News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

steve

I did not look at the item location, just assumed it was in australia.
When I do searches on ebay uk, it often gives results for items in america which is annoying and a waste of my time since the delivery costs from america are INSANE, not long ago there was a technical book listed at a couple of hundred dollars  and the p+p was $937, for a book!
Maybe it has something to do with export controls on technology?

Gryzor

Unfortunately the Amstrads had the worst boxes ever... not really very collectable!

Cholo

Yup, a big box version of Captain Blood and its even a Disc version for just £8 (and a couple of other interesting amstrad disc games at similar nice prices).

Ebay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-AMSTRAD-CPC-464-664-6128-DISK-PLATOON-GAME-/280774321763?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item415f742663

Alas .. no international bidders as usual.
Ill let this cat show you how i feel about that:

ralferoo

Hmmm. The boxed 6128 + monitor was by far the best condition CPC I've got in my entire collection. Ironically, it was probably also the cheapest working one too, until I felt guilty for them and gave them almost double. Even then I still felt bad handing over a £20 and telling them that I didn't want the change, mostly because even £20 for it was nothing compared to the £40 on fuel I used to get there and back...

That said, £175 is very steep for a 464, even if it was pristine. (IMHO)

00WReX

The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Bryce

It's a lower ROM replacement card, very easy to build, so not really worth that much.

Bryce.

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 20:58, 19 November 11
It's a lower ROM replacement card, very easy to build, so not really worth that much.

Bryce.

Well, in contrast! If it is really a _lower_ ROM changer, than this is the only one ever made (ignoring the Multiface II). And it's worth it enournous for people who want to alter the CPC-OS.

If I would know that it is really a lower-ROM box, then I would buy it, but I'm not so sure about it, since this is one of the very few CPC expansions unknown to me.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Bryce

There were sevaral lower ROMBoards and even an ACU project as far as I can remember, so they are not that rare. Take a look here: http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/FO-DOS

Bryce.

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 23:18, 19 November 11
There were sevaral lower ROMBoards and even an ACU project as far as I can remember, so they are not that rare. Take a look here: http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/FO-DOS

I really wished you would be right! But sadly this FO-DOS (what ever it is exactly?) seems to be (IF...) the other card which can do that. But I never ever saw one on Ebay at all.

It would be great if "somebody" would create such a Lower-ROM-Box for the CPC  ;)

Look at the price ... man that's climbing like hell!

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

00WReX

Yes that would be cool, especially if it looked as professional as the MegaFlash  ;)
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Terje_Norway

Hi,

Have had a look through ACU (Amstrad Computer User), and found the romchanger project. It is described in March 89, page 38-42.
(Didn't find a direct link to the pages)

The pictures in the article, and the pictures of the unit on sale, are more or less identical, so it looks like it was made from the ACU project. Building it in 89 would cost You 27.09 GBP according to the parts list.
The 40025 upgrade ROM did cost 19.50 GBP back then ::)

Yours

Terje Grind
NORWAY

PS What do You think of the following auction that ended a few days ago. Sold for 358 EUR :o

"Lot Exceptionnel : Amstrad GX4000 : console + jeux + moniteur"
Did contain a GX4000 + CM14 monitor + 16 cartridge games

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lot-Exceptionnel-Amstrad-GX4000-console-jeux-moniteur-/200671273242?pt=FR_Jeux_Vid%C3%A9o&hash=item2eb8f0a11a

Bryce

A ROM changer is a complete "no-brainer", it needs nothing more than a ROM socket, 50way socket and 2 diodes. I'll do up a layout if anyones interested. Anyone who can hold a soldering iron can build one of these. But they weren't compatible with ROMBoards, ie: if it's connected, you can't use a ROMBoard/MegaFlash at the same time. It could be made "ROMBoard Compatible", but it would need some logic added.

Bryce.

steve

Did a romboard's rom0 replace the firmware rom?, would it be possible to modify romboards to replace the firmware/basic rom?

Bryce

No ROM0 is BASIC, which can be replaced with a ROMBoard, but most ROMBoards only decode and react to the upper ROM signal, so it would need a few changes to get it to replace the lower ROM.

Bryce.

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 23:02, 20 November 11
A ROM changer is a complete "no-brainer", it needs nothing more than a ROM socket, 50way socket and 2 diodes. I'll do up a layout if anyones interested. Anyone who can hold a soldering iron can build one of these. But they weren't compatible with ROMBoards, ie: if it's connected, you can't use a ROMBoard/MegaFlash at the same time. It could be made "ROMBoard Compatible", but it would need some logic added.

Bryce.

Well, I would be very interrestet in a Lower-ROM-Box to replace the Lower RAM _with_ compatibility to the MegaFlash. And my guess it I'm not the only one.

So... what can we do with a Lower-ROM card?

- Switch between 464/472/464 and 6128/6128 Plus OS. (For the BASIC you use the MegaFlash)
- Replace the charater set in the CPC-OS by any one you like
- Change colors on "Switch ON"
- Patch firmware to work with 32 expansion ROMs
- Get your own OS running at &0000
- Get rid off save"xxx",p protection
- add your own routines (who needs FILL, save that space for your own stuff).
- Use the CPC with Geman umlauts, or Spanish or French special characters
- Directly boot into NyanCAT ;-)
- Run CP/M from ROM
- and much more...

That coult be the TOP HOT X-MAS project ;-)
TFM of FutureSoft

steve

Please. somebody say they want this before I start bidding on it. I have too many already and cannot really afford to keep buying them. :laugh:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250935060885?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Bryce

@Steve: Very nice, but as usual they won't post anywhere off the island.

@TFM: Reading your idea list, I was like, yeah, ok, whatever, do we really need that... Until I got to the "Boot directly to NyanCat" !!! Ok, I'm off to do some soldering :D

Bryce.

TFM

You are the man!  8)
TFM of FutureSoft

ralferoo

Quote from: steve on 01:09, 21 November 11Please. somebody say they want this before I start bidding on it. I have too many already and cannot really afford to keep buying them. :laugh:
I'd be tempted, but I still haven't used the GX4000 I bought about 4 months ago and I don't really need the 4 x 464s and 3 x 6128s I already have (although not all of them work). (I only really bought them to cover all the CRTC and gate array combos when my code didn't work on 1 of my 2 [at the time] 464s)

It'd be a "nice to have" though I guess, especially as I don't have any ASIC based CPCs (apart from the GX4000 and I never got round to trying to build a rom board)...

ralferoo

Quote from: Terje_Norway on 12:41, 20 November 11PS What do You think of the following auction that ended a few days ago. Sold for 358 EUR :o

"Lot Exceptionnel : Amstrad GX4000 : console + jeux + moniteur"
Did contain a GX4000 + CM14 monitor + 16 cartridge games
With Copter 271, Pang and Klax it's probably a fair price even without the console. With all the rest of the games and the monitor (which is probably quite rare) I'd say it's probably a pretty good price if you want one... I take it you know about http://gx4000.co.uk/gamebase/rarity.php ?

steve

Phew, that was nerve-racking, I thought it was going to sell for just £21 and I would regret not bidding, but at 8 seconds the price jumped to £43.88, which makes me feel better about the prices I have paid in the past.
(I am not the seller).

ralferoo

Doh, I totally forgot about the auction anyway...  :-[

Also, I just noticed this casually chucked into the description: "ALSO SELLING LADIES BRAND NEW LEGGINGS PLEASE LOOK ."  ???

Bryce

I'm sure he'll give you a discount on the postage if you order the leggings too. Go on, we won't tell anybody :D

Bryce.

ralferoo

There's another 464 plus on ebay at the moment, but this discussion has made me decide I want it!
I've put a reasonable bid on it, so hopefully nobody here pushes my bid up...  ;)

Please don't start talking about 664s and 6128pluses now while I'm in a buying frame of mind or I'll hate you all...  :o

TFM

Quote from: ralferoo on 02:50, 22 November 11
There's another 464 plus on ebay at the moment, but this discussion has made me decide I want it!
I've put a reasonable bid on it, so hopefully nobody here pushes my bid up...  ;)

Please don't start talking about 664s and 6128pluses now while I'm in a buying frame of mind or I'll hate you all...  :o

Well, ok, so I'm not going to tell you that I will sell my 664Plus next week...
TFM of FutureSoft