News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigsBar

Quote from: beaker on 22:38, 23 June 14
Did anyone on the board here get this?

Huge collection of rare vintage computer games and accessories for Amstrad 6128+

Bit p*ssed as I've been after a copy of Super Cauldron for 10 years now and I forgot to bid  ???

Damn, I could have done with 'legalising' my copy of prehistorik 2 too.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Optimus

Gryzor

Damn, the date only goes up to 2010, so I won't be bidding.

ralferoo

Carnivius

There was a CPC version?   :o

It's a great little game especially in 2 players.  It was also included as an extra on Super Mario Bros 3 on NES and I spent many hours playing my friends at it when not playing the main game.   Part of the fun is that the players are solid to each other and can be bumped into the enemies.  Or you can knock a safely flipped over back the right way up again just as the other player is about to finish them off and they get killed.   Ahh, I love 2 player games where you can be co-operative and lovely to each other but then choose to backstab them all to hell.  They're the best kind!

Hm, CPC version doesn't look as good from the screenshots but I dunno if it plays anywhere near as well as the NES game.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

CraigsBar

Quote from: Carnivac on 20:01, 09 July 14
There was a CPC version?   :o

<snip>

Hm, CPC version doesn't look as good from the screenshots but I dunno if it plays anywhere near as well as the NES game.

Hmmm, The floor is **WAY** too slippery on the CPC Version, making it nearly impossible to jump accurately (I just tested it from NVG) but I can see the attraction of the 2 player version. Therefore in my opinion it is not worth the 34.99 that it is currently on Ebay for.

One for the collectors I guess.... Perhaps it is rare because it is not so good ;)

Craig
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

remax

I had it back in the days. Quite a good port of the arcade version. But i don't think it's nowhere a rare game
Brain Radioactivity

beaker

Yeah, I had a couple of copies of it on tape when I was younger, I wouldn't have thought it was rare at all.

SyX

Quote from: remax on 21:09, 09 July 14
I had it back in the days. Quite a good port of the arcade version. But i don't think it's nowhere a rare game
I think the same, that game was common as mud. Nice for a two player game, better in green monitor than in the colour one... what awful palette!!!.

But i never will understand why the mode 0 loading screen simulating game sprites and the game was in mode 1!?!??!?!
[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]

Bryce

In ebayworld anything can be ***RARE*** if the seller wants it to be. :)

Bryce.

Carnivius

I understand the palette choice.  Red & blue for Mario's usual colouring, black for outlines/details/background and white being the final colour so it's a neutral one able to be used all over.   It's not pretty but it is somewhat logical.   But yeah this should have been a Mode 0 game anyways and that loading screen just confirms that it would have looked much better.   Even the Mode 0 Mario there looks far better defined than the Mode 1 version.  Bit of a tease that.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Border_7

Not quite ebay, but New Zealand's TradeMe:

Amstrad CPC 3" Discs | Trade Me

8 Blank 3" discs + 5 games.... NZ $20 !!
01000001 01101101 01110011 01110100 01110010
01100001 01100100
01000011 01101111 01101101 01110000 01110101
01110100 01101001 01101110 01100111

BluesBrothers

Bryce

Quote from: BluesBrothers on 11:56, 11 July 14
This looks in really good condition

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=191239219559&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:3160

worth every penny to I reckon

But how much will it end up selling for?

Bryce.

steve

It does not have a monitor so it may not work and it is likely that the keyboard membrane will need to be replaced, so it is already overpriced.

BluesBrothers

The membrane I'll admit is a bugger but these are usually easily fixed and it is in wonderful condition. It suppose it's a case of how swayed by condition you are.

Honestly if I wasn't brassed atm I might consider it to add to my ever increasing CPC collection. Unfortunately it might cost me parts of my anatomy with the wife :o

beaker

Yeah, I didn't think the CPC's were that hard to bring back to life? For a boxed version in that external condition I'd definitely have a punt at that price. Thanks BB :)

steve

The membrane will cost £25-£30.

beaker

True, from RWAP. To me, if I could buy it and have it working for around the £150 (given the external condition from what I can see in the pictures, and it's boxed with the original polystyrene innards) I wouldn't feel really feel like I'd been done...

CPC_Fan

That looks in pretty good condition. If only I had that sort of money spare (plus more most likely), I would place a bid on it....

Gryzor

Mind you, it may be boxed but the grime on the keys shows it's been well used...

beaker

True, although they don't seem yellowed and the blue colour doesn't seem to have faded.

Poliander

This is some really rare stuff I believe. Seen on Home Computer Schneider CPC 464 + Kassette | eBay
Schneider CPC 664 • X-MEM • Vortex F1-X Drive • CTM 644 • DMP 2160
Schneider CPC 6128 • Z-MEM • M4 Board • MultiPlay + Amiga Mouse • OSSC