News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Selling some of my collection

Started by Maniac, 23:53, 16 February 20

Previous topic - Next topic

Maniac

In order to make space and allow someone else to get some pleasure from these items (rather than collect dust in my office) I'm sadly selling some of my Amstrad collection.

If anyone is interested the first batch are now listed on eBay all at 99p starting prices. Although I've had some offers in since I've been listing!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jonnymaniac/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

asertus

I understand you accept grouped delivery to save delivery costs?

Maniac

More than happy to combine things to save on delivery costs yes. If outside the UK I'm not 100% certain what the buyer is charged but in the UK costs will be between £2.95 and approx £4 depending on the combined weight of the package.

tjohnson

norecess464

QuoteIf outside the UK I'm not 100% certain what the buyer is charged

I can tell you how much a Canadian would be charged to send a boxed game from UK: £27.60 .  :picard2:
My personal website: https://norecess.cpcscene.net
My current project is Sonic GX, a remake of Sonic the Hedgehog for the awesome Amstrad GX-4000 game console!

Maniac

Quote from: tjohnson on 09:47, 17 February 20
Got any gx4000 games?
I do but I'm keeping hold of those!

TotO

Quote from: norecess on 14:14, 17 February 20
I can tell you how much a Canadian would be charged to send a boxed game from UK: £27.60 .  :picard2:
The problem is always the same: "Global Shipping Programme"
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Maniac

The next batch of some of my collection will be available on eBay between 19:00 and 21:20 GMT this evening. This time we have Codemasters, Mastertronic (and variants of) and Amsoft titles.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jonnymaniac/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from

All titles start at 99p with the exception of the Amsoft CPC464 bundle due to the number of titles included.

Combined postage will be available.

Bidding in the UK; If you are looking to bid on multiple items from my auctions I'm happy to combine postage and adjust the cost appropriately depending on the weight of the combined items. A combined invoice will be provided where items have not already been paid for.

Bidding outside of the UK; the Global Shipping Programme is used to send items outside the UK, if you are bidding on multiple items and are successful in winning the auctions please ensure you checkout/pay for the items at the same time once they have all finished. Ebay will automatically apply a shipping discount for the Global Shipping Programme. I'm unable to provide a combined invoice in this case but I will refund the appropriate amount of UK postage depending on the weight of the combined items.

Gryzor

Quote from: Maniac on 19:33, 15 March 20
Bidding outside of the UK; the Global Shipping Programme is used to send items outside the UK,

ΝΟΟΟΟΟΟΟΟΟΟ

Bryce

Gryzor

Ridiculous costs, items lost, protective materials removed and items repackaged, late deliveries, you name it. Bryce had warned me at some point, then later I did buy an item from a seller who used GSP. Worst. Experience. Ever.

TotO

GSP is a trap! (I never buy and trust sellers using this system)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Bryce

I've had really expensive equipment destroyed, although the seller had packed it properly. GSP put it in a bigger box with no packaging material at all, so it could bounce around inside and didn't survive. GSP is a reason for me to look for a different seller.

Bryce.

tjohnson

Quote from: Bryce on 13:11, 20 March 20
I've had really expensive equipment destroyed, although the seller had packed it properly. GSP put it in a bigger box with no packaging material at all, so it could bounce around inside and didn't survive. GSP is a reason for me to look for a different seller.

Bryce.

What's the point of repacking items?

Gryzor

Removing protective materials and padding so as to make the package lighter. They benefit, you lose.

Bryce

Actually, they just throw the original parcel as-is into a bigger box. Probably some benefit to having standard box dimensions transport? Either way, the >€1000 frequency counter didn't survive it.

Bryce.

Maniac

The more I read about people's experiences with GSP the less I like it but as a seller it's v convenient. However when I do my next listings I'll review this as I don't want to put people off. Frankly the combined shipping thing is a flipping nightmare and nearly lost me a number of sales in my last batch. Thankfully all the items I've sent this way have arrived safely but point taken.

Maniac

After a long gap my next batch of CPC stuff is now up on eBay. If you're interested please take a look - https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jonnymaniac/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from

There seems to be quite a bit of interest in the items I've listed this time given the number of offers I've already had for things. This batch includes budget titles from Hit Squad, Kixx, Encore and GBH as well as full price titles from Ocean/Imagine, US Gold, Titus and Gremlin.

Taking on advice (and having been burnt by it myself) I'm no longer using Global Shipping Programme and everything is being sent via Royal Mail postage.

Enjoy!

Maniac

Last 24 hours or so left on my eBay listings! Some bargains still to be had! Willing to accept sensible offers - I'm not going to be greedy!

Thank you to any of you that may already be bidding or purchased.

Maniac

My next batch of CPC stuff is now up on eBay. If you're interested please take a look - https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jonnymaniac/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from

This batch includes some classics from Hewson, Activision, Firebird, Mikro Gem and Ultimate Play The Game amongst others.

Once again everything is being sent via Royal Mail postage.

Enjoy!