News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryce

If TFM bid 5 pounds on it and you bid too, why is only one bid showing?

Bryce.

TFM

That's easy to explain: In Denmark electricity is very expansive. so they slow down the electrons in the cables to save money. That means if you press "Bid" then it takes them 7 hours until the bit arrives  :laugh:
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

mr_lou

Quote from: Bryce on 20:56, 04 October 13If TFM bid 5 pounds on it and you bid too, why is only one bid showing?

Officially I'm still waiting for sellers reply about being willing to ship to Denmark.

Unofficially, TFM's explanation is totally valid, because I'm a rebel so I have of course bid without waiting for sellers reply on this question.

mr_lou

Quote from: TFM on 18:25, 04 October 13Did already put 5 Pound on it, but at the end it will a more anyway. So good luck!

Um.....  don't you live in Germany?
So what if you win, and seller won't ship to Germany?

TFM

Rebels don't care about that  ;) [nb]Well live in usa, but shipping goes to Germany.[/nb]
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

00WReX

CPC 464 + Green Screen + DDI-1 in Canberra, Australia.
[attach=2]
Amstrad CPC 64 Vintage Computer Games Software Manuals P UP Fraser ACT in South

CPC 464 + Green Screen in Victoria, Australia.
[attach=3]
Vintage Amstrad CPC 464 Computer | eBay

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Bryce

Both look like they are in pretty good physical condition too :)

Bryce.

TFM

Quote from: mr_lou on 18:24, 04 October 13
This is nice indeed. I'm gonna bid on it.

Did you get the joystick, or was it somebody else?

If yes, could you do a simple test for me?

TFM of FutureSoft

mr_lou

Quote from: TFM on 19:05, 08 October 13Did you get the joystick, or was it somebody else?

If yes, could you do a simple test for me?

Yea I got it, but seller isn't returning to me about price for shipment.

TFM

Then GOOD LUCK with that. Can't be too much.

Could you try to check out if this joystick works on a Plus machine with the Plus Version of FutureOS?? I only had one chance to test it with real hardware ever (with a different joystick). Your help really would be appreciated. :)
TFM of FutureSoft

mr_lou

Quote from: TFM on 19:14, 08 October 13
Could you try to check out if this joystick works on a Plus machine with the Plus Version of FutureOS?? I only had one chance to test it with real hardware ever (with a different joystick). Your help really would be appreciated. :)

No promises.
I've thought about checking out FutureOS, but it's not exactly high on my priority list.

Bryce

Quote from: TFM on 19:14, 08 October 13
Then GOOD LUCK with that. Can't be too much.

It's easy to convert an old PC analogue joystick (which you can easily and cheaply get on ebay) to CPC analogue. Then you can test FutureOS all you want. I can make you one if you want.

Bryce.

TFM

Good idea. And if you can make one, please test with your 6128 Plus, because I can't access my Plus before May 2014  :(
TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

[Rant_Mode]
ebay rant: So the people at ebay took a look at their sorting system and decided it was still too easy to find things, so that had to be changed!
Now, when for example you are in Classic Computers or whatever and click on the list of brands, they're no longer alphabetically sorted, oh no, that would be too easy, the twats have gone a changed it to being sorted by how many items of that brand are on offer! Who the hell searches by amount of offers?? If I'm looking for an Amstrad, I'm hardly going to pick a Commodore just because there's more of them!! So finding a brand to click on, means going through the list entire list instead just scanning quickly down to brand.

Have these guys no idea how people buy stuff? Don't they use ebay? I'm sure this isn't just a problem for Classic Computers, buying almost anything I would look for a certain brand rather than how many are on offer?

[/Rant_Mode]

Bryce.

TFM

Don't forget that 90% of the humans out there are already zombies, they just buy.
TFM of FutureSoft

beaker

Quote from: TFM on 17:04, 10 October 13
Don't forget that 90% of the humans out there are already zombies, they just buy.

I take exception to that statement  >:(

I just bought 2x Acorn Electrons and a Plus 1 on Amibay. I didn't need them, and I definitely don't need 2 but I don't have any so I bought them anyway. At lunchtime I had to take my old father to the Doctors and while I was waiting I went to the charity shop in town and bought Tekken 5 for €2. Not sure when I'll play it as I have over 500 titles I still have to play not including ROM images.... I prefer to think of myself as a hoarder  :P

The really sad thing was Bryce had seen me declare interest in the Acorn Electrons and was waiting for an email from me looking to see what else I could buy for them  :laugh:

Gryzor

eBay every now and then breaks things that used to work just fine - how advanced searches are done and saved, RSS feeds, now this... I guess their usability testers are untrained monkeys.

Regarding the analogue joystick, there's no 'wrong' and 'right' side for the buttons. One can handle a joystick+buttons regardless of their relative position, like arcade cabs prove. It's just a matter of personal preference - and what you're used to. It's like footballers - being left-handed doesn't mean you have to be left-footed, too.

Bryce

The Electron is so striped down, that it's almost impossible to use without expansions. It doesn't even have joysticks without a huge expansion. So buying extra stuff for it tends to be a must. But it's a great machine when you have it expanded. It's one of my favourites.

Bryce.

00WReX

Hey beaker, I have basically exactly the same as what you are getting 2x Acorn Electrons (an Issue2 and an Issue6 mainboard) and a Plus 1 expansion. One of the Electrons was from when a few of the guys on the forum did a group buy and had a heap of bits & pieces.
I pretty sure it was Bryce that convinced me...nothing to do with reckless buying or anything  :D
I've probably had mine a year to 18 months max. and prior to that had not even seen an Electron in the flesh.
Have not done much with them. They both work great, and I have loaded the odd game from a .wav file on my laptop through the tape port. I also purchased a ROM cartridge from the UK to test the Plus 1 but I think it has an issue as it has never worked correctly (the ROM).

Anyway, have fun with it...if you ever get around to unboxing it  ;D

Hopefully Bryce can make some fancy addon for it  ;)

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

beaker

Thanks Shane, I recently bought a BBC Master from that same group buy and fitted it with a TurboMMC which is great  :D

Quote from: Bryce on 23:18, 10 October 13
The Electron is so striped down, that it's almost impossible to use without expansions. It doesn't even have joysticks without a huge expansion. So buying extra stuff for it tends to be a must. But it's a great machine when you have it expanded. It's one of my favourites.

Bryce.

Yeah, after a couple of years the Acorn Electron definitely felt deficient compared to my mates Amstrad CPC 464's. I was a little (very) pissed when my parents gave it away to our neighbours though... it was my first computer  :'( The firstbyte joystick adapter wasn't too large but needed a cassette to patch the software to be able to use it although it allowed you to use digital joysticks which was useful. It'll be great to own one again  :D I actually prefer the Repton interface on the Elk compared to the BBC Micro where I have no idea how much time I have remaining...

Gryzor

I was reading the history of the Electron a while ago on The Register; seriously, what were they thinking?

dcdrac

They saw the market the Spectrum was generating and tried to cash in on it and cocked up

beaker

Symbiface II going in Germany. Fairly nice case for it.

Symbiface II für Schneider/Amstrad CPC 6128 Komplettpaket | eBay

mr_lou

Anyone in UK living close to Gosport?

Amstrad 6128 Plus - Home Computer | eBay

TFM

Quote from: beaker on 10:53, 13 October 13
Symbiface II going in Germany. Fairly nice case for it.

Symbiface II für Schneider/Amstrad CPC 6128 Komplettpaket | eBay

250 Euros and 6 days to go.....  :laugh:  Good luck!

TFM of FutureSoft