News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryce

Well I wouldn't go that far! But it would have looked rather good. The Original MTX500 (and the much bigger MTX512) are both black brushed aluminium, which already looks cool as it is.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Ok, let's just settle for "the MTX ages better than Salpa", right? :D

Bryce

That's the case with most computers, otherwise you'd have hobbiests collecting "Retro-women" :D

Bryce.

Gryzor

Well, then again there's vintage pr0n, which would be the equivalent of emulation...

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 15:29, 17 April 12
That's the case with most computers, otherwise you'd have hobbiests collecting "Retro-women" :D

Bryce.

They're cheap:

Retro Women High Waisted Flippy Flared Concealed Zip Royal Blue Mini Short Skirt

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Hey, this is cute, and the auction restriction is a nightmare to grasp :D

Bryce

All sorts of strange pictures in my head now, Gryzor in blue mini-skiirt!!

Make the evil pictures go away!! :D Aaaaarrrrggghhhhh!

Bryce.

Gryzor

I suppose you have never shopped for a member of the female population, then?

Though I know others imagining it on a pony or something...

Bryce

No, I haven't.

And yes, I know, but those people (who we won't name) need professional help.

Bryce.

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 11:00, 19 April 12
Though I know others imagining it on a pony or something...
:o :laugh: :o
See here...
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

ralferoo

Quote from: beaker on 21:58, 09 April 12
Just to change the subject quickly - CPC 664 on ebay but pickup only in the UK.
AMSTRAD CPC 664, WORKING + EXTRAS | eBay
I almost kicked myself - I was refreshing every second for the last 2 minutes convinced the price would skyrocket, and instead it stayed at £42.

I should have bid anyway, but it'd have just been too expensive to drive there to collect. I spent about 15 minutes trying to decide between bidding and asking him to post just the computer and Devpac or not bidding at all. I'm still not convinced I did the right thing by not bidding... :'(

I guess this is another reminder of how listing things as "pickup only" limits the potential bidders - I think if he'd listed just the 664 without monitor he'd easily have got somewhere between £50 and £100 plus postage...

Gryzor

Wow, this was a lovely set! Indeed, pickup seems to limit the bidders too much...

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

genesis8

Quote from: TFM/FS on 18:18, 20 April 12
MINI / MIDI für the CPC. Wished to have that one:

CHEETAH MINI (MIDI) INTERFACE AND SOFTWARE FOR AMSTRAD CPC WORKING | eBay

In France I get : Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to prevent restricted items from being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of said restrictions because of limitations of existing technology. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay.

Doh !

ralferoo

Quote from: TFM/FS on 18:18, 20 April 12
MINI / MIDI für the CPC. Wished to have that one:
CHEETAH MINI (MIDI) INTERFACE AND SOFTWARE FOR AMSTRAD CPC WORKING | eBay
There's still 6 days left, you've not missed it yet!

TFM

@Genesis8: WoW!!! Thats a really free country you life in? Same shit happens to my friends at home (DE) when I send them harmless links once a while. In the USA things seem to be still a bit more free - if you just look at the surface.  ;)
@Ralferoo: Well, yes, but I'm not in UK. Just hope that a nice CPC user will get it and maybe do some scans, plans, whatever for the CPC-Wiki  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

ralferoo

Quote from: TFM/FS on 20:51, 20 April 12
@Ralferoo: Well, yes, but I'm not in UK. Just hope that a nice CPC user will get it and maybe do some scans, plans, whatever for the CPC-Wiki  :)
Well, you know someone's already done that? http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Mini_Interface_for_connection_to_MK5_MIDI_Keyboard

Looking at the PCB, it's very basic IO circuit. The red wire is 5V, the blue wire (midi in) goes through the buffer and is read via software polling. It's not particularly good by MIDI standards - there's no opto-isolator, so it'd be easy to damage the buffer chip with static. The data is provided on D0, I've not checked the connections to the NAND/OR chips, so haven't decoded the address, but can if you are that interested.

In terms of usage on the CPC, because it's software polled, the CPC must do an IO request 31250 times per second, so 4ms every 32ms, and after polling the port there's not really much time left to do anything else. There's possibly just about enough time to decode the MIDI data, store it and lookup the note and play it, but it'd be quite a tightly written bit of code.

Probably the real value of this auction is in the plastic case and the edge connector as I believe they're getting hard to get hold of now...

ralferoo

Just noticed this guy has loads and loads of 3" disks for sale, mostly ending in the next few hours or tomorrow: frankcb867 | eBay

beaker

Anyone after an official Amstrad box for their 464 + green screen monitor?  ???

AMSTRAD CPC464, 'ORIGINAL' Empty Box... ! (...Ha-Ha-Ha...! ) | eBay

ralferoo

6128 in Greece - might be a good buy for any Greeks looking for another machine: Amstrad CPC 6128 computer fully refurbished | eBay

Actually, the postage isn't that bad for international post. It'd cost almost that much to post inside the UK if using Royal Mail!

Gryzor

Quote from: ralferoo on 08:00, 25 April 12
6128 in Greece - might be a good buy for any Greeks looking for another machine: Amstrad CPC 6128 computer fully refurbished | eBay

Actually, the postage isn't that bad for international post. It'd cost almost that much to post inside the UK if using Royal Mail!

Yeah, but it's without the monitor...

ralferoo

beaker

Wait until April 30th and Royal Mail hike up their prices then it probably will be the same price to post inside the UK...  :laugh:

mr_lou

Anyone seen this CPC6128+ yet?

He writes later that he tested it, and it works fine.

MacDeath

Then why can't I see any Basic cartridge ?

Gotta be vigilant or this scroodgic Crook will not give it too.