News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

db6128

Great, thanks again!
I just realised now that the seller is the same person who started a thread for cables and other equipment not far below this one.
I'll definitely order one of these, even if I just use a 3.5" drive at first. I wonder whether I'll be able to resist the HxC! I think so, assuming 3.5" discs have decent enough lifetime left in them. Either way, it'll be very convenient; I don't know how good I'd be at soldering and so on. :D

Edit: Back on topic, eleven 3" discs, notably including the two system discs for one of the PCW?512 models, for anyone who might still be hunting either:
11x CF2 Floppy Disk Disc Bundle for Amstrad CPC PCW or Spectrum +3 computers. |
As for me, I think I'll just get one of those crazy 50-packs of 3.5" floppies, or something. I did realise that I'll need a USB floppy drive for my laptop. Shame I can't hack one of those 8 or something internal 3.5" drives to work and save the £8. : P
Quote from: Devilmarkus on 13:04, 27 February 12
Quote from: ukmarkh on 11:38, 27 February 12[The owner of one of the few existing cartridges of Chase HQ 2] mentioned to me that unless someone could find a way to guarantee the code wouldn't be duplicated to anyone else, he wouldn't be interested.
Did he also say things like "My treasureeeeee" and is he a little grey guy?

Gryzor

Yup, the seller is a member here and very responsive, I'm sure he'll give you any info you want if you nudge him :)

db6128

As well as the usual handful of 464s and assorted monitors (CTMs all part of bundles), there's a PCW9256 if anyone's into that sort of thing:
AMSTRAD PCW 9256 COMPLETE UNIT MONITOR PRINTER KEYBOARD DISKS & DUST COVERS |
Quote from: ukmarkh on 11:38, 27 February 12[The owner of one of the few existing cartridges of Chase HQ 2] mentioned to me that unless someone could find a way to guarantee the code wouldn't be duplicated to anyone else, he wouldn't be interested.

Ynot.zer0

have no idea why the word Amstrad got into this title?:*
1 x Hydrovitality Infusion Cream for the Amstrad Integra Face Care System | eBay

"possible protection from UV rays, from turning those 664 blue keys a dull colour?"  ;D

*oh, I see.... it related to an Amstrad product..... he had fingers in every pie, didn't he!

arnoldemu

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Gryzor

arnoldemu

My games. My Games

Gryzor

"please view picture carefully", yes he posts the crappiest photo on eBay.

Anyone care sending me a nice Christmas present? :)

arnoldemu

My games. My Games

arnoldemu

Quote from: Gryzor on 19:30, 20 December 12
"please view picture carefully", yes he posts the crappiest photo on eBay.

Anyone care sending me a nice Christmas present? :)
You'd be lucky.

Could you buy it for me??? ;)

My games. My Games

TFM

Well, I would like to buy it. But that picture keeps me REALLY OFF! The monitor is short before falling down actually. If I would get it, then in broken pieces - no Thanks! (Good that I already have it's big brother).
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

ralferoo

Quote from: arnoldemu on 19:25, 20 December 12
2 games for AMSTRAD 6128 CPC plus computers ( Gryzor & Frogger ) | eBay
is this reportable?
Sadly, in my experience no. Even though the cartridges are clearly both fake, when I contacted ebay TWICE in the past about a CPC plus multicartridge they simply said that it's not their job to decide if something is infringing copyright or not. I replied pointing out exactly where in their terms and conditions they said they take copyright infringement seriously, explained that this cartridge was never released and hence was a bootleg, explained that the games were all from different publishers, that such bootlegs were devaluing genuine single-game cartridges this was a compilation of and hence loosing them commission, and they just emailed back saying that copyright claims can only be lodged by the copyright holder. Since the developers of all these games had been acquired multiple times, some gone out of business, and I still hadn't found anyone who I thought might actually care after an hour of searching I gave up. Additionally, as I'd flagged it up here, I know a couple of other people had reported the item too.

So, unfortunately, the sad lesson is that you can complain all you like. Ebay actively encourages the sale of bootlegged material as long as it gets a cut and will refuse to intervene in an obvious case of bootlegging unless the copyright owner happens to notice and catches it themselves.

db6128

Seems the seller did take them off sale, at least – due to either chickening out or not having realised before, depending on one's degree of cynicism. ;)

It's predictable that eBay wouldn't take this very seriously, though. They obviously get a lot of fake crap, so we can't expect them to notice everything, but you'd think they'd at least put on a show of caring in cases where people emailed them and they read it and bothered to reply; it seems counterproductive to their interests to basically admit that they aren't bothered.

Bryce

That French guy is always trying to flog bootleg cartridges. Ebay does take copyright seriously, but only when contacted by the holder of the rights, not by anyone else. Annoying, but I can understand why they do it that way.

Bryce.

dragon

at least the french guy send the cartridges.

But this: ataridreams-uk2 | eBay

well,simply is a is a scammer.

I lost about 65e in one plotting,and the two pistole games.He never send me the games,but he sold my games in ebay latter.I can`t vote,because ebay retired the announces,because other ebay member who buy other gx4000 games.dennounce the lists as pirate cartridges and ebay retired the annouces.

well he send plotting,but as defective.And I return the game.but the sipping take around 1 mounth to u.k.So i lost +5e in package

A,he  conned latter another buyer of gx4000 games,see the votes.A gx4000 never sended.

be careful.

I speak with the ebay member who dennounce the listing.He denounce in paypal the pirated cartridges.but paypal respond he need demostrated the cartridges are piracy.but he not know as do.(he recieved the cartridges,but home made).

beaker

I used this seller before (I'm thinking twice, the first time I think he went by jagwiz_1 as he sold similar items, GX4000 games, Rubic cubes eBay My World - jagwiz_1).

I actually got my items but the labels aren't great quality, they're squared off rather than rounded on the edges, look too narrow and the text is quite blurry... also the bottom right of my Pang cartridge is lose suggesting they broke one of the tabs when opening it. Also I emailed him after buying Pang and he asked me which games I was after and he would speak to his "supplier" which raised all sorts of alarm bells.

It would be nice to know where all the cartridges come from...

I must admit, it's put me off buying anymore GX4000 cartridges off ebay. Instead some nice chap on the forum has modified an old Burnin' Rubber cartridge so I can stick my own EPROMs in  :)

Below are images of my copies and here are links to what they should look like:
Pang (cartridge) - CPCWiki
Switchblade (cartridge) - CPCWiki

dragon

He have another nick.....

GX4000 ENFORCER GX 4000 RARE | eBay

I think he need varios nicks in prevision paypal and ebay ban he after no send the items.

Gryzor

Regarding whether they're reportable or not; the reply I had received a while ago by eBay said merely that they cannot ascertain whether they're fake/bootlegs or not. But this latest reply suggests more than that.

Well, if I may suggest, we could just spread the info any way we can when such items surface - twitter, facebook, stuff like that...

But this last auction for Enforcer has a lovely GX in the photo :)

dragon

I buy a pair gx4000 games here:

Are 100% originals. 100% safe.

Only type "amstrad" in the search box.

http://www.myciti.es/index.php?change_language=english

I only left seven games,the two pistol games,tintin,wild street,plotting,pinball,and the boxing game.

satchman2000

Hi folks

I listed a few things on ebay:

They sold a million (disc)
Scalextric (disc)
Durell Big 4 Vol 2 (disc)
TNT compilation (disc)
Hollywood Collection (disc)
Amsoft 3d Grand Prix (disc)
a bundle of Amsoft Games
and a few other bits.

jjd2003 | eBay

(if that link doesn't work, search for seller jjd2003.

cheers

Dave

radu14m

why don't you announce these items first here, and then if nobody wants them on ebay ?

satchman2000

Well, here's a couple of things I havent listed yet- get in touch if you fancy them before they go on ebay..

Konamis Arcade Hits (disc- complete) - Green Beret, Mikie, Ping Pong, Yie Ar Kung Fu and Hyper Sports
Batman (3d isometric one), disc - complete
Graphic Adventure Creator, disc, complete
Tasword and Tasprint, disc, complete

If anyone wants to make me an offer, feel free :)

cheers

Dave

TFM

Quote from: radu14m on 12:12, 29 December 12
why don't you announce these items first here, and then if nobody wants them on ebay ?
Because this thread is called "Re: Latest on ebay".

The thinks you want you will find under the topic "Latest on CPC-Wiki, later on ebay"
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

beaker

>:( well that drive didn't last long...
Some nice stuff there, is TFM paying for the free advertising on this listing? CPC: Dobbertin ROM-Box inkl. 5 ROMs | eBay  :laugh: