News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

steve

CraigsBar

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Bryce

Quote from: CraigsBar on 08:19, 23 May 14
Strangely you tempt me!

Craig

That would be quite a round trip for you, it's collection only.

Bryce.

CraigsBar

My parents in law live locally and we are visiting then at the end of June. ☺

Terje_Norway

Hi,

You could have a look at the following auction :

Silicon Disc interface for Amstrad cpc 464. 256K Ram and OS on rom. Ultra rare.

Silicon Disc interface for Amstrad cpc 464. 256K Ram and OS on rom. Ultra rare.

This is now at 115 GBP and I don't think it's done yet. It's actually quite RARE and could actually end up in the region of 200-300 GBP (I think ! ! !)

Yours

Terje Grind

NORWAY

PS Years ago I bought two of the 6128 version. I think I payed about 60 EUR each (including postage). Those were the days  ;D

robcfg

Bryce

I've got two of those here. I'm rich!!! Not.

Bryce.

CraigsBar

Perhaps I should sell my 6128 silicon disc to finance the 464 plus

dcdrac

The prices for Plus's  seem to go up and up I got my 6128 with monitor and 464 plus for £80 each both work.

Thanks to the brilliant Bryce the floppy drive for the plus is cooking with gas...

beaker

Seems to be prices in general, or maybe I am tight-fisted  :laugh:

I'm trying to fill up a pallet in the UK with retro machines but everything on ebay seems to be going for stupid money :( Even importing things like the Sega 32x from the US isn't worth it with the postage and import taxes they charge you these days.

I'm actually finding a few things much cheaper in Ireland like a nice boxed Texas Instruments TI-99/4A for £20 which must be a first  :laugh:

Gryzor

There's a copy of Billy la Banlieue breaking new ground at €199 on eBay right now, if anyone feels stupid enough.

robcfg

Even less known computers like the Dragon 32 are getting quite high on eBay. Go figure...

CraigsBar

If I was not after the 464 plus I'd be interested in this

AMSTRAD CPC 464 COMPUTER - GAMES / JOY STICKS / DISK-DRIVE / SPEECH / BUNDLE |

WOW 464, Mono screen, DDI-1 and Floppy drive for £100.

steve

CraigsBar

Quote from: steve on 22:49, 26 May 14
Or this 464/ctm/ddi-1 and games, AMSTRAD CPC 464 COLOUR COMPUTER & COLOUR MONITOR PLUS FLOPPY DISC AND GAMES. |

That one looks like a non runner tho.

Craig

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

steve

Quote from: CraigsBar on 23:10, 26 May 14
That one looks like a non runner tho.

Craig

Maybe, but it is collection only so the price won't rise much and should be a bargain.

ralferoo

WTF!  :-X A 464+ currently at over £200 with 5 minutes to go: Amstrad 464 Plus Vintage Rare Computer | eBay  :o :o :o

CraigsBar

Quote from: ralferoo on 21:08, 27 May 14
WTF!  :-X A 464+ currently at over £200 with 5 minutes to go: Amstrad 464 Plus Vintage Rare Computer | eBay  :o :o :o

And now it's my 464+ for 205. It's the monitor I really wanted. One with no yellowing. The 464 plus is just a bonus. I see a new HxC order coming up. Maybe next month.

beaker

HxC for the 464+???  ??? You do know it's not got a disk controller on the motherboard so you'll need to get someone to build one?

CraigsBar

Quote from: beaker on 22:41, 27 May 14
HxC for the 464+???  ??? You do know it's not got a disk controller on the motherboard so you'll need to get someone to build one?

I have 2 failed 6128 plus boards here that just want to donate an FDC etc....

So luck being I'll end up with a HxC equipped 4128 plus.

Craig

beaker

Ah, that makes more sense  :D Sounds cool, I've got the 6128+ with tape mod but I want to get a 464+ to do exactly the same  :laugh: Let us know how it goes, with pictures  :) I've thought about getting a CPC monitor but ended up going for this Sony PVM SONY Trinitron PVM-14L4 14" inch Professional Broadcast Video CRT Monitor | eBay today that I'll use with my CPC's and everything else after it turned out my current Trinitron is left severely wanting with half my console collection  :'(

redbox

Quote from: CraigsBar on 22:34, 27 May 14
It's the monitor I really wanted. One with no yellowing.

There was one on eBay a couple of months ago that was only 99p, and it only sold after being listed 3 times.

I would strongly suggest getting a Sony Trinitron 14" instead, you can pick those up for £10 and the picture is 1000x better  :)

beaker

I've been pretty disappointed with my 14 inch Trinitron. Give it any exotic to handle and all I get is a black and white image. Look how it's making my poor PC Engine cry in the bottom right corner  :laugh:

[attach=2]

CraigsBar

Quote from: redbox on 22:56, 27 May 14
There was one on eBay a couple of months ago that was only 99p, and it only sold after being listed 3 times.

I would strongly suggest getting a Sony Trinitron 14" instead, you can pick those up for £10 and the picture is 1000x better  :)

I also like the styling and one plug solution as amstrad intended.

My current plus monitor is a little tatty and slightly yellowed, and I have an emergency b/w one if it ever dies completely. but that one looke un blemished and (for want of a better word) new. I always wanted a 464 plus as well so now I can have one. I'll need to perfect my soldering skills before I tackle the RAM IC's I guess but at least the FDC is socketed on the 6128 plus ;)

mr_lou

Quote from: beaker on 22:41, 27 May 14

Are you sure about that? Bryce installed a HxC in my CPCplus, and I don't remember him adding a disk-controller too.

I've been looking at the CM14 monitor too to go with my CPCplus, but so far still not hooked enough on it. Maybe some day. It's just a bit more awesome having a "complete" set.  :)