News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

beaker

Quick!!! Buy this you lucky English people as he won't post abroad..... It's very, very rare!!!  :laugh:
**** AMSTRAD GX4000 CONSOLE (Boxed Very Very Rare With Burnin Rubber Game) ****

TFM

At least so rare that nobody put a bid on it up to now. Well, I got one of them too. Even a boxed 6128, wait even two of them... :laugh:
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

steve

Quote from: beaker on 18:28, 22 July 12
Quick!!! Buy this you lucky English people as he won't post abroad..... It's very, very rare!!!  :laugh:
**** AMSTRAD GX4000 CONSOLE (Boxed Very Very Rare With Burnin Rubber Game) ****

As there is a "rare" gx4000 with a BIN price of  £199.95 on ebay at the moment, I expect that "very, very rare" gx4000 to sell for at least £800 :laugh: , but I sympathise with the seller who did not put even one "rare" in the title of his gx4000 and saw it sell this morning for just £12.50 :( .

Terje_Norway

Quote from: steve on 21:41, 22 July 12
As there is a "rare" gx4000 with a BIN price of  £199.95 on ebay at the moment, I expect that "very, very rare" gx4000 to sell for at least £800 :laugh: , but I sympathise with the seller who did not put even one "rare" in the title of his gx4000 and saw it sell this morning for just £12.50 :( .
Hi,

Well, that seller didn't get much for his GX4000 ! ! !
  Amstrad GX4000 White Console (PAL) | eBay

BUT, I have spotted another boxed GX4000 that ended earlier today. ;)
  It was sold for the hilarious amount of 3.20 GBP  :o
  You can see the details for Your self : Amstrad GX4000 Grey Console (PAL) | eBay

Yours

Terje Grind
NORWAY

TFM

On German .DE ebay you get the GX4000D now for cheap:

Akai GX-4000D Schwarz RARE FARBE! | eBay
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

endangermice

Hehe looks like the 1950s version!
For all the latest Starquake remake news check out my website - www.endangermice.co.uk

Gryzor

Still, the low prices they go for are pretty good deals for boxed units!

Bryce

Spectrum collectors might be interested in this. Considering its rarity and completeness, the "Buy now" price is pretty resonable:
Sinclair ZX Spectrum Plus, Interface 1, Microdrive, Alphacom Printer - PBS RARE!

Buying all these bits seperately would cost more and you still wouldn't have the "Stylish" Briefcase.

Bryce.

beaker

Sadly the speccy does not work - it shows random characters on the screen. However, you can easily
pickup a working spectrum plus for next to nothing and repair it easily. The rest therefore is untested.
I wonder how much it would cost to fix?

Bryce

Well you could swap it out for a working one (it's a standard Spectrum+ under the plastic cover), but repair probably wouldn't be very expensive either, probably a RAM or logic error.

Bryce.

endangermice

I think that would be an excellent machine to repair - as Bryce says it sounds like the problem is minor, since it seems to be almost working and you'd get yourself an excellent example of the 80s Filofax era!
For all the latest Starquake remake news check out my website - www.endangermice.co.uk

TFM

99 Pfund für den Drecksdrumm, äh Speckdrumm, naja, also das Geld leg ich lieber in was sinnvolles an  :P  Kekse z.B.  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

Quote from: TFM/FS on 04:01, 27 July 12
99 Pfund für den Drecksdrumm, äh Speckdrumm, naja, also das Geld leg ich lieber in was sinnvolles an  :P  Kekse z.B.  ;)

Translation: 99 quid for a Dirt-drum, eh Fat-drum, well, I'd rather invest the money on something more sensible. e.g. Biscuits.

(Reminder: You are in the English part of the Forum here TFM :) )

Even if you don't appreciate Spectrums, you have to admit, that it's a fine piece of Z80 nostalgia.

Bryce.

MaV

Quote from: Bryce on 09:37, 27 July 12
Translation: 99 quid for a Dirt-drum, eh Fat-drum, well, I'd rather invest the money on something more sensible. e.g. Biscuits.
TFM's use of -drumm is a dialectal variant of the standard German word "Trumm" (piece, thing) which is not in use anymore today. The plural "Trümmer" however is used, and means pieces in the sense of debris or rubble.
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

Bryce

I know, I just couldn't be bothered going to all the effort of translating and explaining extinct dialects, that still wouldn't make sense to non-German speakers :D

Bryce.

TFM

Time to learn our wonderful Bavarian high-level language folks. After I learnt English and French and Spanisch, I'm not asking for much. So... happy learning weekend!  8)

Speckdrumm is the way Spectrum is pronounced, but Drecksdrumm means "thing of lesser value than a CPC".

Well, I don't dislike the Spectrum, it's ok, but CPCs are better IMHO. And both are worlds higher than the c64 and it's distorted brothers *hehe*
TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

ZX Spectrum - 1982
Commodore 64 - 1982
CPC464 - 1984

It's obvious that Amstrad would have learnt from the others, if they didn't, they were fools. They had two years to see what worked well and what didn't for the others.

Both the other two played a major part in shaping the CPC and making it the great machine it is. For that reason, they are just as important for me and are also proud members of my collection :) (Along with my treasured XL/XE machines and a few others)

Bryce.

TFM

Well, I don't want to sound smart-ass like, but I saw once a case of a 464, and that had 1983 as date. So in fact they produced 464 already in 1983. However, they made someting out of that year  :laugh:
TFM of FutureSoft

dragon

The cpc was designed an made in  a very very low time.

It begin in January 83(6502 cpu).And in August the new team(Roland perry) is contracted

10 August, roland perry shows the early protoype 6502 to locomotive software.

17 Agust,The design of the cpc know begin with the rom map,and later firmware and gate array.

23 January,the final prototype es send to orion factory to produce in mass.

21 june 84 is sell to public.

But,Amstrad designing the case an cassette in the 6502 time.So probably,They made the case early the electronic was made.Becasue of this, the case made in 1983 can exist.Probably the gate array cause the retrase.Because ferranti fail,and they need search a japanese manufacturer.

When the manufacturer send the gate array,they made the cpc with the early case made,and new electronics made later.

*teory*

Gryzor

Dragon, thanks for the summation. Also TFM is right, it's not like Sugar woke up one fine morning in '84 and ordered Santa to bring him a 464. So the lead time in terms of learning from the market was much narrower. Not to say that they wouldn't have used the interim to fine-tune, but still.

That said, Bryce, indeed it'd make sense to put out something good, but let's not forget there were quite a few others who utterly failed even though they had ample time to check out the market :D (this doesn't say or change anything of course, just a remark).

Oh, and that auction item is really lovely!!

Bryce

That's assuming that Amstrad only got to see the Commodore 64 when we did. I'm pretty sure they knew a lot more about it and other contenders (especially Spectrum) well before they hit the high street.

Bryce.

Gryzor

You mean a newcomer with no experience in micros whatsoever had spies in Apple's Commodore's factory? Even if they did this would give them no real insight to the market.

Bryce

Not exactly spies, just employees that were jumping from one company to the other, common suppliers / manufacturers etc. Nothing is ever a secret in the electronics industry. Why did Amstrad integrate the tapedeck into the CPC when every one else had it seperate?

Bryce.

Gryzor

Bryce

I assume that they got some sort of feedback that the tape connections were causing the most issues / customer inquiries on other machines. I can't think of any other reason to do it.

Bryce.