News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Badstarr

I just spotted the brand new GX4000 too. Only opened to check contents lol! Why not list it as "unopened, as supplied for retail, due to the Copenhagen interpretation of Quantum Mechanics could possibly contain a live or dead cat..." Meh! I have a couple of GX4000 boxes and I know where I can borrow a shrink wrap machine. For me I would prefer the machine was provided unopened, if I was rich I might even pay the £299 and put it next to that unopened box of CF2 disks I have which also may or may not contain a dead cat.
Proud owner of 464 GTM64 6128 GTM65, GX4128 and a 464/6128 Plus Hybrid a 20 year long ambition realised! :-)

Bryce

The live or dead cat of Quantum Mechanics/Physics would unfortunately (according to Erwin Schroedinger) also need to include a small amount of radioactive material and some poison. As far as I know, one or both of these would go against ebays rules of what you may sell on their tat-bazaar. You would also need to identify the cat as already being dead, due to live animals also being banned from their site :D

Bryce.

Badstarr

Quote from: Bryce on 14:51, 06 June 12
You would also need to identify the cat as already being dead, due to live animals also being banned from their site :D

Perhaps this explains why he opened the box?  :laugh:

I do think though, that unopened items are a philosophically a bit like the "Cat in a Box" thought experiment. The unopened box of CF2 disks I have will be forever just that until I open the box and observe its contents, it could be empty, or equally it could be a block of gold, its just more probable that it contains unused sealed CF2 disks. If I open the box all its potential will be realised and I will no longer have a stock of brand new disks arrghhh! Are the disks the same outside of the box as they were in it?? What do I do? It's like I have them.... but I don't!??  I wish I had never bought the damn things! lol!
Proud owner of 464 GTM64 6128 GTM65, GX4128 and a 464/6128 Plus Hybrid a 20 year long ambition realised! :-)

kyjena

Mine is to sell with my 3" cf2 original pack if you want to open yours  ;)

[ebay]110888674467[/ebay]
When i shake it, it doesn't sound like cat in a box... :D

Badstarr

OOOOOOoooooo, don't it look pretty?!  :D  170 Francs? yikes! I just can't bring my self to open up these disks, especially seeing that price tag! lol! no I think I will leave them be for now.

Ooops ! Dyslexia strikes again! I thought it said Franc, lol!  :laugh:

Bryce

FNAC is the shop he bought them in :D Prix FNAC just means "FNACs Price" just like you might have "PCWorlds price" (ie: pointless marketing) in the UK.

Bryce.

TotO

Quote from: kyjena on 16:06, 06 June 12
Mine is to sell with my 3" cf2 original pack if you want to open yours  ;)
When i shake it, it doesn't sound like cat in a box... :D
I got two Amsoft unopened 10x Compact Floppy Disc boxes like that.
- A crystal sheels
- A plastic cases

:D
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TFM

Unopened discs? Either I would use them or donate them if I don't need them.

Ok, you can also sell them on ebay...  ;)  or do so later if you need money.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TotO

It's like a old wine, you keep it for a great day! (hoping it was not corked...)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

mr_lou

Gryzor

€270 and 12 hours to go??! This is insane...
thederbynator2011 is a lucky guy and I know I'm not gonna starve after all :D

ralferoo

£270 with 10 hours to go... That's €330 in monopoly money.

Gryzor

8h 40m, GBP290, €360.

Wtf, are we missing something? Does it say it's made of gold? Is it a prank? 75 bids!!!

kyjena

His friends are bidding for him?
bidders' identities protected in the bid history ...(when i look from France) I can't understand it.
And always 0 bids for my items, boooohooohoooo. I'm thinking the more you are right Gryzor.
Perhaps i have to add VINTAGE RETRO RARE in the title too.

ralferoo

It's a private auction, so bidder's identities are hidden for everyone. There's always a danger of shill bidding in that case, but even so, somebody must still want it badly enough to get it that high...

Gryzor

I was looking at the bids, some of them suggest that at least a part of it is legit (same amounts for instance), but I'm not 100% sure; I don't think it's so possible, ofr instance, to have 75 bids, almost all in round amounts. Usually bidders use figures like 165.65 and stuff like that, and there's too few of these in there.

But I agree with ralferoo, *somebody* must want it real bad.

Gryzor

GBP295, €365. This must be the most expensive 664 ever, probably three times the normal price (including monitor) ever... I still don't understand it.

Badstarr

As I have just learned, the lure of those beautiful crystal clear coloured keys is hard to resist! Honestly the 464 and 664 are beautiful machines, if a little difficult to fit through your front door. My latest 464 ebay acquisition (£10.50) looks stunning (a few dirty marks and a sticker that a bit of Mr Sheen should take care of) and a cracked cassette door (which I will replace). The keys and badges are sooo vibrant on this machine I have never seen a such a well preserved example in the real world. No scratches, no yellowing just crisp Black, White, Red, Green, and Blue! If the 664 is in better nick than the 464 I just got, the buyer may feel he got a bargain! Also the serial number is 2502, is that good?  ::)  Needless to say this machine wont be cannibalised for parts as I intended (it was sold as faulty but works perfectly).

Gryzor

Με
Quote from: Gryzor on 12:38, 08 June 12
GBP295, €365. This must be the most expensive 664 ever, probably three times the normal price (including monitor) ever... I still don't understand it.

Meanwhile, a QWERTY 664 on ebay.fr ended for a mere €80... go figure.

ralferoo

To be fair, even though they're rare, I've never seen them go higher than about £100 before and I've seen some go for £50 in the UK (although obviously not in perfect condition).

awergh

Heh good thing 664s never show up on ebay AU otherwise who knows how much it would go for then.
I mean 464 + Colour monitor = $152 with actual bids to my surprise Amstrad CPC 464 | eBay
or the 464 + GT65 = $59 that hopefully wouldn't pay that much (why do people like such high starting bids?) this one comes with the feature of plugging the 5V power lead straight back into the 12V socket on the monitor  :blank: ?? ?? :o
vintage mid 80's amstrad CPC 464 personal computer | eBay

steve

The description of the mid 80s cpc says it has a colour screen, so someone may be disappointed if they buy it.

Cholo

Amstrad book prized at £227,40:
Graphics Programming Techniques on the Amstrad CPC 464, Wynford James, Acceptabl

Same seller also has a £100 amstrad book and a couple more at around £40-70 so i dont think its a typo. Pretty sure ive seen that book for like £5 quite often but i might be wrong  :)

ralferoo

The starting price on ebay is only relevant if someone bids that high in the first place.

That said, some people do buy this crap. I have a friend who was happy to pay £100 on a lightgun he knew was only worth £50, because he wanted it as soon as possible and didn't want the hassle of maybe winning maybe not.

Gryzor

Quote from: Cholo on 19:40, 10 June 12
Amstrad book prized at £227,40:
Graphics Programming Techniques on the Amstrad CPC 464, Wynford James, Acceptabl

Same seller also has a £100 amstrad book and a couple more at around £40-70 so i dont think its a typo. Pretty sure ive seen that book for like £5 quite often but i might be wrong  :)

Dear god... the seller is a used books store, and according to the blurb, " Bookworld.net is dedicated to providing you with the best quality, lowest cost pre-loved books and media items on eBay.".

Go figure. With a starting price of £227.38 I'm guessing they use some crazy algorithm or something :D