News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

zeropolis79

Dad and I saw the Spectrum version on Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis got for nearly £1,000 on eBay last year.. He's never seen a proper CPC version in the flesh although he has a copied version..

Nich

Quote from: rockrabilia on 10:56, 01 April 14
We await a further flurry of activity with this evening's final dozen auctions.  I can't imagine anyone has any money left, but we will see...
And the results from round two are in...

Suspended - £193.00
Moonmist - £79.76
Leather Goddesses of Phobos - £64.36
Infidel - £149.00
Hollywood Hijinx - £66.00
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - £35.00
Cutthroats - £67.00
The Lurking Horror - £73.00
Stationfall - £79.76
Planetfall - £64.36
Zork III - £118.00
Zork II - £79.76

So Suspended has managed to surpass Sorcerer as the most expensive non-cartridge game I've seen on eBay! :)

BluesBrothers

Quote from: rockrabilia on 10:56, 01 April 14

So, has this set some new records for CPC games?  Naturally we'd hoped for some decent bids on these, but I'll have to admit our expectations were somewhat surpassed  ;D   We await a further flurry of activity with this evening's final dozen auctions.  I can't imagine anyone has any money left, but we will see...

Well done Tim. Can't think of a more deserving chap (well except for me of course ;) )

BB

Devlin

Quote from: BluesBrothers on 16:19, 03 April 14
Well done Tim. Can't think of a more deserving chap (well except for me of course ;) )

BB

Wow. those went for quite a fair chunk of cash! I think i'll stick to the ones that cost £3-5 for now :)
CPC464 & CPC6128 + USIfAC II + Revaldinho 512k(universal cpld ver) - Schneider CRT TV
Administrator of Amstrad Discord : https://discord.gg/ksWvApv

zeropolis79

Dad would have loved those Infocom games but a bit too expensive.

He'll have to settle for hte games I've found him on eBay and hope no-one else bids.

rockrabilia

Quote from: Nich on 19:07, 02 April 14
So Suspended has managed to surpass Sorcerer as the most expensive non-cartridge game I've seen on eBay! :)
Gosh, that was all very exciting wasn't it!  S'pose it's back to dealing in £2.99 games again now it's all over ...

Quote from: BluesBrothers on 16:19, 03 April 14
Thank you!  Sadly, I'm all out of Issue 1 Spectrums so I had to pull something else out of the hat to keep up ;)

Anyway, in case it's of interest to anyone, we have a large quantity of Amsoft auctions up now.
There's a few titles here that we've never stocked before:  rockrabilia | eBay

Tim  :)

zeropolis79

I'm hoping to find a cheap disc copy of Hero Quest at some point so my daughter Annabelle and I can play it together.

(I do have a copy on my Amiga but the CPC version has a certain thrill to it)

rockrabilia

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 13:51, 06 April 14
I'm hoping to find a cheap disc copy of Hero Quest at some point so my daughter Annabelle and I can play it together.

(I do have a copy on my Amiga but the CPC version has a certain thrill to it)

Sadly that's not something that we have  :(   I had the original board game when it first came out - used to love playing that!

zeropolis79

I've got the board game in my attic! But it's too much to set up, considering Annabelle's got exams coming up and she got a bit behind with work while I was in hospital. Also, now spring and summer is upon us, she'll be training for swimming competitions. Despite her disabilities, she's the best swimmer in town.

EgoTrip

Quote from: gerald on 16:59, 24 March 14
For 400 quid you also get a 6128+ or a 664 from this guy  :o
Video connectors and power supplies aren't cheap these days  :D

That seller is a greedy cunt. I hope his greed means he has to pay out a fortune in listing fees for NO return.

zeropolis79

Quote from: beaker on 17:09, 24 March 14
What next, 16k spectrum selling for £1000 ? lol

People have been known to try and sell Speccies for high sums (and not get them).

Optimus

Hey, a CPC+ 6128 here!

Amstrad CPC 6128 Plus Computer - Fully Working & Games | eBay

What I don't understand is why this one is still at 99.99?
When another CPC+ appeared I paid a lot of money because I thought it's rare.
But this one, appear the next few days, it's depressing to think I paid 4 times the price and no war is happening for this one. Can't understand it..

So, get it if you want!

beaker

I don't want you to feel worse but that's probably on the upper end/bordering on expensive... You could have gotten a nice boxed one for 90euros/£75 on Amibay (http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=59761). OK it was AZERTY. I paid £70 for mine and that came with a tape input mod and Parados on the cartridge :(

Bryce

Yup, 4 times the price was definitely too much to pay. I got both my 6128+ and my 464+ for a lot less.

Bryce.

Optimus

Hehe, I know. It's a tough fact now. I was just too crazy to get my first CPC+, also it was very rare, months had past to see one, and I thought it was last opportunity. And even a regular CPC without even monitor could go at 100 today. Ok,. maybe not always, there are some cheaper ones too, but retro computers are quite more expensive than five years ago.

I should just forget it and enjoy my CPC+ and make it worth the money :)

beaker

That's the spirit :) I spent €50 on a gold coloured C64 with a duff cassette player and couldn't look at it for over a year (it was a day after coming back from Oz so I was jetlagged)... it was probably worth €20 tops as I got a beaut mint Night Moves pack with original joysticks for €25. Actually that's a lie, I used it as a door stop for 3 months but kept tripping over it. It's now getting JiffyDOS and an SD2IEC professionally installed in it and I'll probably have a go at respraying it from the nasty gold colour.

Listen, if this bloke gets €200 for this GX4000 (http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/amstrad-gx-4000-entertainment-system-plus-game/4873115), you know you can always sell it in Ireland for what you paid for it :)

ralferoo

Aren't the gold C64s quite rare though?

Mind you, I can understand the doorstop thing. I must have bought my C64 about 15 months ago now and it was turned on once to make sure it worked and never since... :(

beaker

Paradroid90 would can probably confirm but AFAIK because they were only sprayed gold and so easy to fake the only ones worth anything are the ones with the original plaque from Commodore. There's a few things that lead me to think mine isn't quite right:
1. Mine is the C64G model and I am pretty sure all the gold ones were made before that
2. Someone's removed all the stickers from the top and bottom of the case...  :laugh:

I think it's as fake as my Chinese Rolex  ;D Still, I am going to use it now for installing stuff on as I don't care if I cut into the case.

Optimus

Anyway, my next plan is to get a Sam Coupe. These are more frequent but always get over 300.

Bryce

Quote from: ralferoo on 19:47, 07 April 14
Aren't the gold C64s quite rare though?

Mind you, I can understand the doorstop thing. I must have bought my C64 about 15 months ago now and it was turned on once to make sure it worked and never since... :(

Only if they are attached to the glass plate with circuitry design and were one of the aniversary ones. A gold one that some bloke sprayed in his garage tend to go for less :D

@beaker: Yes, only the breadbin version was made into these "1 Million sold" versions. Also, their side plate (the metal plate around the joystick ports) is always missing on them for some reason, but they are working C64s.
Regarding the €200 GX4000, I like to make offers of €2 or €3 on these sales, just so that the seller realises how far off the market price he is.

Bryce.

beaker

Quote from: Optimus on 05:49, 08 April 14
Anyway, my next plan is to get a Sam Coupe. These are more frequent but always get over 300.

Oi, hands off the next one in mine!!!  :laugh: So have you run out of the more common machines like me and turning your attention to the more exotics? Top of my list at the moment is the Sam Coupé, Sharp X68000 and Commodore Pet. I've just bought the WonderMega and FM Marty Towns II over the last month...

Quote from: Bryce on 08:30, 08 April 14
Regarding the €200 GX4000, I like to make offers of €2 or €3 on these sales, just so that the seller realises how far off the market price he is.

I tried that a couple of times (last time with some Electron games) and they just ignored me  :( You know the Irish, especially on the West coast; they'll want €5k for a clapped out old banger, and knock on your door to sell you their 15 year old couch rather than take it down the dump :laugh:

Bryce

Commodore Pet?? Isn't the Tatung Einstein big and heavy enough for you? :D

Bryce.

beaker

I needed something to weigh down the other side of the house  ;D

Bryce

Ah, the house starting to subside. That's what happens when you build houses on bog land :D

Bryce.

steve

Talking about big and heavy, I would like a TRS 80 model 2 and external disk drives on its own custom designed desk.
Only problem is my house is not big enough. ;D