News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

gerald

Quote from: CraigsBar on 20:24, 20 August 14
is that a whole fd1 for that price. Hmmmm might be very Interested. And is that correct postage to Ireland? I can replace the belt if needed lol.
Looks like the drive enclosure only and description says no floppy drive included. ;)

CraigsBar

Quote from: gerald on 20:32, 20 August 14
Looks like the drive enclosure only and description says no floppy drive included. ;)

Quote from: gerald on 20:32, 20 August 14
hmmm I have 3 spare drives. One of which is 80track. Still not a bad price for the chassis.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Bryce

He's selling an FD-1 case but the power supply is inside, just the floppy drive is miising.

@Poliander: What happened to the 4 drives?

Bryce.

Munchausen

Quote from: mr_lou on 14:34, 20 August 14
"Not tested" in the future means "Missing vital components I took out and used/sold elsewhere"

Unfortunately I got caught by that one on an enterprise 128 I bought a while ago - I still haven't established if it's properly dead due to lack of time, but it is missing almost all of the power regulation circuitry. Which is mad because regulating 5V and stepping up 12V from 9 is really easy and the parts are more or less all standard - from this and the hack job they did of removing parts I can only assume whoever did it had no clue what they were doing (and thus I hope that the ASICs are still working).

Bryce

Probably easier to ignore the original regulator circuitry and supply the computer directly with a Spectrum+ or Amiga PSU.

Bryce.

Poliander

Quote from: Bryce on 08:54, 21 August 14
He's selling an FD-1 case but the power supply is inside, just the floppy drive is miising.

@Poliander: What happened to the 4 drives?

Bryce.
1x sent to Germany
2x sent to Greece
1x about to be sent to Australia, in case that guy pays (but I'm not sure...)
1x is still for sale

I have more of them, but they will be offered separatedly (e.g. not originally packaged or with Schneider company logo). I got them many years ago from Computer Studio in Backnang, the following company of Computer Weeske.
Schneider CPC 664 • X-MEM • Vortex F1-X Drive • CTM 644 • DMP 2160
Schneider CPC 6128 • Z-MEM • M4 Board • MultiPlay + Amiga Mouse • OSSC

Bryce

So they were new spare parts without drives?

Bryce.

Poliander

Schneider CPC 664 • X-MEM • Vortex F1-X Drive • CTM 644 • DMP 2160
Schneider CPC 6128 • Z-MEM • M4 Board • MultiPlay + Amiga Mouse • OSSC

CraigsBar

Munchausen

Quote from: Bryce on 09:23, 21 August 14
Probably easier to ignore the original regulator circuitry and supply the computer directly with a Spectrum+ or Amiga PSU.

Bryce.

I'm going to repair the 5V line as it's basically just a couple of 7805s. For the 12V I have a lot of step up converters hanging around from a "£1 each, wow I'll take 10" ebay buy last year. Then it will work with the original 9V PSU. Now I just need some time for geekery...

CraigsBar

Quote from: CraigsBar on 10:27, 21 August 14
I'll have one on payday.
bought the case... Now to get some plus beige paint for it.

BluesBrothers

Massive Literature auction here

Gryzor

Quote from: BluesBrothers on 21:12, 24 August 14
Massive Literature auction here

Yes, and not a single Amstrad item :D

BluesBrothers

Quote from: Gryzor on 23:51, 24 August 14

Yes, and not a single Amstrad item :D

Ok fair cop but I reckon plenty of members here would enjoy burning some Commodore books :laugh:

Gryzor

Not out of tp yet :)

Dr Tiger Ninestein

Sorry for asking a stupid question but does the 464 plus work without the burning rubber and basic cartridge, can you still load tapes up? It's been so long now since I've owned one that I can't remember.

There is one on eBay at the moment that I'm thinking of bidding on but it doesn't come with a cart and I don't want to buy it if I can't test it straight away.

gerald

Quote from: Robo on 21:34, 29 August 14
Sorry for asking a stupid question but does the 464 plus work without the burning rubber and basic cartridge, can you still load tapes up? It's been so long now since I've owned one that I can't remember.
A cartridge is mandatory. The plus does not have any internal ROM.

Dr Tiger Ninestein

Ah ok that's what I thought. Seems like it may be a bit of a gamble as to whether it works or not then. He said that his daughter was playing a game on it last week which is funny as there is no cart!

Gryzor

You can always get a cart on eBay, but the auction description is a bit fishy...

CraigsBar

Everyone seems to be looking for these today.

Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=271590984744&globalID=EBAY-GB&alt=web

radu14m

only Posts to:United Kingdom :(

CraigsBar

Dr Tiger Ninestein

Quote from: CraigsBar on 21:36, 31 August 14
Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=281426673192&alt=web

That's exactly what I'm looking for. I know it's stupid but the faded amstrad logo on the keyboard is putting me off buying it.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Robo on 21:48, 31 August 14

That's exactly what I'm looking for. I know it's stupid but the faded amstrad logo on the keyboard is putting me off buying it.
well yes, I know what you mean. I paid £205 for mine in June. But below are *my* Amstrad logos....

... and with no yellowing either.

Craig

Dr Tiger Ninestein

Just how they should be.

There's another one on there at the moment with McDonald's stickers all over it. I'm not sure about it though as it comes with no cart so I would have no way of testing it. The seller reckons his daughter was playing a game on it the other day but I can't see how with no cart!