News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigsBar

As I have both the Wide mouth and narrow mouth drives, I must admit I prefer the aesthetics of the later drives, withthe simplified loading tray (Only tilting rather than fully raising then lowering the disc) I personally prefer the 5v drives from the plus, firstly they are 5v (D'oh statement of the bleeding obvious), but also being newer I guess then seem to run quieter with more 'feel' in the loading action.

I swear my original plus drive would spit the disc out like a toaster and you had to catch it mid flight!!

Craig
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

TFM

IMHO Plus drives break more often then the old ones. But that's just my personal experience.

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

CraigsBar

Hmmm, I've got 4 here, all working fine. 2 in 6128pluses and 2 in Cpc 6128s. All working perfectly.

Bryce

TFM

Quote from: Optimus on 11:38, 09 December 14
Amstrad CPC 6128 (US model : rare ?) vintage 8-bit computer | eBay

Was there a US model?

Sure, the 6128 was presented in USA first (first computer show). I wrote about the US monitor here:[nb]But sometimes people prefer to give me shit while I'm banned, instead of actually reading what I wrote.  ;) [/nb]
http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/amstrad-cpc-hardware/the-schneider-amstrad-cpc-in-the-usa-means-60-hz-and-110-volts/msg84108/#msg84108
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Bryce

Gryzor

€773?!? !? !? I guess there are Spanish Commodore users, too :D

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 10:05, 18 December 14
Relatively rare.. but is it worth THAT much???

Commodore Max Machine Ultimax sehr selten very rare OVP boxed | eBay

Bryce.

Serial number 37.xxx haha, not soooo rare then. 510 Basic bytes, seriously? Plastic foil keyboard? huh!

It's ... Kotzmodore as we say ;-)
TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

The serial numbers were probably shared between EU (VIC 10), USA (Ultimax) and Japan (Max), but that's a Japanese labelled one. No idea how many were made, but the only difference is the label and the RF signal, otherwise it's a completely normal VIC 10.

Bryce.

TFM

So you need 120 of them to be 1/2 close to the 800XL.  :P  [nb]No, I have the heck no idea what I'm talking. But I like CPC and 8 bit Atari.[/nb]
TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

The VIC 10 was more or less a 4K C64 without the built in BASIC, so decide for yourself how powerful it was.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Wasn't it an abject failure when it launched?

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 09:46, 20 December 14
Wasn't it an abject failure when it launched?

I believe so. A Commodore collector friend of mine has also told me that the Japanese version is the most common one to find, the EU and US versions are rarer.

Bryce.

Terje_Norway

Hi,

Have a look at the following.  :D 
According to the description it's a kind of russian "Amstrad" ( ::) ) computer :

Details about   rare soviet 8 bit pc "Partner"    amstrad zx spectrum msx atari

rare soviet 8 bit pc "Partner" amstrad zx spectrum msx atari | eBay

Perhaps someone can say something interesting about it. It doesn't look like the seller know to much either.

Yours

Terje Grind
NORWAY

Bryce

It's a commercial clone of the "Radio 86RK, originally designed as a DIY project for Radio Magazine. There were several others. However I doubt it has much in common with the CPC, as I think they were based on an 8080 Clone CPU. They're not that rare either, they come up relatively often.

Bryce.

Edit: Here's some limited info on it: Radio-86RK (Russia) - Computing History

Bryce

Gryzor

Not THAT one again!!!!!

CraigsBar

Out of my budget for a Cpc 664. Good luck to to all future bidders. 191462078875

Gryzor

Border_7

A proper 464 Schneider down under (don't see these down here hardly ever!!!)

current bid $11 !! Wow.

Amstrad Schneider CPC 464 Computer Rare Model Excellent Working Condition | eBay

01000001 01101101 01110011 01110100 01110010
01100001 01100100
01000011 01101111 01101101 01110000 01110101
01110100 01101001 01101110 01100111

Optimus

Dk Tronics mouse

Does it work with old mouses with serial connection?
Is it supported in SymbOS?
Is it worth it?

Bryce

How about this: 2 Stück Joystick-/Computermaus für Atari, Schneider, Commodore C64, VC20, C128

You even get two of them and it works on the CPC, C64 or Atari XL/XE!

Bryce.

Munchausen

Quote from: Optimus on 15:48, 19 February 15
Dk Tronics mouse

Does it work with old mouses with serial connection?
Is it supported in SymbOS?
Is it worth it?

It's a BusMouse interface, which uses serial connectors (DE-9) but has a different logical/electrical connection than serial mice (and are also what the PCW 16 uses). Bus mice are pretty rare and expensive things themselves these days, and you wont find an optical one, so it's not a terribly useful piece of kit really, only worth it if you want to collect these things I recon. As to SymbOS support, I couldn't say.