News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_lou

Quote from: MacDeath on 19:53, 20 May 12
Then why can't I see any Basic cartridge ?

Gotta be vigilant or this scroodgic Crook with not give it too.

....er...  what?
Basic cartridge? Do you need a basic cartridge for a CPC6128+ before you can code basic??

steve

Yes, the cartridge holds the firmware, basic and the game - Burning Rubber.
The 6128plus is useless without a cartridge.

mr_lou

Wow, I had no idea!
Good to know.. Seems a bit silly though imho.

robcfg

It was cheaper to make a cartridge rather than putting the roms in the pcb along with the cartridge connector...

MacDeath

Also it was supposed to ease Firmware upgrade or alternative OS... but was not done due to lack of suckcess...

I just can't even understand why we still don't have kustom 512K Cartridges with "SymbOS PLUS edition" yet. >:(
This should be supplied with a good mouse adapter for PLUS, taking Power supply from the Analog Joy port.
Could even support Mouse through the Analog port, would enable better mouse movement perhaps... :)

You can also find some Basic1.1 cartridge, they don't include Burning Rubber but are said to have a better compatibility with old CPC range.

Having the "OS" on cartridge was also some sort of antipiracy method...
Because your OS need the cartridge port, you can't access the Game cartridge from your OS easily (so can't crack them...)
Sort of.

spookspring

Hi this guy is having a loft clearout. http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/nimrug1/&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2754

Amdrum, Music Maker
and a modem which is not listed in the CPC Wiki, protek 1200 computer modem with interface.

Also a Romantic Robot II going.

I have been outbid on everything so far.
The final frontier - trying to get online with a CPC - Complete!

mr_lou

MacDeath

QuoteAnother CPC6128+
But defect I think.
Again I see no cartridge.

mr_lou

So buy your cartridge from another auction??

Cholo

Quite clearly a homemade 4in1 cart:
Very Rare Greatest Hits - 4 games cartridge for Amstrad GX 4000 CPC464 6128 plus

The lack of any "copyright" on the box kinda speaks for itself. Also it may just be my imagination, but the box label looks a bit uneven on closer inspection. The "manual" looks homemade as well.

Of cause he dosnt say its a original and yes a homemade cart like that is probably quite rare, but do beware!

MacDeath

QuoteThe lack of any "copyright" on the box kinda speaks for itself.
:laugh:
Hahaha it is common knoledge that those are bootlegs anyway, such stuff were never officially released.

Also just look at those games.

1 is by Infogrames
2 are from Loriciels
1 is from OCEAN

all of them would have release compilations with only their own products on it...

(A loriciel GX4000 compilation could be awesome indeed... Magic Pinbal and so on...)

Also the switcher for games...

An official release would have had a proper on screen software menu.

Also...WTF ? sold for 110£ ?

The guy most probably cannibalised a GX4000 Burnin' rubber cartridge sold for like 5-10 euros max...

Then hacked a 512K Eprom and a jumpeer into it...
ok some work was done and a few extra chips... but definitely a crook...

such thing should cost like 40€uros maximum, and you should even ask for the original ROM that was on the cartridge.

I mean i'm ok for guy to sell this, but there the price is ridiculously too high for such thing as he clearly don't tell it is a homemade thing...

Badstarr

Ha! Cholo you beat me to it! I just spotted this little gem, I wonder if Bryce will get a cut for his design? Honestly it really annoys me when people take designs offered for free on the web and use them to bootleg things and flog 'em with the usual "Rare! a Must for any Amstrad Collector! Of course it's bloody rare! The seller only built the one. It's one of a kind! And worth maybe £6 for the parts. An old Burnin Rubber Cart, A £5.00 SRAM IC, 30 seconds to download the cartridge images and an hour to throw it all together.

The sad part is that some poor soul has already made an offer on this item! I wonder if they know its a knock off?

I have about 5 Burnin Rubber Carts that I've picked up over the years, I have all the things I need in my parts bin to build 5 exact replicas of this cart! Maybe I should make a bootleg of the bootleg, and offer them on ebay for £10 each all at the same time? It would certainly put a crimp on this sellers 'Rare' claim! Grrr!
Proud owner of 464 GTM64 6128 GTM65, GX4128 and a 464/6128 Plus Hybrid a 20 year long ambition realised! :-)

MacDeath

usually we report those offers so the bid is cancelled...

Gryzor

Quote from: MacDeath on 23:13, 23 May 12
usually we report those offers so the bid is cancelled...

Well, I just did.

Man, I hate those auctions. It'd really be fine if they stated what it is, but as it is it's just a lie...

MacDeath

QuoteI have about 5 Burnin Rubber Carts that I've picked up over the years, I have all the things I need in my parts bin to build 5 exact replicas of this cart! Maybe I should make a bootleg of the bootleg, and offer them on ebay for £10 each all at the same time? It would certainly put a crimp on this sellers 'Rare' claim! Grrr!
Lol...

Weren't there some guenuine ACID chips somewhere ?

Clearly, getting a stock of those and mass producing some cartridges with plastic and ROM socket then sell them for 60€uros could really work well... and be a fair trade... even give some margin I guess.

QuoteWell, I just did.
And you did well oh mighty Gry... er...  Contra, holy Palladin of the Amstrad.

McKlain

Quote from: MacDeath on 15:17, 24 May 12Weren't there some guenuine ACID chips somewhere ?

Whoever could get a hold of those should build a plus cart with support for SD cards ala HxC to load your rom and .cpr images onto the cart's memory (wich could be 512k or more?).

Bryce

The Cartridge isn't my Multi-Cart design, it has 4 switches to select the game, mine only needs two switches. It also wouldn't need any extra chips, just a few extra resistors.

TFM has supposedly a stock of real ACID chips that he bought a while back.

Bryce.

ralferoo

Quote from: McKlain on 15:59, 24 May 12
Whoever could get a hold of those should build a plus cart with support for SD cards ala HxC to load your rom and .cpr images onto the cart's memory (wich could be 512k or more?).
If I'm honest, that's one of the reasons why I started my FPGA project. But then I realised it's not much extra effort to emulate the whole CPC too and got a bit distracted... ;)

I've actually got a whole load of BSS138s that I was going to use for level conversion for this very project to interface the 3.3v FPGA and flash chips to 5v.

Bryce

This might be interesting for someone in Ireland...

Vintage Amstrad 464 Plus Console - Mint Condition - Cables, Game & Cartridge |

Silly starting price, but then again, that might discourage a lot of bidders.

Bryce.

mr_lou

They sure do look great those plus machines.
I can't make up my mind whether to get one or not.
That 464plus sure is tempting because of the mint condition. But at the same time I'm sure I'll need an additional 64k + a disk drive very fast. And I bet those aren't easy to come by for the plus machines.

A reason for considering a plus machine is of course because I love the old CPC's, but would also like to be able to do some extra stuff. Check out some cartridges, and buy whatever new cartridges will be built soon by the community. Do we have a pro and con thread anywhere for buying a CPC plus machine?  :)

MacDeath

Sadly I think it is easier to add Tape to a 6128PLUS than to find all the missing chips for a 464PLUS to get it into 4-6128 standard...

Just look at motherboards pictures of both... lots of lots of empty slots on 464PLUS.

I mean, good point is that the slots are there on the Motherboard, but you'll have to find the proper RAM, some other bits and FDC and so on...

And do a lot of delicate soldering.

Also, those 3" disk drives on the 6128PLUS are good... they are +5V powered... and a bit more modern than those on CPC6128...
Could perhaps even be adapted on a modern (not too much modern) PC.

On the other hand, the 464PLUS is more a collectible item than a computer for daily use. Collectors seek them for being rarer... so not a good thing if you actually want to use it, a bit like the CPC664...

Having a 6128PLUS is great provided you want to do some programs on it...
Also there are some great demos on it too and sadly to few specific games, but still Rick Dangerous128PLUS is a great addtional value. ;)

Gryzor

Nice machine, but GBP110 with no monitor? Hmmm...

mr_lou

Buy it, have it shipped to Bryce, have Bryce stuff in all the chips and expansions it can hold, have Bryce send it to you.  :)

What's your price for that Bryce?  :D

I like having both tape and disc drive in my CPC, and since I know I'll mostly (only) be using a 3.5" drive, a CPC464plus with an external drive makes sense to me.
But it does need at least 64k memory expansion. 512k wouldn't be turned down though.  :)

Devilmarkus

All you need is a Bryce+
It has all extensions you need and works with all CPC-devices.
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

mr_lou

I would buy a Bryce+