News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Macc

Issue 1 Speccy for sale
[ebay]111235406266[/ebay]

ralferoo

I like the way the PCB tracks look hand drawn! :) I obviously knew about the "dead cockroach" before, but I'd never seen a photo of the rest of the PCB...

Gryzor

Had to look the "dead cockroach" up. Heh... :D

The Last Bandit

Quote from: ralferoo on 13:29, 10 December 13
I like the way the PCB tracks look hand drawn! :) I obviously knew about the "dead cockroach" before, but I'd never seen a photo of the rest of the PCB...

They probably were hand drawn or at least the original mask was. Had to do similar in college after stepping up from wire wrapping - what a pain in the ass...

Bryce

Boards were all done like that back then. I spent my college days with a stencil in my hand, although I preferred straight uniform lines than long curves, but we were taught to use long smooth curves?? Maybe they thought the electrons wouldn't manage the sharp corners and fly out the side :D

Bryce.

TFM

That actually can happen if you increase frequency high enough.  8)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

The Last Bandit

Sharp corners and high frequencies don't mix well, although can't have been much of a problem back in the Spectrum days. N64 has got some nice curved routing on it as well. 

Bryce

Sharp corners are only a problem on high frequencies if they happen to form an antenna out of the track. Electrons tend travel at the same speed no matter what frequency they happen to be switching at, so it's not like they are missing the bend just because the frequency was increased. :D

Bryce.

The Last Bandit

Quote from: Bryce on 22:35, 10 December 13
so it's not like they are missing the bend just because the frequency was increased. :D

Also know as the Scaletrix theory  :D

Thankfully never had to route any complicated stuff myself but remember our SI and analog guys bitching alot about trace routing when 1Ghz clocks started ticking.

Bryce

Most modern routers calculate the correct track length / meandering automatically if it's set up properly. It's annoying, but at least you don't have to calculate it yourself.

Bryce.

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 22:35, 10 December 13
Sharp corners are only a problem on high frequencies if they happen to form an antenna out of the track. Electrons tend travel at the same speed no matter what frequency they happen to be switching at, so it's not like they are missing the bend just because the frequency was increased. :D

Bryce.

Oh well, in the pub two blocks down (I moved recently) there are a couple of Electrons who barely make it around the first corner. And their frequency is not the highest ;-)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Nich

A copy of The Mystery of Arkham Manor sold on eBay for £51.00! :o

The Mystery of Arkham Manor Amstrad CPC Game - Melbourne House (DCC) SEALED |

I've also seen another copy sell for around £18 a few weeks ago.

Why is it selling for so much? It's not that rare! What really annoys me is that I my own copy of this game was sold on eBay for only £2.99 two years ago! >:(

TFM

Collectors seem to go more and more crazy!  :o
TFM of FutureSoft

Macc

French MINT +2 Grey
[ebay]111238566453[/ebay]

MINT Toastrack
[ebay]111238532596[/ebay]

MINT 48k+
[ebay]111238577290[/ebay]

All sold now

Macc

Quote from: Macc on 13:22, 10 December 13
Issue 1 Speccy for sale
[ebay]111235406266[/ebay]
Last day!

BluesBrothers

Quote from: Nich on 20:51, 12 December 13
A copy of The Mystery of Arkham Manor sold on eBay for £51.00! :o

The Mystery of Arkham Manor Amstrad CPC Game - Melbourne House (DCC) SEALED |

I've also seen another copy sell for around £18 a few weeks ago.

Why is it selling for so much? It's not that rare! What really annoys me is that I my own copy of this game was sold on eBay for only £2.99 two years ago! >:(

What can I say. Ebay is an absolutely crazy place. It just takes 2 people to really, really want it at the same time and that mad eye twitch kicks in as each is determined they'll win "No matter what the cost!" :laugh:

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

remax

Quote from: TFM on 23:05, 20 December 13
By accident I found this:

New Symbos by Paperback Book English Free Shipping 5512531689 | eBay

High Quality Content by WIKIPEDIA articles!

Looked like a coincidence, but no...

SymbOS: Amazon.co.uk: Ronald Cohn Jesse Russell: Books

Does Prodatron know about it?

Brain Radioactivity

Gryzor

Wtf... nice find! Is it even legal?

Gryzor

Devilmarkus

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:24, 26 December 13
Here we have a lovelingly modded 6128 sporting an internal HxC:
Amstrad Schneider CPC 6128 mit internem HxC Floppy-Emulator | eBay

I wonder how he got "Kaiser" working on a CPC 6128? As the Kaiser codes are for 464 only.
Did he downgrade it to BASIC and OS 1.0?

Edit: Saw it: He uses the crappy 19k BASIC only version of Kaiser...
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

TFM

What's about a rewrite of Kaiser for 128 KB? Would be nice IMHO.

Meanwhile some chicken are flattering...

Cyber-Chicken für Schneider / Amstrad CPC, Release 2013! NEU, Limitiert | eBay

TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

Who's Cologne-1974 then? :)

Bryce

Not, me... 5 years too young :(

Bryce.

Macc