News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Poliander

So here is one of those white colored Schneider CPC 464. It still had a very strong paint smell when I opened the box, it even was a little bit gluey... the color will probably peel off when you touch it too hard. It's a casing from a Spanish exemplar. Will return it to sender tomorrow.

Edit: attaching images fails... so here's a link
Schneider CPC 664 • X-MEM • Vortex F1-X Drive • CTM 644 • DMP 2160
Schneider CPC 6128 • Z-MEM • M4 Board • MultiPlay + Amiga Mouse • OSSC

gerald

Quote from: Poliander on 13:54, 20 July 14
It's a casing from a Spanish exemplar.
You cannot tell that from the port marking, french one also have the port marking written in Spanish as well as English.
I suspect the Spanish marking has to do with Spanish law import (like the spanish keyboard / 472 / etc).

beaker

While I am happy to see something I own appreciate in value, is anyone else getting a tad worried that retro machines seem to be going through the roof over the last 6 months? It seemed to start off with NES and SNES games; whereas you were able to buy boxed games 4 or 5 years ago for a couple of quid, suddenly they doubled, trebled or quadrupled in price (which is why I now prefer using Everdrives and their kin) and now everything else seems to be following suit...

£182 for that 464 in the end Amstrad, CPC 664, Vimtage Computer, Boxed | eBay and items like the 464+ seem to be going up in value.

I originally got into collecting retro machines because it was a cheap hobby and your money went quite far. These days it seems every bit as expensive as buying modern machines. I'm just wondering where it will all end?  :laugh:

Poliander

Not really. 664s in good shape are really rare. On the other side, you still can get a working 464 for around 25 €. This one even has its original packaging... mmmmh :-)
Schneider CPC 664 • X-MEM • Vortex F1-X Drive • CTM 644 • DMP 2160
Schneider CPC 6128 • Z-MEM • M4 Board • MultiPlay + Amiga Mouse • OSSC

beaker

:laugh: Maybe I am just turning into an old miser and sour at keep being outbid on Panasonic Q's  :laugh:

CraigsBar

Quote from: beaker on 20:37, 20 July 14
:laugh: Maybe I am just turning into an old miser and sour at keep being outbid on Panasonic Q's  :laugh:

After a quick bit of googling now I want one of those too!
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

SyX

Quote from: beaker on 20:37, 20 July 14
I miss Lik Sang a lot, the Panasonic Q was one of the things that i was trying to buy before Lik Sang was closed :(

beaker

Someone must really want that Pluto prototype I am guessing

Rare Games Console Collection | eBay

Bryce

Quote from: beaker on 22:44, 27 July 14
Someone must really want that Pluto prototype I am guessing

Rare Games Console Collection | eBay

They can't be serious bids, there's no way someone is prepared to pay 6412 pounds per console?

Bryce.

chinnyhill10

Quote from: beaker on 18:31, 20 July 14

£182 for that 464 in the end Amstrad, CPC 664, Vimtage Computer, Boxed | eBay and items like the 464+ seem to be going up in value.

The CPC's prices spiked when there was all the coverage for the 30th anniversary. Scumbag dealers started to list machines at £400 on Ebay and then others followed suit.

This pushes everything else up because idiots are prepared to bid higher because they think they are getting a bargain.

This is actually what pushed me into getting new machines at the start of the year. My boxed 464 was only £15. I knew the coverage would push up prices.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

beaker

Shame the seller used existing photos on the Pluto in the listing SEGA Pluto: The Console That Never Was? - IGN  :laugh: You're right, I think it was either a scam or the seller made a mistake nicking images off the net.

I guess it's only natural that with the extra coverage on the 30th Anniversary prices would increase.
There still seems some sensibly priced CPC's around, yesterday I was bidding on a 464+ with colour monitor and games that ended up at £70. OK it was a little grubby but nothing a good clean and some retr0brighting wouldn't fix IMO.
Amstrad 464 plus + | eBay
I guess it's swings and roundabouts. Where one seems to increase, others fall.
There seems to have been a glut of Oric 1's on the market with several working ones selling for £40, and I picked up one for £22 :D which didn't work  :laugh:

pelrun

One day I'll manage to get a Plus down here in australia, but it is not this day.

CraigsBar

Quote from: beaker on 09:38, 28 July 14
Shame the seller used existing photos on the Pluto in the listing SEGA Pluto: The Console That Never Was? - IGN  :laugh: You're right, I think it was either a scam or the seller made a mistake nicking images off the net.
Most definitely, the picture of the consoles in the cabinet shows a standard Saturn, definately not a Pluto. Dodgy deal alright.

ralferoo

Quote from: CraigsBar on 13:26, 28 July 14
Most definitely, the picture of the consoles in the cabinet shows a standard Saturn, definately not a Pluto. Dodgy deal alright.
I might be missing something... but the stupidly crazy priced auction doesn't mention Pluto anywhere.

EDIT: Oh, I see it's one of the included images.

Optimus

What a GX4000 bargain I missed!

There was Navy Seals for just 20. I was at work and I missed it.
Fortunately I got Batman which I wanted, for 25.
And look, Robocop 2 for just 18, unbelievable! I already had this for maybe 40 or 50 :P

beaker

You and me both my friend. I almost had 5 GX4000 games including Batman and Robocop for €50

http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/amstrad-gx4000-games/5983755

2 things The Last Bandit has beaten me to in the last week..... he's fast turning into my nemesis  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The Last Bandit

Wasn't a bad deal at all, surprised they got back to me !!

I'm still on the look out for a CTM644 so if you see one let me know  :D

awergh

I have no where better to ask but I seriously have to wonder is there anything so special about this spectrum Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K RAM Computer | eBay ?? I know it comes in a box but still..... $405 AUD !!, Is ebay au just that inflated in price now for vintage computer hardware?

Executioner

I paid $114.00 for mine (ZX Spectrum 48K), including postage, and it appears to be in about the same condition.

TFM

You would have gotten a Mother X4, a X-MEM, a Mini-Booster and a PlayCity for your CPC for that money  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

CraigsBar

Really..... 75euro plus for this?
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=400750900126&alt=web
What is the difference between gold an normal releases? I know this is an awesome game. But not *that* much so.

steve

Bryce

Ebay rant...

Does ebay have some sort of "Dis-improvement Department", whose job it is to remove useful functions?? Up until recently I could search ebay.co.uk and say I only wanted to see items in the UK or Europe, now I have to trail through 6 million items from the US which due to ridiculous postage aren't interesting.

Bryce.

beaker

Yeah, I noticed that too last night, when I changed to price (lowest first) I was able to change my location from Ireland to UK and then the option for UK only appeared again, then I could change it to ending soonest or newly listed and it preserved the UK only option. (I guess until they fix that bug). Just as well I am looking to post to the UK so the postage prices are correct :(
Talk about making you jump through hoops!

Not that I am coming across too much that I actually want on ebay at the moment. Well maybe some cement to secure my 2 TI-99 4/A's to plinths on either side of the driveway. Now that's proper nerdy and something I can do with my duplicate Atari Jaguars and Acorn Electrons as well  :laugh:

mr_lou

I noticed it too about a week ago or so, but thought/hoped they were just changing some things and that it the option would come back.