News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

CanonMan

Those Arnor ROMs are definitely not originals!

They used to come with proper printer manuals in black plastic cases with paper covers, like some of the more expensive games did. I've got some originals up in the loft :)

Bryce

Definitely copies. You can easily make these yourself for a few Euros.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Yes, I know. But if you don't have a burner these may come in handy, hence my posting.

Munchausen

Quote from: Bryce on 18:58, 08 November 13
Well they weren't all blue to start with. My 664 is a complete grey keyboard version and there was a beige/brown version too.

Bryce.

Who said anything about blue?! I've seen faded keys on all 664 varieties. My preference would be for blue then grey then brown though they're all pretty. But I can't justify getting a 664 anyway, especially so close to my GFs birthday :(

Bryce

So she wouldn't be impressed if you got her a CPC664 for her birthday? :D

Bryce.

Munchausen

Unimpressed just doesn't even begin to describe it...

Bryce

That'll explain the wifes reaction to the CPC6128+ I got her for Christmas.

Speaking of which. There's a 6128+ on ebay Germany at the moment (a rare occurrance although it's a french model): Amstrad CPC 6128 Plus AZERTY mit Anleitung und Burnin Rubber Cartridge 6128plus
And a 464+ too (and it's a UK qwerty): Amstrad CPC 464 Plus mit Anleitung 464plus | eBay

Bryce.

beaker

Nice and they come with a nice patina as well :)

Only €20 to Ireland and may work out better value than that one on adverts.ie where he's rearranged the azerty keyboard into a qwerty one...

nrgroom

re the 664 on ebay

Quote from: Bryce on 20:10, 08 November 13
Well the price is still relatively reasonable, but there's still 6 days to go.

Bryce.

It went for an amazing £202.  :o

Wow.

I'm pleased that I was busy at work when the auction ended, because i've got a habit of getting in over my head when it comes to eBay bidding, and could have ended up with an empty bank account.

Much cheaper to just use half the memory of my 6128, and pretend it's a 664  ;)

redbox

Quote from: nrgroom on 20:36, 15 November 13
It went for an amazing £202.

That's not amazing, that's about right.

nrgroom

Well you're probably right, I guess it's worth what the winning bidder is willing to pay.

Seems a bit high to me, given that the membrane need fixing/replacing. I was hoping to snap it up for £80.

I remember getting my 464 for a nice crisp £10. But then I suppose theres thousands of them about...

The Last Bandit

£202 is a lot to pay, I guess this is an Amstrad fan looking to complete a collection as there are cheaper ways to get a working Amstard. I picked up my 6128 recently on ebay for €12, needs a bit of work but more or less fully functional.

Also 464+ on Adverts.ie going for €60 but that probably be haggled down a bit.

Gryzor

€260 for a faulty 664? Reasonable? Yeah, no way. Maybe half.

TFM

Compared to the prices I payed 10 years ago, that's all very expensive. Beginning 2000's a 6128 was about 10-20 Euros, a 664 maybe 10 more, but not always. And now prices add an order of magnitude, that's sick.

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Btw, to give some perspective, you can get a Sam Coupe or an Enterprise for that kind of money!

TFM

Well, ok, I assume they are definitely more scarce. But technology is more or less on same level.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Bryce

Quote from: TFM on 21:41, 19 November 13
Well, ok, I assume they are definitely more scarce. But technology is more or less on same level.  :)

In retroworld, technology / speed / power of a computer has no relation to the price. A C64 is much more powerful than an Altair 8800, but the price is the complete opposite.

Bryce.

The Last Bandit

Quote from: Bryce on 22:28, 19 November 13
In retroworld, technology / speed / power of a computer has no relation to the price. A C64 is much more powerful than an Altair 8800, but the price is the complete opposite.

Bryce.

Exactly, how much is even a dead Apple 1 worth these days ?

I have a Atari Jaguar CD (working) for 1 Million euros is anyone wants it  ;D

Gryzor

Damn! SIXTY FOUR BITS!!!

beaker

Quote from: The Last Bandit on 23:39, 19 November 13
I have a Atari Jaguar CD (working) for 1 Million euros is anyone wants it  ;D

Such a treasure exists in Ireland???

The Last Bandit

Yep, but it sucks big time.

Actually have an nice collection of crap consoles, GX-4000, Jaguar, CDi :)

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 22:28, 19 November 13

Bryce.

Of course, in retro world it works exactly as you say... Well, I just don't live there.  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

Quote from: TFM on 20:30, 20 November 13

Of course, in retro world it works exactly as you say... Well, I just don't live there.  ;)

You may not live there, but in the world where the retro computers are sold it works that way, so if you intend buying one, then you're going to have to live with it anyway.

Bryce.

TFM

Nope!  ;)  Got all I need.  :D

When I did listen to Rock music in the 80ies, it was called Rock, today some call it classic rock. Why should I change it?

When I got the CPC for reasons I liked it and decided to use it, why should I change that?

So what 'they' call Retro is for me the technology I did grow up with and am acquainted to. If some of 'them' freak out and get prices to insanity - I will just not join them.  :)

Sure technology advances, but this does not make older things worse, they stay as they are. And I can don things with the CPC which couldn't be done with a PC (at least by me). No it's not retro for me, it's my preferred system - this wonderful CPC - and I don't see a change coming soon.
TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

I'm really happy for you, but none of that changes reality :D

Bryce.