News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Selling my collection of CPC stuff

Started by ralferoo, 08:21, 28 June 19

Previous topic - Next topic

ralferoo

Not really a classified per se, more of a prelude to one, but I'll be moving out of my house soon and moving into a tiny apartment before I move abroad in a year's time. So, I guess it's time to start thinking about getting rid of most or all of my retro gear, especially as I've not touched any of it for about 2 years.

I was thinking of selling it all as a job-lot just to reduce hassle, but I realise this would probably alienate a lot of potentially interested people, so this is more putting out the feelers at this stage. I guess I could also offer up a few of the best things and then sell the rest as a job lot.

I've also not had a chance to audit my collection as most of it is in the loft, but from memory I have something like a 6x 464, maybe 12x 6128, maybe 5x colour monitors, more bags of tape games than I could ever sort through, a couple of sets of system discs, a bunch of "blank" discs (i.e. no idea what's on them!), 3x NC100, 1x Amstrad PC laptop thing, and some miscellaneous CPC hardware. The real prize is a boxed 6128 and colour monitor that's in perfect condition. From what I remember, all the drives need servicing except the 6128 that's in perfect condition. I'd definitely check that one again before selling, just in case it's broken since I last used it.

I've also got a working FD-1 drive, which made me realise that I've also still got the DDI-1 interface I borrowed from MaV about 2-3 years ago. Sorry, I'd totally forgotten about that... So, I guess that's not for sale, unless he's happy for me to sell it and have some money forwarded on to him.

I've also got a load of other retro junk, unrelated to CPCs. 4 N64s (2 UK, 1 US, 1 JP) plus a load of cartridges, and I have a Speccy +2 and C64 knocking around somewhere. Oh, and a load of Sparc 2s and various bits of very old Sun peripherals.

If someone wants the whole lot, let me know and I'll audit it all and try to work out a fair price, otherwise I'll start trying to sell it all piecemeal on ebay and post links here instead...

Oh, and probably UK only just because there's a lot of stuff. Not sure it'd even all fit in a car, but I guess it wouldn't be more than 2 car loads at maximum. I'm based in Coventry, but if transport is a limiting factor, I'd consider driving it all somewhere, as long as it's not massively far away.

GUNHED

Good luck with all the moving! I hope you will have exciting and fun times.  :)

EDIT: if you have a C4CPC, then I would take it.
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

berks

Wow that's quite the collection!

I am in the UK (Reading) and will be happy to buy one or two 6128 (any would do, although you can tempt me with the one in perfect condition that's bundled with the monitor hehe) and maybe a couple 464 too. Open to hear more about the misc hardware and software that you've got around for some impulse shopping :)

Bryce

So what country are you moving to?

Bryce.

robcfg

Would it be possible to take a look at the roms of the NC100s?

I'd like to know if there any rom which isn't dumped.

Also, if you have a NC200, I'd be also interested.

Skunkfish

Strange, looks like he's not been on since making the original post!
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Gryzor

Bryce

I'll give him a call....

Bryce.

Edit: Not answering at the moment, but probably at work.

Gryzor

ralferoo

Yeah, I'm OK. Just busy in the last couple of weeks at work and then went on holiday to China for a month.

I don't know anything about the NC100s really, back when I was accumulating junk I just picked them up for a tenner each. As far as I know they don't have anything special in the ROMs. I've not tried them for about 5 years, and it was a fairly quick test then, but from what I remember there's just a word processor and some other built in apps.

ralferoo

Quote from: berks on 09:54, 04 September 19
I am in the UK (Reading) and will be happy to buy one or two 6128 (any would do, although you can tempt me with the one in perfect condition that's bundled with the monitor hehe) and maybe a couple 464 too. Open to hear more about the misc hardware and software that you've got around for some impulse shopping :)
As per my other post, I haven't done anything about getting the computers out of the loft as I was busy and there didn't seem to be a lot of interest, but as soon as I've cleared some of the junk in my office room, I'll pull them out of the loft and start testing them and working out what I actually have. Might be a few weeks yet as I'm moving to London soon and still haven't done anywhere near enough jobs in my old house yet to facilitate moving out....  :picard:

Skunkfish

Interest here in a 6128 if available, I'm based in Rugby so not far from Cov...
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

LTronic

Interest in the C64 here.
I'm from France so shipping needed just need an estimate.

asertus

Hi, if still any available, interested in a 6128.
Rgds..

ProfessorPike

Also interested in a 6128 + monitor dependent on location and price!!

zeropolis79

Out of interest, if you have a game called Wrestling Superstars by Codemasters on the CPC, I'd be very interested please, price permitting of course.
Thanks

ralferoo

Haha, resurrecting my really old post...

Firstly, sorry to anybody that sent me a PM. I've been down in London for a year, away from all my CPC stuff, and it didn't even occur to me to check the forum, mostly because I was far too busy with my new job, but also because I didn't have any of my computing equipment with me apart from a laptop, so I didn't even think about CPCs!

Anyway, I still have a huge CPC collection that I need to get rid of over the next 6 months before moving the the US (if it ever happens!). I have a couple of weeks before Christmas when I'll try to audit exactly what I have, and if there's nobody interested in a job lot, I'll start trying to sell it piecemeal on amibay or ebay. I did have a couple of PMs asking for one thing or another, but the point of my original message was to try to get shot of everything due to my (then) imminent move. I have a bit more breathing space now, because COVID rules have meant that I can now move back home to work from home, so I'm actually able to (slowly) sort through everything. I have a whole house to empty, not just CPC stuff, so I'd still prefer a job lot if possible, even if that means I only get say half the value, just because it'd mean I don't have to do hundreds of trips to the post office for a single item at a time!

If anybody is desperate for single items in the mean time, give me a shout and maybe I can sort you out.

Bryce

Welcome back Ralf.

Bryce.

Gryzor