News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Hahaha! Best description in a long time :D :D Seriously, I wish eBay allowed for comments in auctions...

Btw, Bryce, I missed your last reply. Yes, a price guide is very difficult. But you provided the answer yourself - even something like "Between 30 and 70" and "last seen going for..." would be helpful.

Gryzor

Obviously not designed for their computer range, but still, nice to have an Amstrad tape recorder if you use one with your 6128...

AMSTRAD DATA RECORDER CTR6100 WORKING | eBay

Gryzor

archcosmo

here's another Multiface Two that's up for auction  ;)

db6128

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:08, 14 December 12Obviously not designed for their computer range, but still, nice to have an Amstrad tape recorder if you use one with your 6128...

AMSTRAD DATA RECORDER CTR6100 WORKING | eBay
Ooh! But I missed it. It didn't sell, though. I'll be very tempted if it appears again. :D

If these weren't for the CPC, where else did Amstrad use data recorders?
Quote from: Devilmarkus on 13:04, 27 February 12
Quote from: ukmarkh on 11:38, 27 February 12[The owner of one of the few existing cartridges of Chase HQ 2] mentioned to me that unless someone could find a way to guarantee the code wouldn't be duplicated to anyone else, he wouldn't be interested.
Did he also say things like "My treasureeeeee" and is he a little grey guy?

Bryce

Amstrad produced quite a bit of HiFi, radios and other audio hardware, so this tapedeck isn't specifically for a computer, it's just a standard music tapedeck.

Bryce.

mr_lou

Quote from: Bryce on 18:05, 15 December 12Amstrad produced quite a bit of HiFi, radios and other audio hardware, so this tapedeck isn't specifically for a computer, it's just a standard music tapedeck.

And you can often find them very cheap at the local recycle store.

db6128

Oh, whoops – I see now that it's only the subtitle that mentions data; I'm sure I remember looking at the picture and it also saying that, but it doesn't.
Quote from: ukmarkh on 11:38, 27 February 12[The owner of one of the few existing cartridges of Chase HQ 2] mentioned to me that unless someone could find a way to guarantee the code wouldn't be duplicated to anyone else, he wouldn't be interested.

Gryzor

Amstrad still marketed (not produced) mini hi-fis under its name until a few years back; my mother in law still has one.

Meanwhile, there's this I'm bidding on (hands off! :D):
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170959659368

How much would you say it's worth paying for it?

db6128

I don't know, but this one has the clock plus the radio tuner.
Amstrad CPC6128 computer plus many extras | eBay

I say 'the' as though I previously knew that either existed; I had no idea!

I was about to say that it's frustrating that all these are collect-in-person and too far away for me to get, but that's probably a good thing for my already precarious finances.

Gryzor

You mean clock&radio PLUS the TV tuner. But it's a different device anyway :)

Ynot.zer0

Quote from: db6128 on 18:32, 16 December 12
I say 'the' as though I previously knew that either existed; I had no idea!

Amstrad CT-1 Radio/Alarm Clock for CPC 6128/464 | eBay

just to tempt you... the TV tuner is no good now they've switched off analog, but the radio signal should be fine until about 2015-ish when I think they're thinking of doing the same to radio.

Ynot.zer0

LORDS OF MIDNIGHT BIG BOX FOR AMSTRAD CPC 464 / 664 / 6128 DISK DISC GAME | eBay

REALLY?!  ..... really?  £99 buy-it now and still has a P&P charge.  I've never heard of the game to know if it's *RARE*  :P

Gryzor

Quote from: Ynot.zer0Quote from: db6128 on Today at 19:32:28I say 'the' as though I previously knew that either existed; I had no idea!

Amstrad CT-1 Radio/Alarm Clock for CPC 6128/464 | eBay

just to tempt you... the TV tuner is no good now they've switched off analog, but the radio signal should be fine until about 2015-ish when I think they're thinking of doing the same to radio.
That's the one I linked to :D

db6128

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:37, 16 December 12You mean clock&radio PLUS the TV tuner. But it's a different device anyway :)
Ah yeah, oops! Heh, good old RF modulators... the Dark Ages before the acceptance of SCART. :D

Gryzor

Got to say, the clock/radio and the tv tuner are the only pieces I'm missing from my collection...

Btw, you can still use the tv tuner, just like all the TV sets lacking a digital receiver - by adding one :)

Ynot.zer0

Quote from: Gryzor on 19:17, 16 December 12
That's the one I linked to :D

;D  I didn't see your post.  okay, no-one bid on that one, ignore my post - nothing to see here, move along...

Gryzor

Hahaha no worries, I thought you were replying to my post. But I'm still wondering how much I should pay... also given that the poster has set a reserve price. 30 quid? 40?

Bryce

It took you two bids to get to 1 penny?? You really don't bid high. They usually go for about €10, but he has a reserve price on it, so who knows how high he's set it.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Yeah, I'm cheap like that :D

I haven't bid yet since he has set it to UK only (grrrrrr...), am talking to him though. Thanks for the price pointer!

buzby

Quote from: Gryzor on 19:27, 16 December 12
Got to say, the clock/radio and the tv tuner are the only pieces I'm missing from my collection...

Btw, you can still use the tv tuner, just like all the TV sets lacking a digital receiver - by adding one :)
thats how i use my mp3 now by adding a digital box now they have switched of the analogue signal in the uk

db6128

HxC-savvy folks:

Is this...
AMSTRAD / SPECTRUM +3 KIT:RIBBON CABLE AND PSU FOR 3,5" FLOPPY DRIVE OR HxC EMU
...as good as it claims to be? I thought that if I would want to use my (still hypothetical) HxC as drive A, aside from replacing the internal drive altogether, I would have to open the 6128 and do some surgery to the internal circuitry in order to make the switch – in other words, that A/B switching cannot be done by modifications only to the cable, but requires modding the hardware too. I doubt I will use the internal drive much if I do get an HxC, but I don't want to mess around with it if I don't have to.

Appreciate any confirmation either way.

buzby

hi

i have three of these cables two of the one in mention and on i have made myself and they work perfect as of yet, you can switch drives  a / b and also switch which side of the floppy you want to use on a 3.5 disc as you cant turn these over like you can a 3 inch disc  ( you probably know this already )

i have also seen others using these cables as well

hope this helps you

db6128

Sounds good, thanks! I just thought, based on quick reading about ABBA switches in the past, that they required internal modification. But if not, that's great.

If I did want to use a 3.5" drive, would I still need to mod in a Ready signal with these cables, or do they take care of that, too?

Cheers!

buzby

hi

regarding the ready signal and modding the 3.5 drive usually with this cable the answer is no, well i havent had to on any drives as of yet

to get a ready signal on a cable you short pins 33 and 34 this is done for you on this cable, if you look close at the cable looking at it front the bottom you will see a shiny pin by the switch. this is a link between pins 33 and 34

you can see exactly how it all work by looking at this tutorial on the wiki see http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Guide_on_how_to_connect_a_3.5

you could always have ago at making your own and also put the drive in a nice enclosure with the cable and instead of having just a wire linking the pins you could always have a switch and mount these in the enclosure

i think its all part of the fun when you are doing mods

cheers