News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Vyper68

Quote from: 00WReX on 02:24, 27 January 18
Looks like a decent condition QWERTY 6128 Plus for sale in the UK.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Amstrad-cpc-6128-plus-retro-gaming-computer-Vintage/173117366863?hash=item284e99624f:g:XnwAAOSwmNxaZ6YD

Cheers,
Shane

EDIT:

Re-listed...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Amstrad-cpc-6128-plus-retro-gaming-computer-Vintage/173124860624?hash=item284f0bbad0:g:XnwAAOSwmNxaZ6YD

I have put a bid in on this but i will still need the Cart with the OS on can you get replacements???

If you can't and i cannot use it - i will post it anywhere anyone on the forum wants it as long as i am all square.
Paul Woakes - Genius & Programmer

Thank you for Mercenary Paul

ComSoft6128

If you can do without Burning Rubber, Parados carts are available from Ebay, I bought one last year and it works fine.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: ComSoft6128 on 16:10, 29 January 18
If you can do without Burning Rubber, Parados carts are available from Ebay, I bought one last year and it works fine.

The only thing about ParaDOS is some of the older cracked games cause problems. I know some older cracks of Techno Cop and Midnight Resistance failed to load under ParaDOS, but worked fine under AMSDOS.

It's a case of your mileage may vary.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Vyper68

Bit academic now, i've been outbid and i'm not going any higher for now.

remax

Quote from: Vyper68 on 16:01, 29 January 18
I have put a bid in on this but i will still need the Cart with the OS on can you get replacements???

If you can't and i cannot use it - i will post it anywhere anyone on the forum wants it as long as i am all square.

You can buy a C4CPC and upload the OS rom on your SD card, it works perfectly.
Brain Radioactivity

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: remax on 22:35, 30 January 18

You can buy a C4CPC and upload the OS rom on your SC card, it works perfectly.

Recommended. Got mine from @gerald last year and well worth the investment.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Vyper68

Quote from: remax on 22:35, 30 January 18

You can buy a C4CPC and upload the OS rom on your SD card, it works perfectly.

I'll bear that in mind when i get round to getting a plus - question would this work with a 464+ as well?

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Vyper68 on 08:38, 31 January 18
I'll bear that in mind when i get round to getting a plus - question would this work with a 464+ as well?

Yep. It was built with the GX4000 in mind to be able to play games which weren't specifically written for that. Given that the GX only has 64k, so it'll run perfectly on a 464+ too.

(You should check the GX4000 converted games list, there's a whopper of a selection for it, also work well on the pluses)

Gryzor

This is not an item for sale, but a news item. Since tons of people complain about PayPal, this may be of interest:

http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/01/technology/paypal-ebay-payments-split-adyen/index.html

Dagger

:o  Did not see that coming. Hopefully Ebay will be cutting their own throat as more people are starting to buy from forums, FB marketplace etc
Life's a bitch. You marry one or two then you die !

Gryzor

Yeah, that was rather out of the blue. I wouldn't hold my breath about eBay losing much sleep over fora and FB though, it's much huger than you and I see in our little world...

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Gryzor on 14:27, 01 February 18
This is not an item for sale, but a news item. Since tons of people complain about PayPal, this may be of interest:

http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/01/technology/paypal-ebay-payments-split-adyen/index.html

Not the smartest move by Ebay at all. I've never had an ounce of trouble with paypal. If anything, it would just discourage me from using fleabay.

Gryzor

It's sellers that mostly have issues with Paypal, I think. As a buyer I've never had an issue, except with their fees perhaps.

But "Adyen"? Who has ever heard of them? Strangely on their site there's only a "create test account", can't even try it...

Bryce

What's the bets that Adyen is a startup fully funded by ebay?

As far as losing customers is concerned, ebays policies, support and customer relations depts are looking after that bit. It has become so buggy and unusable that I only use ebay for "emergencies" now.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Adyen is a company that opened doors in 2006 and has physical presence in a dozen or so countries :D

But you're right about the rest, concerning eBay. It used to be a pleasant experience, now it's a wild west where you have to constantly look over your shoulder...

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Gryzor on 14:56, 01 February 18
It's sellers that mostly have issues with Paypal, I think. As a buyer I've never had an issue, except with their fees perhaps.

Well to be fair, almost anywhere that handles transactions of some sorts have fees, banks, etc.
Sellers have issue with paypal because they can't fleece people like they used to be able to. My heart bleeds for them.

Gryzor

Not always true. You can google about Paypal horror stories - yes, it does protect customers, but it often goes overboard.

Somewhat related: these days I'm dealing with a seller who used ebay's Global Shipping Program. He's got proof he did send the item (and I believe him), however after it was delivered to eBay's depot it... disappeared. For weeks now eBay is trying to locate who the employee who signed for it (we've got a name) is! Of course I can ask and be rightly refunded for it, but the seller seems like he's left out to dry by eBay's partner, while its other partner takes his money and gives it back to me.

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 16:09, 01 February 18
Not always true. You can google about Paypal horror stories - yes, it does protect customers, but it often goes overboard.

Somewhat related: these days I'm dealing with a seller who used ebay's Global Shipping Program. He's got proof he did send the item (and I believe him), however after it was delivered to eBay's depot it... disappeared. For weeks now eBay is trying to locate who the employee who signed for it (we've got a name) is! Of course I can ask and be rightly refunded for it, but the seller seems like he's left out to dry by eBay's partner, while its other partner takes his money and gives it back to me.

Though I would spare a few Femto-seconds of sympathy for the seller. He chose to use GSP and now has to live with that choice.

Bryce.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Bryce on 09:20, 02 February 18
Though I would spare a few Femto-seconds of sympathy for the seller. He chose to use GSP and now has to live with that choice.

Bryce.

So much this. You pay peanuts, you'll get monkeys!

Gryzor

Yeah, but that was not the essence of my comment.

ComSoft6128

Now up to £113 for the Plus diagnostic cart.
A mistake?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132481735722?ul_noapp=true

Phantomz

Quote from: ComSoft6128 on 18:19, 04 February 18
Now up to £113 for the Plus diagnostic cart.
A mistake?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132481735722?ul_noapp=true

WOW  :o

Think I'll run this from the C4CPC  ;D

tjohnson

Seems crazy for something that is very e easily created from a standard cart

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Gryzor

"What? £25 for a 464 when you can run it for free using an emulator?"

Come on guys, it may be expensive but again, it's not the practical benefits one is buying...

ComSoft6128

Regarding the diagnostic cart for sale on Ebay. The bids jumped from £11 to £111 without any other bids gradually leading up to that rather large price. I am relatively new to Ebay (using it for about 6 months) but to me that looked odd.

Am I missing something?

No sarcastic answers please!