News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Quote from: TopBanana on 16:51, 30 March 12
Have asked and the seller is apparently quite happy to send to the EU, he's amending the auctions as we speak.

Darn, I had forgotten about this... :( thanks for the feedback and action though.

00WReX

Looks like a nice 464 package with green screen in Melboune, Australia.
From the photo, looks to be an early, tall key version and it's an Australian "Awa" from the screen shot.

AMSTRAD CPC 464 Computer w/- GT 64 Monitor, games and joystick. WORKS GREAT! |

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Terje_Norway

HI,

Look at this auction that ended earlier today.

Amstrad 79 x CF-2 3" floppy discs.
Amstrad 79 x CF-2 3" floppy discs | eBay

Price : 113.11 GBP

That's 1.43 GBP pr disc. Not a bad price, I think ! ! !

Wonder how many thousand pounds I have worth of discs ? ? ?

Terje Grind
NORWAY

TotO

The auction ended yesterday and was only shipped in UK.
It's a normal price for used CF2 floppies.

Last weeks, I have bought around 20 new Amsoft Compact floppy disc for 1.5€ each.
And 20 other new for 2.5€ each.

(don't ask me why... :D )
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Terje_Norway

Hi,

OPS  :o

Correction, YES it ended yesterday. It said UK only, but it did also contain shipping prices outside UK
(16.91 GBP x 2 parcels = 33.82 GBP in postage)

In 2007 I bought : "50 NEW Maxell CF2 Compact Amstrad Discs (Sealed)" price   53 GBP (1.06 GBP pr disc)
In 2008 I bought : "Lot de 334 Disquettes 3 pouces Amstrad CPC"               price 130 GBP (0.39 GBP pr disc)

That makes my collection of 3inch discs worth nearly 3000 GBP  8) calculated with these prices ! ! !

On the other hand Ebay is auctions, and it comes down to what people are willing to pay for an item ! ! !

Terje Grind
NORWAY

TotO

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

beaker

I got a feeling that chap is selling them off in batches. I bought a similar quantity from him back in December for £42...

I even took a photo of them at the time I am that sad  :laugh:
HxC case

Just hope my £20 "untested" 6128 (original CPC) I bought the other day doesn't turn out to be a steaming pile of turd and it will power up and just need a new belt, then I can persuade Bryce to sell me a new cable for my Megaflash  ;D

Terje_Norway

Hi,

A long time ago, I did an even bigger deal  8)

I bought about 800 3inch discs and 1200 5.25 inch discs for the Amstrad CPC. The parcel did also contain the sellers old 5.25 inch disc drive and some other stuff. The parcel was HUGE, and the weight was about 60 kg if I remembers right. I think I payed about 550 GBP for the lot. 270 GBP for the goods, and 270 GBP in postage ! ! !

Even today I haven't gone trough all the discs  ???
My biggest problem is that I never got the 5.25 inch disc drive to work. Later I have bought several other disc drives, but none of them has been able to read my discs. It doesn't look like the discs are faulty to me, but what do I know ? ? ?

Anyway I still have them set up in 6 disc boxes.

Terje Grind
NORWAY

Gryzor

Quote from: Terje_Norway on 21:32, 08 April 12
270 GBP for the goods, and 270 GBP in postage ! ! !

Are you... Jesus?? :D :D :D

Bryce

Are you sure the 5.25in discs are for the CPC and not for some other computer?

Bryce.

TFM

Quote from: Terje_Norway on 21:32, 08 April 12
My biggest problem is that I never got the 5.25 inch disc drive to work. Later I have bought several other disc drives, but none of them has been able to read my discs. It doesn't look like the discs are faulty to me, but what do I know ? ? ?

Try XD-DOS  ;D
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Terje_Norway

Quote from: Bryce on 20:17, 09 April 12
Are you sure the 5.25in discs are for the CPC and not for some other computer?

Bryce.
Hi Bryce,

Yes the discs are for the CPC. They do contain a lot of Amstrad software :

- WACCI
- ARNOR software
- CPM software : Wordstar, Supercalc, Cracker, Protext, Turbo Pascal and so on.
- Lots of games
- Copying software
- Demos
- Stop Press clipart and fonts
- Educational
- And a lot of other stuff

I tried years ago to read some of the discs (with the least valuable software), but I was only able to read a few sectors each disc. To me it looks like the discs are not in Amsdos or a Parados compatible format. The discs originates from UK, so I though it might have been in a format commonly used in the UK ! ! !

Quote from: TFM/FS on 20:23, 09 April 12

Try XD-DOS  ;D
I'll try that  ;)

Perhaps I should make another attempt to read those discs, and perhaps someone out there might help me on the right track  ::)

I'll have a look at that later this week, and give You the details ! ! !

Yours
Terje Grind
NORWAY

beaker

Just to change the subject quickly - CPC 664 on ebay but pickup only in the UK.

AMSTRAD CPC 664, WORKING + EXTRAS | eBay

I am probably going mad, but... I think that may be my old parallel cable I made when I was living in Salisbury in the listing below. I wonder if they're my old disk drives and my old multiface with the dodgy buttons? Certainly that's the manual I remember having.... I think I am going to have to bid on it and get one if my mates to post it to Ireland :)

Amstrad CPC FLOPPY DRIVES x2, MULTIFACE 2, PC PARALLEL to CPC DISK unit | eBay

Ynot.zer0

Just noticed this on our fave auction site:
DDI-464 cable

I'm not willing to fork out £46+P&P, but I am very interested......  does anyone know what modifications could have been done?
I have a couple of spare one's of these and would be very interested in knowing if I could get my 464 working with a HxC... any thoughts?

Bryce

Follow the instructions here and you can use your HxC with a DDI-1: DDI Modification - CPCWiki - The Ultimate Amstrad CPC Community & Encyclopedia!
If you've any questions send them my way.

Bryce.

Terje_Norway

Hi,

These auctions have ended the last days :

Amstrad 3" disc " Transact " - Sold for 79.76 GBP  ???
Amstrad 3" disc " Transact " | eBay

Amstrad 3" disc " Pitman Typing Tutor " - Sold for 28.76 GBP  :)
Amstrad 3" disc " Pitman Typing Tutor " | eBay

VINTAGE HEGOTRON GRAFPAD 11 BRITISH MICRO AMSTRAD TABLET DEVICE PCW BOXED - Sold for 91.00 GBP  :-[
eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

The big question is ! ! ! Is it the PCW version ? ? ? Based on the pictures I'm not sure. Did bid on it, but didn't win ! ! !

Yours

Terje Grind
NORWAY

Bryce

I think you've misunderstood the Threads Title, it's "Latest on ebay", not "Too late, it was on ebay" :D

Bryce.

beaker

Quote from: Terje_Norway on 14:58, 12 April 12
The big question is ! ! ! Is it the PCW version ? ? ? Based on the pictures I'm not sure. Did bid on it, but didn't win ! ! !

Yeah, and what's worse is it looks as though he didn't want to advertise that these were on ebay as he was bidding on them in case we drove up the final price! (joke)  :laugh:

The 5 1/4 inch "ploppy" does look a bit out of place, especially as the listing dates it as 1985 which would have been when the PCW machines were released and so would have used 3 inch discs?!?

Gryzor

More from the "Too late, was on eBay" department, this lovely, lovely Memotech MTX500. I don't remember having seen one before, but it's gorgeous...

MEMOTECH MTX 500 COMPUTER+BOXED+SOFTWARE+EXCELENT CONDITION | eBay

beaker

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:09, 17 April 12
More from the "Too late, was on eBay" department, this lovely, lovely Memotech MTX500. I don't remember having seen one before, but it's gorgeous...

MEMOTECH MTX 500 COMPUTER+BOXED+SOFTWARE+EXCELENT CONDITION | eBay

Hectic, I didn't realise they used the Memotech MTX500 in Weird Science...

Weird Science

Gryzor

Oh god, great movie, had no idea either!

Bryce

The MTX was a really nice computer to look at, but not great otherwise. Really well preserved though, pity it isn't the red cased version, then it would have fetched 5 times more.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Red? Are you sure? Just did a search, all I can find is this black one...

Bryce

That's why the red one would be worth so much. Supposedly they produced it for a Russian government contract that fell through (one of the reasons the company went bust), so I don't think the red one was ever sold anywhere, but a few of them must exist.

Bryce.

Gryzor

QuoteA contributing factor, beyond the poor commercial success of the MTX, was the substantial investment Memotech made in preparing the MTX for the Soviet deal. This required a red brushed aluminum case instead of black,

By god, red brushed aluminum? This would look better than Georgia Salpa![nb]someone should send her an email and tell her she's a mascot here[/nb]!!! Such a pity... It doesn't appear there were any made though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memotech_MTX