News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Badstarr

Jeezzzuzzzz! Rare Collection Amstrad GX 4000 with huge lot of games | eBay Really????!!! Maybe £100! If he's lucky! It's nice to have genuine packaged items but I'm sure he's just printing these cases/instructions from the net and buying up cheap boxed games and making these himself.
Proud owner of 464 GTM64 6128 GTM65, GX4128 and a 464/6128 Plus Hybrid a 20 year long ambition realised! :-)

mr_lou

Item: 1987 Amstrad Portable PC PPC640 - Retro collectors computer - with case & manual

URL: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=170856485437

Gryzor

Quote from: Badstarr on 03:24, 13 June 12
Jeezzzuzzzz! Rare Collection Amstrad GX 4000 with huge lot of games | eBay Really? ??? !!! Maybe £100! If he's lucky! It's nice to have genuine packaged items but I'm sure he's just printing these cases/instructions from the net and buying up cheap boxed games and making these himself.

Where huge=15. Maybe I should sell my CPC as "Amstrad CPC with infinite games" or something.

Bryce

For cartridge Collectors: This seller has three original cartridges up for sale (Buy now):

ataridreams-uk2 | eBay

Bryce.

Gryzor

Oh wow, some actual, real cartridges!

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:12, 13 June 12

... That aren't Burning Rubber being sold by some twat that sells his GX4000 in a separate auction :D

Bryce.

Gryzor

Quote from: Bryce on 13:27, 13 June 12
... That aren't Burning Rubber being sold by some twat that sells his GX4000 in a separate auction :D

Bryce.

That, too. The world must be getting better.

beaker

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:12, 13 June 12

I hate to break it to you but Star Fox 2 in his list was never released so it'll be a "reproduction"...  :D

ralferoo

Wow, some French game going for €91 plus €15 shipping: eBay | JEU AMSTRAD ORIGINAL UBI SOFT ------> PROFESSION DETECTIVE <------

That's got to be some kind of inflation beating record... must have been a better earner than a lot of stocks and shares over the same period!

Gryzor

Quote from: beaker on 13:42, 13 June 12

I hate to break it to you but Star Fox 2 in his list was never released so it'll be a "reproduction"...  :D

Aw, come on man, you ruined my day...

Bryce

Ok, just for the hell of it I bought the Fire & Forget cartridge from him. I'll let you know how real it is when it gets here.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Seriously? :D

Well, the price is not that high, but still! The rest of them are not expensive either, if only they came with their boxes!

beaker

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:47, 13 June 12
Aw, come on man, you ruined my day...

Sorry  ;D  Although it sounds like the game was almost complete and this would be the only way you could play it on real hardware without something that could contain the rom image and emulate the super fx chip.

According to Wikipedia
Quote"The Japanese version was completely finished except for minor debugging tools that weren't yet removed. It is unknown if there are any complete official English versions, though an unofficial fan translation exists."
On the Internet, a ROM image exists of an early alpha version of the game,[8] which came from a source code archive dating to when the game was in early development.[9] Another ROM, compiled from the latest known source code before the project was cancelled, can also be found—this version is nearly complete and contains minor bugs, debug code, and unfinished features such as a rudimentary multiplayer mode

Quote from: Bryce on 13:55, 13 June 12
Ok, just for the hell of it I bought the Fire & Forget cartridge from him. I'll let you know how real it is when it gets here.

I wondered what the third game was  ;D

Bryce

He had 4 games up originally. Pang went for 18 quid last week.

Bryce.

ralferoo

There's a nice 664 on ebay.fr at the moment with 90 minutes left to go: eBay | AMSTRAD CPC 664 COULEUR + ECRAN COULEUR.

Currently at €91 - I thought about sorting out a courier to the UK and bank fees etc, but it's getting to a highish price now. If you're in France, it's a bit of a bargain though...

MacDeath

not even, I usually manage to get fully equipped CPC6128 or 6128PLUS for less than 40€uros right close to my home...

ralferoo

664 though. It's all about the pretty blue keys!

Bryce

The pretty blue keys went for €145 :D Seems to be about the average for a 664 these days.

@MacDeath: 6128 are always much cheaper. I paid €26 for mine. 664s always go for a lot more.

Bryce.

ralferoo

I got a 6128 with a load of (tape) games last week for £24 including postage. Pretty impressed with that one... ;)

Again, another with a non-working disc drive but at least this one makes noises so there's a fair chance it's just the belt that needs replacing - I have one with completely dead drive and another with a drive that makes noises but changing the belt didn't fix it...

Gryzor

Quote from: Bryce on 09:21, 14 June 12
The pretty blue keys went for €145 :D Seems to be about the average for a 664 these days.

This is the normal price over the last several years, I think, 100-120 quid. This is a nice example, with a lovely monitor to boot.

MacDeath

QuoteThe pretty blue keys
not blue : Cyan !!!!

but still pretty and cool.  8)
I must admit...

QuoteAgain, another with a non-working disc drive
You meant "a completely destroyed by time drive belt"... this is 90% cases at worse.

Fact is, those 3" disk drives were quite robust except for the belt.
(consumable part anyway)
The disks on the other hand, often don't like having been kept 20years in a cave.

Bryce

I only recognise the three basic colours R, G an B, everything else is just a mix of them :)

I'll accept that others use the entire rainbow, but only women believe that every fruit, wine and whatever is a colour! (ie: Peach, Olive, Burgandy, Hazel and other non-existant colours) :D

Bryce.

TotO

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Bryce

Excellent diagram! Explains my opinion perfectly :)

Bryce.

ralferoo

Also required reading on this subject: Color Survey Results | xkcd