News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

I'm with @db6128 on this one; it's not a crazy price, and if you're new and just looking for a guaranteed nice, working CPC it's worth it, though of course you can find them for much cheaper!

TFM

Quote from: Ciana on 14:03, 02 February 13
This sold early in Janurary.
What else can be said, other than LOL?
Buyer seems genuine, they left a feedback!
VINTAGE AMSTRAD CPC 464 COMPUTER WITH CTM 640 MONITOR (VGC) | eBay

Just took a look at it. Uups!!! But thanks to your post I found this here, and it's interesting for Plus users (if someone needs a color monitor):
Amstrad CM14 Colour 14" Monitor for CPC 464 & 6128 Plus Computers | eBay
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

ralferoo

Quote from: TFM/FS on 19:42, 02 February 13
interesting for Plus users (if someone needs a color monitor)
Oh, glad someone's finally bid on it! I'm sure she's listed that monitor a couple of times and whilst I want one, going to Sheffield would just cost too much in fuel to make it worthwhile... :(

Gryzor

A fiver for it? Damn!

db6128

I don't think I've ever said this seriously before, but:

pwn3d

That's the kind of thing I'd have bought myself for that price, 'just in case'! But it's probably best that my hoarding instinct left it alone this time. ;)
Quote from: Devilmarkus on 13:04, 27 February 12
Quote from: ukmarkh on 11:38, 27 February 12[The owner of one of the few existing cartridges of Chase HQ 2] mentioned to me that unless someone could find a way to guarantee the code wouldn't be duplicated to anyone else, he wouldn't be interested.
Did he also say things like "My treasureeeeee" and is he a little grey guy?

Bryce

Year sure! It's not worth even 1/100th of what he's asking for. :D

Bryce.

TFM

Quote from: ralferoo on 17:28, 07 February 13
Group buy anyone? Over 30 Years of Videogames Collection The Story of Videogames | eBay  :o 8) :-X :'(
OMG! That's an incredible collection, but single items are already worth more than the starting bid. I guess he will get some more more more money out of this. On the other hand the customer need to have a truck to pick up all that stuff, that may scare people off from buying. But this offer is an extraordinary chance.

Edit: Missed a couple of the zeros at first, did read 550 not 550.000,00
Well you know.... The browser is to blame  :-X
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

robcfg

Nah, I'll pass. I have most of the stuff anyway...  :P  (just kidding. I'll be needing a moonbase to store that much things).

TFM

Yeah! And a martian base too ???
TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

Quote from: TFM/FS on 17:53, 07 February 13
OMG! That's an incredible collection, but single items are already worth more than the starting bid. I guess he will get some more more more money out of this. On the other hand the customer need to have a truck to pick up all that stuff, that may scare people off from buying. But this offer is an extraordinary chance.

Ok, I've gone through the pictures several times now and seem to be missing something. What single item is worth more than half a million dollars in your opinion?

Bryce.

MaV

Quote from: Bryce on 19:14, 07 February 13
Ok, I've gone through the pictures several times now and seem to be missing something. What single item is worth more than half a million dollars in your opinion?
Nothing. It's illusionary to sell all the stuff at once and at that price. He may get quite a few bucks if he is patient and  takes the time to sell each piece individually.

He does have a few juicy pieces like Shantae - one of the rarest of cartridges for the GBC -  which is going for ~150 bucks for the cartridge only, and he has it complete.
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

beaker

Spooge!!!! Just had a quick look and very nice collection. That boxed LT in perfect condition would easily be £1000+, Ninja Cop for the GBA is one of the rarer titles would sell for £100+ because of the limited release, probably same for Earthbound and Panzer Dragoon Saga (and he has 2 copies). Probably all starts adding up. I am going into a small room now to cry like a school girl as I compare my pathetic GBA collection to his :(

Anyone want it? £100,000 ovno  :laugh:

TFM

Never mind beaker, don't cry. You are a great person and money can't buy that  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

MaV

I've just read somewhere that the white Gamecube "Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles" edition was limited to 150, so that might fetch a good sum of money. As might the two Dreamcasts "Biohazard" edition.

And anyone who doubts that it may find a buyer, should remember this one here which has been sold apparently (?):
BIGGEST COLLECTION EVER? 22 SEGA / NINTENDO / PC ENGINE FULLSETS,FACTORY SEALED!

Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

Gryzor

Yeah, the way he went about selling it is just stupid. For something that in your eyes is worth at *least* half a mil you do a little campaign, you advertise it. And of course eBay is not the best way to do it - it's not like there's going to be a bidding war. I think if you already have a collection like this you know the other persons who would want it. But then again those would probably already have a good chunk of it, so they'd only buy it to sell the items piecemeal. However, in that case, you need lots of time to work through it and make your business case, so the timeframe of an auction is simply not enough.

Hopefully he'll donate the lot to the Wiki. I'm willing to rent a boat and sail all the way to Genoa, then do a few ups and downs myself if need be.

db6128

Quote from: Gryzor on 16:04, 08 February 13Hopefully he'll donate the lot to the Wiki.
That's the spirit! Keep the dream alive! ;)
Quote from: ukmarkh on 11:38, 27 February 12[The owner of one of the few existing cartridges of Chase HQ 2] mentioned to me that unless someone could find a way to guarantee the code wouldn't be duplicated to anyone else, he wouldn't be interested.

HAL6128

What's all about this:
Design your own Z80 microcomputer,20MHz,32k RAM, 64k EEROM, ZX Spectrum,Amstrad
Is it possible to rebuild a CPC with such a kit set? Rebuild (emulate) the Amstrad CPC specific CRTC?
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

ralferoo

Quote from: HAL 6128 on 09:34, 16 February 13
What's all about this:
Design your own Z80 microcomputer,20MHz,32k RAM, 64k EEROM, ZX Spectrum,Amstrad
Is it possible to rebuild a CPC with such a kit set? Rebuild (emulate) the Amstrad CPC specific CRTC?
Short answer: no

The kit is meant for people who want to build a Z80 computer from their own design. It wouldn't be much good for emulating an older system because the CPU isn't an exact Z80 clone - it's designed to run at 20MHz and some of the instructions have different timings to the original Z80, so even if you ran it at 4MHz, it'd still not run everything at exactly the right speeds. The CPU is only a small part of a system like the CPC, but if you're building a very simple computer e.g. CPU, RAM, ROM and serial port, it's almost everything you need.

That guy often also sells packs with more things - e.g. this auction includes a load of other chips including a VDP (like a CRTC and the video parts of the gate array in one chip) and serial: Design your own Z80 microcomputer,ideal for making a ZX Spectrum,MSX,Amstrad |

If you thinking of doing something like this, you'll need to learn how to make PCBs (you're probably actually fine with single sided homemade boards), how to do basic soldering and read up on the subject first. The Z80 datasheet (http://www.z80.info/zip/z80cpu_um.pdf) is the best source for understanding how to connect things together and what all the pins do.

db6128

The big collection of games and consoles that we were talking about has been removed from eBay. Shocking twist.

Seller's remorse, or might there have been truth in the suspicions of people I spoke to on another site who thought he might have been just showing off?

Gryzor

Go through all this trouble just to show off?

db6128

I also thought that was unlikely to be the reason, but a couple of people did suggest it, so I was just mentioning the possibility.

mr_lou

mr_lou

Should this really go for only 10 quid?

Some UK resident, bid 25 quid for me please.
Amstrad GX4000 Console - Boxed with Burning Rubber game cart | eBay