News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

WoW! CPC stuff this time.  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Macc

Yeah I know!  Surprised myself! but it was in a pretty neglected state so I purchased it and then it took a fair bit of work to get it up to a standard I was happy with.

Optimus

Last time I lost a CPC+ monitor at good price. It was sent from France to worldwide, something like 30 pounds iirc, and costs I don't know.
But it was still good price I think and it's hard to find monitor esp. CPC+.
So I see this and because it was near the end of the month before pay day and I wanted to not buy more stuff, I said hmm maybe wait a bit. Then at night I thought "hey, but it's a good opportunity". And then it was sold :P

steve

Here is someone offering a repair service for CPC, I have not tried them.
Amstrad CPC Repair Service! Fix your CPC! | eBay

Macc

Just put 15 games on at 99p start auctions, clams and double cassette cases
Here

Got more single cassettes Im going to try and get on tomorrow

ralferoo

A bit expensive, but I suspect some of you (e.g. Bryce) would be interested in this: BBC Micro Model - Cambridge Co Processor 32016 - Cheese Wedge | eBay

beaker

A bit... £100-150 would be more realistic IMO LOL

Bryce

Quote from: ralferoo on 20:22, 01 October 14
A bit expensive, but I suspect some of you (e.g. Bryce) would be interested in this: BBC Micro Model - Cambridge Co Processor 32016 - Cheese Wedge | eBay

Nah, not for me, even at a reasonable price. I have two BBCs. An Electron (accelerated with Plus 1, joystick cartridge and Pegasus Card) and a maxed out Master 128 with SD Floppy emulator. That's enough for me. I wouldn't mind getting an Atom though, but they go for silly prices these days.

Bryce.

beaker

Had 2 Atoms earlier in the year and used one to pay for some work.

beaker

The other one I got moaned at because I asked for some last minute revisions :( lol

CraigsBar

If I could justify it, I'd go for a Master with SD adaptor. but I think I'd get shot by the wife if I bought another retro format LOL. My foray into Amiga 1200's was costly and came to nothing. I still prefer the CPC ;)

Craig
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

beaker

BBC is compatible with more games and is the model I'd recommend. It's got some fantastic arcade conversions if you do.

CraigsBar

Well only if it works out cheaper than the expansions to her Electron to add a floppy drive and a decent amount of RAM

beaker

Oh God yeah, I bought a refurbished "Hotrodded" BBC Micro from TheCorfiot over on Amibay for less than it cost me for my Plus 1 interface and PRES disk interface for the Electron. From memory, the other thing is the ROM for the DOS resides in memory so it means some games won't run off disk unless there's a patched version. The only game that you'll miss on the Beeb is Boxer, Repton is full screen and other games run much nicer on the Beeb. The TurboMMC is amazing. I mounted mine internally. It's also dead easy to hook up the HxC to the Beeb. Honestly, my first computer was an Electron but I'd much rather use a BBC Micro these days.

CraigsBar

Quote from: beaker on 21:39, 01 October 14
Oh God yeah, I bought a refurbished "Hotrodded" BBC Micro from TheCorfiot over on Amibay for less than it cost me for my Plus 1 interface and PRES disk interface for the Electron. From memory, the other thing is the ROM for the DOS resides in memory so it means some games won't run off disk unless there's a patched version. The only game that you'll miss on the Beeb is Boxer, Repton is full screen and other games run much nicer on the Beeb. The TurboMMC is amazing. I mounted mine internally. It's also dead easy to hook up the HxC to the Beeb. Honestly, my first computer was an Electron but I'd much rather use a BBC Micro these days.
I used BBC B and Masters at school - The doomsday disc was amazing (Yes I am *that* old) but never had one of my own, I was given a cpc 464 for christmas 1984, and have had at leasr 1 amstrad ever since... currently I have 3 plusses and 2 CPC 6128's!

Is there room for a beeb, perhaps next year LOL.

ralferoo

Just in case you missed the important detail, that auction doesn't actually include the BBC computer. It's a rare (LOL, sorry but I think it's actually true this time!) 32016 expansion board with a (whopping for the time) 1MB of RAM. Back in the day, this expansion would have cost about 5 times the price of the computer...

beaker

Meh, before he relisted it it finished at £206 so I think he's still overpriced it  :laugh: I only suggested a low price as I am tight b*****d  :laugh:

BBC Micro Model - Cambridge Co Processor 32016 - Cheese Wedge | eBay

It is a nice bit of kit though,

Bryce

Quote from: beaker on 21:39, 01 October 14

It's also a lot neater than an Acorn with several additions, cables etc. The Master has it all in one unit (although a rather large one).

The Co-pro expansion is rare, but only really good for collection purposes. I don't think there's much software that actually made use of it.

Bryce.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Bryce on 22:51, 01 October 14
It's also a lot neater than an Acorn with several additions, cables etc. The Master has it all in one unit (although a rather large one).

The Co-pro expansion is rare, but only really good for collection purposes. I don't think there's much software that actually made use of it.

Bryce.
The Z80 CoPro was required for CP/M surely? or did acorn doa deal to port the whole OS to the Beeb Architecture, thus restricting all compatible software?

beaker

I think there was a version of elite that used it as well wasn't there?

TFM

Let me know when you guys see one of these HD64180 coprozessor cards for the CPC ;-) I only saw it once in my lifetime.

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Bryce

Quote from: CraigsBar on 22:56, 01 October 14
The Z80 CoPro was required for CP/M surely? or did acorn doa deal to port the whole OS to the Beeb Architecture, thus restricting all compatible software?

Yeah, but I don't really need CP/M on my Beeb. Never heard of the Elite version for it.

Bryce.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Bryce on 08:30, 02 October 14
Yeah, but I don't really need CP/M on my Beeb. Never heard of the Elite version for it.

Bryce.
I wonder what extra the z80 brought to beeb elite. As I recall that normal BBC b version was brilliant.

beaker

BBC Micro expansion unit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ah, looks like it was only the 6502 wedge that had special versions of Elite and Revs and not the Z80 or Acorn Cambridge Co-Processor we're talking about.  :-[