News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Looking for a GX4000

Started by Julian Solo, 21:01, 19 February 20

Previous topic - Next topic

Julian Solo

As the title says i'm looking for a working GX4000, boxed with controllers at a reasonable price.
Haven't had many luck on ebay

GUNHED

What's a reasonable price in 2020?

http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

Skunkfish

An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Julian Solo

Most depends on shipping costs. I think up to 100£ (except shipping) would be a reasonable price for me if the unit is in good shape.

TotO

New old stock for 40£ was the price 2 years ago.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Julian Solo

Yes i found some older posts while searching on amibay but as of today, at least on ebay, they sell at crazy prices. Even found one here in italy labeled as new that sells for a whopping 350€ (more than 290£). I just want a console in accetable shape to use along a c4cpc card.

dragon

I think the people is speculating a lot, the more cheap I view now locally. Are 140e.+shippement.

TotO

All those peoples are asshole...
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

GUNHED

WoW! Crazy! Never expected more that 50 Euros.
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

Skunkfish

I'm working on an eBay feature and have been tracking sold prices over the past few months:

ConditionHigh price rangeMedium Price RangeBargain Price
GX4000 console (boxed with Burning Rubber & pads)Excellent condition (e.g. boxed with manuals, no discolouration, as new)£120-140£100-£120<£100
GX4000 console (boxed with Burning Rubber & pads)Good condition£80-100£60-80<£60
GX4000 console (console only, no pads)Good condition£40-60£30-40<£30
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Skunkfish

This is at £72.00 but actually includes 4 additional games (no box for the console unfortunately) that would fetch almost that alone...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/amstrad-gx4000/124087539159?hash=item1ce43195d7:g:CLAAAOSwiLZeSwXK

dragon

¿Have you asked to trade in post  if they have someone?.

I think they don't have update entirely the shop.

https://www.tradeinpost.com/product/gx4000-games-consul/

In the old times they not speculate.

Julian Solo

Thank you, i left a comment. Hopefully someone will answer.

Julian Solo

Found one from a private seller in Italy complete boxed with scart cable and a eprom(?) card with 24 games loaded for 169€ shipped. Unfortunately he doesn't accept paypay so i don't think i will take the risk as i have been already scammed on ebay :(

mr_lou

Have you tried asking on Amibay?

People there are sometimes eager to trade. Someone might have a GX4000 they'd be willing to trade for something else.

You got anything people might want in return?  :)

Personally, I'm looking for mediaboxes that can play blu-ray (with full BD-J menus) from harddisk and/or USB. Like Egreat devices, or Netgear NeoTV 550, or Popcorn Hour A-300 / C-300, or Dune HD Smart D1, or QNAP NMP-1000P.

tjohnson

For a machine that was derided prices do seem to have risen  in the last year although there seems no shortage of machines so I wonder why really.  The games are rarer with some of the rare titles reaching several hundred quid now, I would like to have a compete collection but no chance in willing to spend the kind of money since I'd the games go for now, mystical is a crap game and last one I saw sold for about 250 quid.

dragon

If I view some cheap here I advise you.

Julian Solo

Thank you all for your advices

Julian Solo

Bought another unit (again from a british seller) while i'm still waiting for the refund for the first one. Again it doesn't work!
I tryed first with c4cpc card and a suitable psu (suggested by gerard himself) and the power led console blinks for few seconds then stays on but no video/audio comes out (tryed on two different tvs). With the original psu it doesn't even power on. Maybe i just have to give up on gx4000. Any advice will be appreciated :(

siccoyote

Only did you make sure you plugged the power in the right socket and you shouldn't even try the original PSU, that should go in the trash.

dragon

Test another cartridge that c4cpc don't come with burning rubber?.

And try connect headphones with a game cartridge.

gerald

Quote from: Julian Solo on 02:23, 07 March 20
Bought another unit (again from a british seller) while i'm still waiting for the refund for the first one. Again it doesn't work!
I tryed first with c4cpc card and a suitable psu (suggested by gerard himself) and the power led console blinks for few seconds then stays on but no video/audio comes out (tryed on two different tvs). With the original psu it doesn't even power on. Maybe i just have to give up on gx4000. Any advice will be appreciated :(
If the GX4000 LED blinks, that mean the power supply is triggerering  its overcurrent protection. 
There is no doubt that something is failing in there.
As proposed for the 1st one, you can ship it to me and I will check what's wrong and see if we can fix it.

Julian Solo

Unfortunately it didn't came with any game cartridge so i tested it with c4cpc cart. Think i plugged in the right socket as the original psu only fit only in one socket but i powered it using the other psu. As a game collector never happened to me to buy a faulty console let alone two in a row :(

doesitmatter

That's so unlucky. I bought a dirty, untested one and it worked perfectly. I did get a new PSU though.

I know this is an old thread but if you didnt get yourself a GX4000, I wold keep an eye out post UK lockdown, as I think prices might ease a little.
I know little to nothing, so please go easy on my idiocy.