News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryce

Essentially the same thing.

Bryce.

00WReX

Amstrad/Schneider CPC 6128 INICRON ROM-RAM-Box for CPC 6128

Schneider CPC 6128, CPC6128; ROM-RAM-Box, Amstrad | eBay

[attachimg=1]

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Bryce

Quote from: 00WReX on 10:54, 16 November 12

Amstrad/Schneider CPC 6128 INICRON ROM-RAM-Box for CPC 6128

Schneider CPC 6128, CPC6128; ROM-RAM-Box, Amstrad | eBay

[attachimg=1]

Cheers,
Shane

For those who aren't up to speed on their German Language skills: The guy is only selling the empty PCB seen below, NOT a finished device!

Bryce.

00WReX

ooh, I normally translate these...but did not this time, always the way.

Oh well, here's an Amstrad CPC 472 that I'm pretty sure is pre built  :D

http://www.ebay.es/itm/Ordenador-AMSTRAD-CPC-472-completo-funcionando-y-juegos-/251182606336?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_186&hash=item3a7ba66800

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Bryce

Oh, I always wanted to get my hands on one of those, just to see exactly how the extra 8K were connected.

Bryce.

arnoldemu

Quote from: Bryce on 11:23, 16 November 12
Oh, I always wanted to get my hands on one of those, just to see exactly how the extra 8K were connected.

Bryce.
I thought this was covered in a Spanish forum. They desoldered it and showed that the tracks don't quite get to the pads on the ram,
but another take on it would be interesting.

Personally I could not see how the 8k could be accessed given the limit connections available at the rom slot....
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Bryce

Yes, I read the stuff on the Spanish Forums. My plan was to come up with a simple mod that would make the 8K usable (probably requiring a few links to other parts of the main PCB).

Bryce.

robcfg

Quote from: Bryce on 11:23, 16 November 12

Bryce.

You can take a look here Mainboard Versions - CPCWiki.

Basically the took off the rom chip and put it in a separate pcb, with a couple of chips more that are not connected anywhere. If you take a closer look at the picture, you'll see that the ribbons have the number of cables for each pin of the rom chip, no extra juice there  ;D

Bryce

The ROM signals are most of what you would need. All 8 Data lines, 5V, GND and some of the Address lines, so it should be possible to get the RAM working with just a few extra wires, but the RAM would be mapped somewhere strange, definitely not DKtronics compatible or anything like that.

Bryce.

00WReX

Amstrad CPC6128 on ebay Australia.

Very yellowed keyboard...

Amstrad 128K | eBay

It's an early model & the screenshot clearly shows the Awa distributor code on startup.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Gryzor

That Awa screenshot is strangely moving; a lone relic...

Ok, something great: HITCHHIKERS GUIDE TO THE GALAXY . INFOCOM . 1984 . AMSTRAD . COMPLETE | eBay . Unfortunately seller only ships to the UK.

beaker

Quote from: Gryzor on 11:54, 19 November 12
Ok, something great: HITCHHIKERS GUIDE TO THE GALAXY . INFOCOM . 1984 . AMSTRAD . COMPLETE | eBay . Unfortunately seller only ships to the UK.

Nice, I am over in Southampton in a few weeks for indoctrination into the new company after the latest takeover....  :D

ralferoo

Quote from: 00WReX on 11:14, 17 November 12
Very yellowed keyboard...
Suspiciously he claims the keyboard works perfectly and then misses out the first few keys on each line as if they don't in fact work...

Bryce

Well spotted!

Bryce.

beaker

Nice little collection with the AMX mouse and multiface II even if the 6128 possibly doesn't work... Shame it's collection only.

Amstrad CPC 6128 with lots of games and accessories. Working condition unknown |

Gryzor

Quote from: ralferooQuote from: 00WReX on 17 November 2012, 12:14:56Very yellowed keyboard...Suspiciously he claims the keyboard works perfectly and then misses out the first few keys on each line as if they don't in fact work...
Sneakyyyyy!

Bryce

archcosmo

here's a Multiface Two up for auction

cheers

00WReX

Quote from: archcosmo on 10:42, 05 December 12
here's a Multiface Two up for auction

cheers

Thanks for the heads up...I think I may bid on this.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Gryzor

Quote from: 00WReXQuote from: archcosmo on Today at 11:42:24here's a Multiface Two up for auction

cheers

Thanks for the heads up...I think I may bid on this.

Cheers,
Shane
You beat me to it by seconds... 

I wanted to find another one; last time I tried the one I have there was some problem, though maybe I should open it up first and check it's whole inside. It's not like they go for cheap...

Just had an idea, would there be any point or interest in creating a price guide?

T

Bryce

We could track prices, but a price guide is very difficult. I've seen MultiFace II go for anything from €30 to €70.

I have two of them (both working), one for the Speccy and one for the CPC :)

Bryce.

ralferoo

LOL @ Amstrad 128k colour personal computer Amstrad CPC6128 | eBay - "I have not seen one of these on ebay ever!!! so dont missout it could be your only chance to own one!!!!"

There's at least a couple of 6128s every month, usually many more, so this guy hadn't been looking very hard!