News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Siorah

hiya rob, I'll see who else is available, because i'm not sure my 6128 can read PCW format, and my PCW256 has dead drives (needs new belts) so yea, my pcw is pretty much out of commission for this task.

I got all 60 due to the fact there could be important software to archive for prosperity, and we didn't then have them split up. but as well as i need about 45 disks for school :)

Ivanzx

Hello everybody,

Although I am more of a ZX Spectrum fan, I usually post in WoS and other Spectrum forums, I have a rare spanish CPC game for sale in ebay, so maybe somebody would be interested :) 
The game is Stroper:
Stroper - Zigurat - Amstrad CPC - No Spectrum | eBay

Of course, dont hesitate to contact me for questions ;)

Thanks for watching!

arnoldemu

Welcome Ivanzx!

Thankyou for visiting. I hope you sell your game.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

ralferoo

@Ivanzx: You might want to try listing it in amibay too as that's often a different cross section of potential buyers...

Gryzor

Three NC200s for spares, they look in pristine condition, but seller only ships to the UK (dammit):
Job Lot of 3 x Amstrad Notebook NC200 Vintage Computers - Spares / Repair | eBay

Joss

Nothing special about this one but the colour of the diskette:

Amstrad PCW 8 x Joyce 3" Disk 720kB neu | eBay

I've seen them in blue, but rosa is total new for me  :D  .... little "shock" indeed ....

TFM

That label seems to be a prank (pink disc). It's a CF2D and not DD, so... no 720 KO (KB).
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

This is mildly interesting indeed :)

fergus944

Today I have listed three Amstrad books on Ebay

Child's Guide to the Amstrad Micro -
eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d�r

BASIC Programming on the AMSTRAD Computers  - 

Fifty Learning Programs for the Amstrad CPC 464/664/6128   -   

I am located in Sydney, Australia, but will post worldwide - ask me for a postage quote.

*** ALL THESE HAVE NOW BEEN SOLD ***

John Ferguson

Best wishes.

Gryzor

LEATHER GODDESSES OF PHOBOS for the PCW. Yours for the tiny sum of... £300! He-he-heh...

◄► LEATHER GODDESSES OF PHOBOS - INFOCOM 1986 - AMSTRAD PCW - COMPLETE

Bryce

Yeah, but he does guarantee that it's "untested, it should still work". :D

Bryce.

Gryzor

"Here's 300 quid in monopoly monies. Haven't tested them in a bank, but they should work".

Border_7

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:57, 21 April 13
"Here's 300 quid in monopoly monies. Haven't tested them in a bank, but they should work".

LOL - I've got some games on tape that I haven't used since 1991. You can have the lot for $250. Some of the magnetic tape has become powdery... but I'm sure they still work  ;D
01000001 01101101 01110011 01110100 01110010
01100001 01100100
01000011 01101111 01101101 01110000 01110101
01110100 01101001 01101110 01100111

AMSDOS

Quote from: Border_7 on 04:47, 22 April 13

LOL - I've got some games on tape that I haven't used since 1991. You can have the lot for $250. Some of the magnetic tape has become powdery... but I'm sure they still work  ;D

Anything serious or of programming interest?
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

00WReX

As someone who is interested by the different revisions of CPC (both internal & external differences) as well as the slight differences for the different markets (Spanish/French/German etc) I find this CPC 464 that has just come up on ebay Australia very interesting.

Amstrad CPC 464 Computer complete with original boxes | eBay

I have even contacted the owner to verify some things and he has been extremely helpful and is the original purchaser who purchased it from the usual retail outlet that was selling them in Australia at the time.

Straight up you will notice that it is the original tall key 464 with the brown keys as used on the original Schneider (German) version.
The case on top is marked with the usual (original) Amstrad badge and the cassette door has the usual colour markings not the Schneider one, even though the cassette record button is also the brown version. After contacting the seller he provided a few more photos. The sticker/badge on the bottom of the CPC is the Schneider version (so German text). On bootup the computer shows the "Awa" distributor message (so intended for the Australian market).
The seller has assured me this is exactly how he purchased this in Australia and it is untouched and never been opened up or things swapped etc.
The seller was not aware of the differences and just thought it was an everyday (normal) CPC.
I have never seen another one like it in all the years I have been looking at Amstrad CPC stuff.
The seller was even nice enough to scan me the DDI brochure (with the Awa-Thorn distributor details) and emailed them to me. I will upload them soon to the Awa section of the wiki.
Sounds to me like for a short period of time they ran out of some bits and used what they had. Still makes for an interesting CPC (well for me at least).
I would like to buy it but Brisbane is a very long way from where I am and the postage costs would be high.
Attached are the extra pictures the seller sent me.
[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]
[attachimg=3]

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Bryce

Interesting mix. It must be one of the very first ones. Does he know exactly when he bought it?

Bryce.

00WReX

He thinks around mid 85...looking at the serial number, I think the last part translates to the 5th month 1985.
This does tie in with the fact it also comes with a CTM-644 monitor and not the CTM-640. The 664 was out by that date.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

steve

Were the keys originally brown, or were they originally grey keys that have since yellowed with age?

00WReX

Quote from: steve on 12:18, 23 April 13
Were the keys originally brown, or were they originally grey keys that have since yellowed with age?
Definitely Brown. I have a early Schneider (tall key version) and the keyboard is exactly the same.
Only the later low key version 464 has the grey keys (I have one of those as well and the colour is quite different).

This can also be seen on the "Keyboard Versions" page of the wiki (although that does say grey next to the tall key version, that part of the description is wrong).

Keyboard Versions - CPCWiki

Below is a picture of my Schneider...and below that my grey key 464.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Gryzor

I don't think they yellow like that... same colour as the tape drive key, too.

PS ooh, your gray 464 is beautiful!

fergus944

I have listed another two items on Ebay

Colossus 4 Bridge for the Amstrad 6128

and the Tomahawk Flight Simulator

As I have said in my earlier post regarding three Amstrad books on Ebay, I live in Sydney Australia, and am happy to post worldwide - ask me for a quote
if you are interested.

Best Wishes

John Ferguson

*** ALL THESE HAVE NOW BEEN SOLD ***

John Ferguson

Bryce

Tomahawk was one of my favourite games back then. Unfortunately I recently discovered, that the LensLock only works on screens up to about 15in. My 19in screen is too big to use it, so I couldn't play the game :(

Bryce.

Devilmarkus

When the disk is one sided only:
Copy a cracked version on side B ;)
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 13:33, 23 April 13
Tomahawk was one of my favourite games back then. Unfortunately I recently discovered, that the LensLock only works on screens up to about 15in. My 19in screen is too big to use it, so I couldn't play the game :(

Bryce.

If you like Tomahawk, then you will love Gunship. Give it a try.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Border_7

Quote from: 00WReX on 08:28, 23 April 13
As someone who is interested by the different revisions of CPC (both internal & external differences) as well as the slight differences for the different markets (Spanish/French/German etc) I find this CPC 464 that has just come up on ebay Australia very interesting.

Amstrad CPC 464 Computer complete with original boxes | eBay

I have even contacted the owner to verify some things and he has been extremely helpful and is the original purchaser who purchased it from the usual retail outlet that was selling them in Australia at the time.

Straight up you will notice that it is the original tall key 464 with the brown keys as used on the original Schneider (German) version.
The case on top is marked with the usual (original) Amstrad badge and the cassette door has the usual colour markings not the Schneider one, even though the cassette record button is also the brown version. After contacting the seller he provided a few more photos. The sticker/badge on the bottom of the CPC is the Schneider version (so German text). On bootup the computer shows the "Awa" distributor message (so intended for the Australian market).
The seller has assured me this is exactly how he purchased this in Australia and it is untouched and never been opened up or things swapped etc.
The seller was not aware of the differences and just thought it was an everyday (normal) CPC.
I have never seen another one like it in all the years I have been looking at Amstrad CPC stuff.
The seller was even nice enough to scan me the DDI brochure (with the Awa-Thorn distributor details) and emailed them to me. I will upload them soon to the Awa section of the wiki.
Sounds to me like for a short period of time they ran out of some bits and used what they had. Still makes for an interesting CPC (well for me at least).
I would like to buy it but Brisbane is a very long way from where I am and the postage costs would be high.
Attached are the extra pictures the seller sent me.
[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]
[attachimg=3]

Cheers,
Shane

Wow that is an interesting 464 (rare hybrid?). Are you going to buy it???
01000001 01101101 01110011 01110100 01110010
01100001 01100100
01000011 01101111 01101101 01110000 01110101
01110100 01101001 01101110 01100111