News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Gryzor

McKlain

Pretty rare collector's item!

TFM

Yes, sure ;-) If you watch CPC chainsaw massacre and replay the movie with my 464 I will have such an item too ;-)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

ervin

Quote from: 00WReX on 06:37, 23 March 12
Looks like a nice, one owner CPC6128 package with the Colour monitor & TV tuner ad on for anyone in Australia.
Specifically South Australia...Adelaide, as it says local pickup only.

It is not very often that you find these appearing on ebay Australia these days, especially as its a full package including the manual etc.

I'm in Melbourne, so a fair way from me...but Thought I'd post it for any interested South Australians out there.

Amstrad 128 computer + Monitor (+tv tuner add-on) with Disk drive unit and softw

Cheers,
Shane

IT'S MINE!!!
YEEHAAAAA!!!!!  :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks for the heads up Shane, this is a dream come true!

WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[EDIT] And... I've picked it up!
I'm hoping to take some photos later tonight and post them.

Gryzor

At 140 euros I'd say ouch, but then again it's totally worth it! Congrats, have fun!!!

ervin

Yeah it is quite high - there was a bidding war in the last 5 minutes. The fact that it was pickup only, and so no postage, offsets the high cost somewhat.

My wife was by my side during the last few minutes of the auction, so it is an "approved" purchase.  ;D

00WReX

WooHoo, that's great news mate.
Honestly, it may sound a fair bit to the guys in Europe but these really are becoming few & far between in Australia.
And with the huge distances between major cities in this country, finding one locally is even harder...if it is interstate the postage with a monitor would be crazy, that's why I did not bid on it (although, in reality I definately don't need it...pretty much out of space).

I'm very happy for you mate...thats really good news. Definately put up a photo or two...I never get bored of seeing a CPC.  :D

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

awergh

Wow that one went for more then I expected since it was local pickup. Congrats on the exciting purchase. As much as I would really like a 6128 I think its going to be hard to find one for a cheap price ah well Bryce will eventually release a RAM Expansion and I'll be able to play Orion Prime on my 464 and everything will be good :D

ervin

Aaaargh!!!

Some problems!

The DEL key and SPACE key seem to be dead.
But even worse, the drive doesn't work!

When I put a disc in it clicks into place nicely.
When I type CAT, the cpc tries to access the disc, but the drive starts buzzing quite loudly, and I get the "Retry, Ignore, Cancel" message popping up.  :(

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Gryzor

Quote from: ervin on 14:29, 25 March 12
When I put a disc in it clicks into place nicely.
When I type CAT, the cpc tries to access the disc, but the drive starts buzzing quite loudly, and I get the "Retry, Ignore, Cancel" message popping up.  :(

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Sure; it needs a belt replacement. As for the non-working keys, try opening it up and checking the membrane, it may be as simple as cleaning it...

ervin

I thought as much.
Thanks man.

Just wondering, what is the preferred method of cleaning the keyboard membrane?
Should I use some sort of cleaner, or could that damage the membrane?

00WReX

No chemicals...simply warm water is all you would want to use.
A damp sponge is OK to give it a wipe over.
Also, before dis-assembling any of the keyboard, simply unplug and re-insert the keyboard to motherboard ribbon cable connector (do this a few times) to make sure the contacts are making a good connection.
Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Gryzor

Damn... that Sam Coupe ended north of 550 quid!

I'm also watching this nice Atari Falcon, had no idea they sell so dearly!

steve

Gryzor

Ew... dirty. But what would you expect from a kitchen computer...

TopBanana

There's a bunch of early Amstrad User Mags up here

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Is any one after these for scanning as some of the ones we seem to have available are a little incomplete.

Gryzor

"Post to the UK" :(

TopBanana

Ask the seller if he will send internationally - most people don't think outside the box :o

TopBanana

Have asked and the seller is apparently quite happy to send to the EU, he's amending the auctions as we speak.

steve

If someone can design an IDE/CF interface for the expansion port, these drives would be perfect, only £3.58 each with free delivery from hong kong, there are other listings with different prices.

robcfg

These drives seem nice, but then again, Compact Flash cards have that amount of storage and are IDE compatible.

I have a Symbiface II with a CF card as mass storage and it works just dandy.

00WReX

The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

steve

Quote from: steve on 22:37, 30 March 12
If someone can design an IDE/CF interface for the expansion port, these drives would be perfect, only £3.58 each with free delivery from hong kong, there are other listings with different prices.

These are no longer available.
They had 881 when I bought mine, but all sellers seem to have ended their auctions.