News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Scambay corner!

Started by tjohnson, 21:37, 26 December 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Poliander

Normally I don't care for ridiculous offers, but this one really made me laugh...
www.ebay.com/itm/333110941161
Schneider CPC 664 • X-MEM • Vortex F1-X Drive • CTM 644 • DMP 2160
Schneider CPC 6128 • Z-MEM • M4 Board • MultiPlay + Amiga Mouse • OSSC

VincentGR

The description almost killed me man.

00WReX

The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Gryzor

Well, I do think it's relatively rare, but I also think I'll wait for the 20% offer.

tjohnson

Quote from: Gryzor on 09:35, 09 April 19
Well, I do think it's relatively rare, but I also think I'll wait for the 20% offer.

Its not something I've seen before but I would be looking at a minimum of 90% discount

Poliander

Schneider CPC 664 • X-MEM • Vortex F1-X Drive • CTM 644 • DMP 2160
Schneider CPC 6128 • Z-MEM • M4 Board • MultiPlay + Amiga Mouse • OSSC

tjohnson

Quote from: Poliander on 20:06, 09 April 19
This is even worse than the one with the blanket lately...

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Amstrad-CPC-464-Computer-Base-Unit-ONLY-no-Monitor/303120995476?hash=item46936b5494:g:OxMAAOSwxDxcq9Cy

Nice picture, atleast any buyer should get it in tip top condition with the bubble wrap.

260Z

VincentGR

I have two of them, hhhmmm

tjohnson

Quote from: 260Z on 01:54, 01 June 19
Best laugh I've had in a long time...  :laugh:

Wow bargain assume it comes loaded with gold bullion or something

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.fr%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F293107962278

ASiC

00WReX

Here is the English translation for that 'rare box'.

QuoteGood condition of this rare Amstrad CTM 644 screen packaging cardboard (Full Color Display Unit Monitor model CTM644)

Prototype model for marketing in Europe.

Light Green Writing

Box only Light green.

Condition: Used

42 cm high
43 cm / 44.5 cm

Traces of adhesive, some impacts and tears (see photos)

International shipping possible.

So they are even indicating that it is a rare prototype box ??
The only reason I can assume they think it is rare is because the print is in Green and not the Red of the English box,
As far as I am aware, the boxes were colour coded to regions, so I don't believe there is anything rare about this box.
I know for sure, that the print on the Australian delivered CTM boxes was Blue.
Even the Australian delivered PCW8256/8512 boxs are printed in Blue (where again the English is Red).
So I would think Green is probably normal for France/Europe.
And also, looking at the pictures, there are no poly inserts, and none mentioned in the text.

Maybe this was a simple matter of the decimal point being missed...
surely 2.00 Euro was intended...
or maybe, possibly stretch it to 20.00 Euro if indeed it is a rare prototype cardboard box  :picard: ;D 
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

tjohnson

Quote from: 00WReX on 04:01, 02 June 19
Here is the English translation for that 'rare box'.

So they are even indicating that it is a rare prototype box ??
The only reason I can assume they think it is rare is because the print is in Green and not the Red of the English box,
As far as I am aware, the boxes were colour coded to regions, so I don't believe there is anything rare about this box.
I know for sure, that the print on the Australian delivered CTM boxes was Blue.
Even the Australian delivered PCW8256/8512 boxs are printed in Blue (where again the English is Red).
So I would think Green is probably normal for France/Europe.
And also, looking at the pictures, there are no poly inserts, and none mentioned in the text.

Maybe this was a simple matter of the decimal point being missed...
surely 2.00 Euro was intended...
or maybe, possibly stretch it to 20.00 Euro if indeed it is a rare prototype cardboard box  :picard: ;D

This is probably a good demonstration in what is wrong in ebay and the retro scene, someone selling a box with a value of 5 euro, for 200 euro.  The box could be useful for sending a monitor through the post but it's a box not some sort of archeological treasure.  But ebay provides a market to sell stuff and some will try to profit madly from it.  I read something similar on an amiga forum where there is a particular user on ebay selling amiga stuff for thousands of euros.

Gryzor

I disagree with the part of "sending a monitor through the post". It does have its own value and I'd certainly like to have one. 200 euros? FFS no, but on the other hand it's not just a box.

That reminded me of the time I bought an MP3 tuner, I think, which was almost NOS in its original box. The fucker who sold it to me posted it just in that box which, of course, went through quite a bit. Fucker.

ComSoft6128

Hi Gryzor,

You swearing - that's unusual - must have really pissed you off.
Anyway,  you're post made remember that I was going to send off to you (last year) an MP3 tuner that was lying in the "Amstrad cupboard from Hell" but unfortunately it got lost amongst all the other stuff I was posting at that time.

Can you still use it?

Cheers,

Peter

PS
Regarding the cardboard box - everyone here is missing the point - the seller is behaving responsibly by "recycling" it :D

Bryce

I have a GT64 box in perfect condition and with the original undamaged polys. I must be rich!!! Now where did I put that Ferrari catalogue....

Bryce.

Gryzor

@ComSoft6128 :Yeah, that was a bad experience especially since the mp3 itself was in a bad condition... :( If I recall correctly I did get it to work for a bit, but I mostly wanted the box :D

If you still have it then yes I'd love to have it :) And if you've got a box to recyle I'll take care of that as well :D :D

@Bryce : can you put box the box in a box for me please?

ComSoft6128

Cool,

I'll post it off in about a week to ten days. No original box I'm afraid. :(
It is in good condition and was working last time it was used which was about 7 years ago.

Cheers,

Peter

Gryzor

Much, much appreciated :) let me know about the cost, please!!!

ComSoft6128

Will do,

Always glad when some Amstrad kit goes to a good home.

Cheers,

Peter

00WReX

A bit out of my price range.
But someone here may have recently won the lottery  :P

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BATMAN-Amstrad-GX-4000-neuf-NEW-SEALED/382806344996?hash=item5921094524:g:Z9wAAOSwx2Bccu3p

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Gryzor

Just because of the blister? Wow.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Gryzor on 11:25, 20 June 19
Just because of the blister? Wow.
Best keep it in the blister, that way the buyer won't notice the shocking slowdowns on level one when up on the top row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

tjohnson

Quote from: CraigsBar on 14:01, 20 June 19
Best keep it in the blister, that way the buyer won't notice the shocking slowdowns on level one when up on the top row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think the game slows down only the music does

tjohnson

Anyone need a replacement gx4000 burning rubber cartridge?  Yours for a bargain £160.50.  The seller has generously included free postage.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F254407481263