News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Token

Need!

;)

PS: very nice, never saw it before. Rare?!1

beaker

I think it's just a Schneider 464 that's been painted to make it look like a prototype. The wavy sticker above the main keys is a bit of a giveaway not to mention the pastic behind the cassette perspex is still grey.  :-X

Gryzor

True (bis). I was just mentioning it to show it's not new/mint, probably, lovely as it looks.

ralferoo

The matching PSU is also a giveaway. Even if the prototype had a PSU rather than a monitor, it'd have had a UK power plug on the end!

Token

Those white sheets everywhere, he really want to sell it for good money  :)
But very nice CPC at least. (made my day)

CraigsBar

Quote from: beaker on 19:32, 14 July 14
I think it's just a Schneider 464 that's been painted to make it look like a prototype. The wavy sticker above the main keys is a bit of a giveaway not to mention the pastic behind the cassette perspex is still grey.  :-X

I saw a white CPC 464 prototype once, It was for sale on a market stall for £90 and it looked lovely, but it was 1986ish and I already had one at home so did not even think of buying it. Damn if only I had.

Craig
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Gryzor

Damn indeed...

Poliander

Looks like he's ramping up for mass production.
Schneider CPC 664 • X-MEM • Vortex F1-X Drive • CTM 644 • DMP 2160
Schneider CPC 6128 • Z-MEM • M4 Board • MultiPlay + Amiga Mouse • OSSC

CraigsBar

Quote from: Poliander on 19:11, 16 July 14

Still have the same flaws tho, the Obvious grey plastic on the tape door, and the oh too dark keyboard.

I wish I'd bought the one I saw LOL. nearly 30 years later I have regret... Ooops!

steve

It looks nice, like a bar of white chocolate. ;D

It's funny how some Amiga owners are painting their Amigas black and here we have someone painting their CPC white or is it really white plastic?.

Poliander

Quote from: steve on 21:21, 16 July 14It's funny how some Amiga owners are painting their Amigas black and here we have someone painting their CPC white or is it really white plastic?.

I'll tell you by the end of the week.

CraigsBar

Quote from: steve on 21:21, 16 July 14
It looks nice, like a bar of white chocolate. ;D

It's funny how some Amiga owners are painting their Amigas black and here we have someone painting their CPC white or is it really white plastic?.

the *real* white ones were white/cream plastic with cream and grey keyboards. and looked *really* very nice. A real one now however will be extremely expensive.

Craig

EgoTrip

That fake proto CPC really does look good. If I ever had a real CPC again i'd want it to look like that.

Carnivius

Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

EgoTrip

Wow what a bargain, I think I will bid £200 just to make sure I win.

Carnivius

Most of his other listings are sensibly priced but then there are a few which have crazy prices.  I don't get it.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

EgoTrip

Probably just a typo, might be worth messaging him and letting him know

Neil79

The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

EgoTrip

Saying that he does have some Ocean original games priced very high, like Donkey Kong. I know this is rare on the CPC but I don't follow Spectrum. Chances are it could be though?

gerald

Quote from: Poliander on 19:11, 16 July 14
And this one has cost down mother board  ;)

beaker

..and he still hasn't got back to me about the shipping costs to Ireland  :laugh:

I wonder if he decided to repaint them because the plastics were getting yellowed?  :laugh: The dark grey plastics  ???

ralferoo

Not technically related to the Amstrad, but this Schneider euro PC looks beautiful (but only ships to Germany): Schneider Euro PC mit Top Zubehör! | eBay

jbaudrand

Well I have sold my entire collection in the 90's to my uncle for buying an A500... What a fool I've been... not to mention my uncle who throw it away...
just saw this:

Amstrad Discs Lucasfilm Games Prestige Collection Activision 1987 Ultra Rare |

I want to hang myself...

Poliander

Quote from: ralferoo on 21:40, 19 July 14
Not technically related to the Amstrad, but this Schneider euro PC looks beautiful (but only ships to Germany): Schneider Euro PC mit Top Zubehör! | eBay

Saw this too. The battery has bleeded out and the boot process is hanging, probably a defective floppy. I like those devices, they're like spiritual successors of the CPCs.