News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

MacDeath

QuoteI'll accept that others use the entire rainbow, but only women believe that every fruit, wine and whatever is a colour! (ie: Peach, Olive, Burgandy, Hazel and other non-existant colours)
oh yes, those freaking Fuchsia, how do they work ?

seriously only a girl would say her dress is Fuchsia... a man would say it is sexy or not.

you know, one day someone told them that Orange was the colour and the fruit... and as they have less imagination they used this as a rule.

Carnivius

Quote from: TotO on 15:06, 14 June 12
TRUE !

I dunno if I'd agree with ALL of that.  I get mighty annoyed when people refer the magenta usage in my graphics as PINK.  It's...not...frickin'...pink...
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

beaker

Quote from: Carnivac on 16:25, 15 June 12
I dunno if I'd agree with ALL of that.  I get mighty annoyed when people refer the magenta usage in my graphics as PINK.  It's...not...frickin'...pink...

Forgive me for my ignorance, I'd also say carnation through to salmon were just different shades of pink...  :-[    ;D

ralferoo

Quote from: MacDeath on 15:39, 15 June 12
you know, one day someone told them that Orange was the colour and the fruit...
Heh, that reminds me... my neices grew up in Hong Kong and they were always confused by "orange" as all the oranges they saw were green.

MacDeath

boards of canada - roygbiv

I jsut recently learned the meaning of this song, thx to this topic... (and a few surf on the web)

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Indigo
violet.

brrrrillliant.

anyway the CPC palette is perfect as it is a simplfied yet complete RGB cube.

TFM

When I think about the multicolor pictures done by Markus in MODE 1 (CYM dithering) then I think ... three colors are enough  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TotO

ALL computers pictures use 3 colors... RED, GREEN, BLUE... Just to go away to look better. :D
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TFM

My GT65 just uses Green - that's all it needs 8)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TotO

Better to get Gray... Stupid history idea to use green only. XD
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Bryce

My first PC had an Amber (Orange for men :D ) CGA screen. For some reason it was always my favourite. I still think it's quite cool to work on one. There's something very retro about it :)

Bryce.

TotO

Quote from: Bryce on 22:41, 16 June 12
My first PC had an Amber (Orange for men  ) CGA screen.
Thank you for the translation. :D
Yes, better than green screens... I already got one with an ISA "Hercule" card.
Nice for doing debug on a second screen, while the program is running...

Gryzor

@Bryce: so when your wife asks you, "what colour should my next car be?", you will tell her, "128,156,212"? :D Also, there's a really fantastic terminal program for the Mac that has all sorts of old-school fx. Can't remember the name, and I know you don't use a Mac, but I really wish someone ported it to the Windows/Linux platforms...

Ok, back on topic: Amstrad Mega PC 386 SX 25 Sega Megadrive Genesis and PC in one | eBay Another of those lovely Megadrive/286 combos.

MaV

Quote from: Bryce on 22:41, 16 June 12
My first PC had an Amber (Orange for men :D ) CGA screen.
Orange is just washed out red, so Amber qualifies as red. Everything red in the laundry sooner or later ends up "orange-y" if the laundry is left to men. But it still is red to me. :P

And if you follow that line of thinking to the end: pink is just a form of white if you forgot to sort out the white laundry from the red shirts. :D
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:20, 17 June 12
@Bryce: so when your wife asks you, "what colour should my next car be?", you will tell her, "128,156,212"? :D

Of course not! I recommended #6A6B6B but in the end she went for #2F4F4F. :)

Bryce.

Gryzor

Quote from: Bryce on 08:38, 18 June 12
Of course not! I recommended #6A6B6B but in the end she went for #2F4F4F. :)

Bryce.

Oof! Both boring!

MacDeath

oh yeah those orange CGA monitors... we had those at school.

QuoteOrange is just washed out red
washed with Lemons then...(I mean yellow for men)...

see CPC palette, lighter Red is Pink (or pastel Red).

QuoteAmstrad Mega PC 386 SX 25 Sega Megadrive Genesis and PC in one | eBay
QuoteAnother of those lovely Megadrive/286 combos.
Quote286

hahaha... you meant "3"86...

if you look at the picture, you can also see some nice "white and Amstrad" branded Megadrive Joypad and...
OMG : is  this a GX4000/PLUS compatible analog joystick ???

TotO

Nice item, but nothing more than a Megadrive and an PC in the same case.
Amstrad may have better to sell White MD clone as "GX500" instead. :D

TFM

Quote from: TotO on 20:42, 16 June 12
Better to get Gray... Stupid history idea to use green only. XD
I would have been perfectly fine with Blue too.
However, that was a question of physics - not of choice ;-)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:20, 17 June 12
Ok, back on topic: Amstrad Mega PC 386 SX 25 Sega Megadrive Genesis and PC in one | eBay Another of those lovely Megadrive/286 combos.
You see the analogue joystick in the middle of the picture? I got the same, it does perfectly run with the CPC Plus.
TFM of FutureSoft

TotO

Quote from: TFM/FS on 20:12, 19 June 12I would have been perfectly fine with Blue too.
However, that was a question of physics - not of choice ;-)
Sure! :p

Badstarr

I remember when the MegaPC came out, Amstrad and SEGA in one machine! By association it gave my CPC more credibility in the eyes of my Amiga owning friends! I wanted one badly at the time but in hindsight they were pretty underpowered machines.
Proud owner of 464 GTM64 6128 GTM65, GX4128 and a 464/6128 Plus Hybrid a 20 year long ambition realised! :-)

TotO

Amstrad have been better to out a 16-bit computer using the Megadrive architecture instead of this hybrid computer or the CPC Plus... (with 3"1/2 drive and more memory, sure)

Gryzor

Quote from: TotO on 14:13, 20 June 12
Amstrad have been better to out a 16-bit computer using the Megadrive architecture instead of this hybrid computer or the CPC Plus... (with 3"1/2 drive and more memory, sure)
Surely, not another "what Amstrad should have done" thread? :D

TotO

No need, nothing to said more about. :D

Bryce

Quote from: Bryce on 13:55, 13 June 12
Ok, just for the hell of it I bought the Fire & Forget cartridge from him. I'll let you know how real it is when it gets here.

Bryce.

The Cartridge arrived at the weekend. It's real.

Bryce.