News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

dcdrac

I should be able to get those discs off this weekend.

Macc

zeropolis79

Quote from: dcdrac on 22:07, 16 April 14
I should be able to get those discs off this weekend.

If that's addressed to me, thanks!

beaker

6128 going over on Amibay for £55 inc. UK postage. Keyboard doesn't look yellowed.

http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?60568-Amstrad-CPC6128

TFM

Quote from: Macc on 13:28, 17 April 14
Ending today!

Out of curiosity... Is in this forum a single person interested in Spectrums?
imno it's a waste of time (for all) that spectrum stuff get's posted here.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

beaker

I'm interested. TC is actually improving the sound on my +2 and sorting out the joystick port to work with Atari joysticks. I wouldn't mind an issue 1 at some point. Nice to see anything that a member is selling that's out of the ordinary (like an early version of a machine) :) shhh... I've actually been playing with my C64 over the last few weeks, and my other one is being fitted with JiffyDOS and I just bought an Ultimate II to go with it...

Ygdrazil

I'm also interested!

The Speccy is somehow related to the CPC, like it or not!

Quote from: beaker on 17:31, 06 May 14
I'm interested. TC is actually improving the sound on my +2 and sorting out the joystick port to work with Atari joysticks. I wouldn't mind an issue 1 at some point. Nice to see anything that a member is selling that's out of the ordinary (like an early version of a machine) :) shhh... I've actually been playing with my C64 over the last few weeks, and my other one is being fitted with JiffyDOS and I just bought an Ultimate II to go with it...

Bryce

Quote from: TFM on 16:28, 06 May 14

imno it's a waste of time (for all) that spectrum stuff get's posted here.

Proud owner of a ZX80, ZX81, 2x ZX Spectrum 48K, Spectrum 128+ and Spectrum +3 :) They may not beat the CPC in any test, but they have their own charm. Especially if you grew up with one.

Bryce.

ralferoo

Quote from: TFM on 16:28, 06 May 14
I don't have one, so I'd buy a spectrum if there was one going cheap enough.

TFM

Interesting, thank for your answers. Guess the advantage of the Spectrum is it's text mode, but I don't know much about it. It's video chip seems to be similar the the CBS collecovison, which is a system I had at 1984 and liked much (pre CPC era ,-))

Can the speccy somehow beat the c64? (faster cpu maybe?).
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Quote from: TFM on 19:23, 06 May 14
Interesting, thank for your answers. Guess the advantage of the Spectrum is it's text mode, but I don't know much about it. It's video chip seems to be similar the the CBS collecovison, which is a system I had at 1984 and liked much (pre CPC era ,-))

Can the speccy somehow beat the c64? (faster cpu maybe?).

The Spectrum actually doesn't have a text mode, just a 6KB monochrome bitmap with a cranky memory layout. It has character sized attributes on top of that to set foreground/background colour within each character. No hardware scrolling. No sprites. Fixed 256x192 display. Even if a 4MHz Z80 is faster overall than a 1MHz 6502-derivative, in games the C64's video hardware capabilities freed a lot of CPU time up.

redbox

I agree, the Z80 may run faster but with the CPC you spend around 2/3 of a frame just drawing stuff to the screen - so in reality you are working with a 1mhz processor :(

steve

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I just missed out on a PcW 16, I remembered the auction with just 6 seconds to go, and could not get a bid in, it sold for just £13.18.

TFM

Quote from: redbox on 18:38, 07 May 14
I agree, the Z80 may run faster but with the CPC you spend around 2/3 of a frame just drawing stuff to the screen - so in reality you are working with a 1mhz processor :(

He does.  :)  No me though  ;D
TFM of FutureSoft

redbox

Quote from: steve on 21:04, 10 May 14
I just missed out on a PcW 16, I remembered the auction with just 6 seconds to go, and could not get a bid in, it sold for just £13.18.

Did it have a mouse with it?

Terje_Norway

Quote from: redbox on 07:19, 11 May 14
Did it have a mouse with it?
Yes, is did come with a mouse. Did actually look "cute"  ;D

See link for the auction below :

AMSTRAD PcW16 - VINTAGE PC - 1995 - VERY RARE - PERFECT WORKING ORDER | eBay

Look below for a "nice" description of an Amstrad PC2086/30.
The seller really gives his personal experience with this machine (2014 experiences I think  ::) )

Amstrad PC2086/30 - Craptastic Plastic Fantastic | eBay

Yours

Terje Grind
NORWAY

TFM

Quote from: Terje_Norway on 10:58, 11 May 14
Yes, is did come with a mouse. Did actually look "cute"  ;D

See link for the auction below :

AMSTRAD PcW16 - VINTAGE PC - 1995 - VERY RARE - PERFECT WORKING ORDER | eBay

Look below for a "nice" description of an Amstrad PC2086/30.
The seller really gives his personal experience with this machine (2014 experiences I think  ::) )

Amstrad PC2086/30 - Craptastic Plastic Fantastic | eBay

Yours

Terje Grind
NORWAY

OMG! Whoever bought it, just made the deal of his life!!!

TFM of FutureSoft

dcdrac

dcdrac

Optimus

Look, look,.. Vintage Pang gx4000 gx-4000 Amstrad computer game | eBay

I am keeping myself from buying. 50 is too much, but is one of the games I want.

beaker

That label looks so dodgy  :laugh:

ralferoo

Yeah, I think the genuine label is usually *worse* quality than that!  ;D

I suspect, but it's hard to tell without examining it for real, but that looks genuine to me! The label should be dot-matrix printed and it's hard to tell from that picture whether it is or not...

beaker

Really? I was expecting the label design to at least be similar to my dodgy copy on the right  :laugh:

arnoldemu

Quote from: beaker on 12:50, 19 May 14
Really? I was expecting the label design to at least be similar to my dodgy copy on the right  :laugh:
both label designs are genuine I believe.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

beaker

Hectic, learn something new every day. I knew of just the white labels from the demo machines and the design I have  :)