News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

dcdrac

it was summer madness on my part hahahahah

Gryzor

Really love those machines, have fun with it :)

MaV

Crap! There goes our chance to finally have a complete version of "Frankie Crashed on Jupiter". :( I was hoping to win the auction but there's no way I'd pay 307 Euros for it (don't know of Quiwi's rarity and if it has been transferred to a dsk file).

CPC: Kingsoft: Quiwi mit 400 Fragen + Box Frankie Crashed on Jupiter | eBay

Note: The only version of "Frankie ..." I have found so far, does not feature the second side of the disk, so no graphics.

Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

robcfg

Don't be sad, I think CPCManiaco got that auction...

On the other hand, it seems that the auction includes the box of FCoJ, but not the actual game.

Let's see what happens when the games arrive.

MaV

Quote from: robcfg on 09:02, 12 July 13Don't be sad, I think CPCManiaco got that auction...
:)

On the other hand, it seems that the auction includes the box of FCoJ, but not the actual game.

Let's see what happens when the games arrive.
Ouch, you're right! It just says Box for FcoJ. :(

robcfg

Today is your lucky day!

I was talking to CPCManiaco and he already had a copy of FCoJ, and said that a full dump will be available at cpc-power once it comes online again.

;)

MaV

Quote from: robcfg on 11:37, 12 July 13
Today is your lucky day!

I was talking to CPCManiaco and he already had a copy of FCoJ, and said that a full dump will be available at cpc-power once it comes online again.

;)
YAY!!! :D

Gryzor

Oooh another game! Woo-hoo!

steve

That other 6128+ is now at £92 so maybe they are worth more than I realised 8) .

Gryzor

They usually go for GBP100-120 I'd say...

TFM

307 Euros for one game and an empty box? I really don't know how this guy get's his crap sold for that much. Is that a fake auction?
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

fergus944

I have just listed on Ebay two books: AMSTRAD Advanced Users Guide by Daniel Martin, and The Ins and Outs of the AMSTRAD by Don Thomasson.
Starting price is $8 plus post for them both.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290945371493

Thanks

John Ferguson, Sydney Australia.

** Note - these two books have now been sold **

John Ferguson

Gryzor

Well, I'm in the market for a mint-looking 6128, but this went quite high:

AMSTRAD CPC 6128 - Working & Refurbished | eBay

Amtix

I should know...my bid of £55.00 for that exact listing was easy torpedo'd out of the water!

Nich

Quote from: robcfg on 11:37, 12 July 13
I managed to grab CPCManiaco's dump of Frankie Crashed on Jupiter shortly before CPC-POWER went down as I was aware that only side 1 of the disc was available on the Internet. I recently uploaded a deprotected version of the game to NVG:

ftp://ftp.nvg.ntnu.no/pub/cpc/games/adventur/text/frankcra.zip

What I don't quite understand is why a German company would release a fully English-language text adventure for a German market?! ???

TFM

Quote from: Nich on 14:11, 16 July 13
What I don't quite understand is why a German company would release a fully English-language text adventure for a German market?! ???
Because we Germans think in an global scale. The usage of English language is common to us. Most of us speak two, three or more languages. [nb]While Americans obviously speak only one language, and this is questionable ;-)[/nb] Further there is no Need to insist in small nationalistic thoughts and bothering the rest of the world by using a non-world-language.

Or maybe they just did a single English version for all Countries to save Money, that was actually quite common back the day.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Bryce

Or because they wanted to make the most money and the majority of Amstrad users were in the UK? Much more likely.

Bryce.

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 20:28, 16 July 13
Or because they wanted to make the most money and the majority of Amstrad users were in the UK? Much more likely.

Bryce.
Quote from: TFM/FS on 19:45, 16 July 13
Or maybe they just did a single English version for all Countries to save Money, that was actually quite common back the day.
TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

A text adventure with two sides? How much text is there? Obviously no compression to speak of?

Gryzor

Hahaha!

"Currently carring (sic):
An Amstrad presentation tape
An arcade quality joystick"

I wonder where this is going...

Nich

Quote from: Gryzor on 17:27, 17 July 13
A text adventure with two sides? How much text is there? Obviously no compression to speak of?
Side 2 of Frankie Crashed on Jupiter contains all the pictures that accompany the text.

Gryzor

Huh. But how do you use them?

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

Looks a bit battered in the left corner :(

Bryce.