News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

TZX Duino

Started by Chinnery, 18:12, 25 February 18

Previous topic - Next topic

Chinnery

Hey all,

Ive got one too many txzduinos, so am letting this one go. I've upgraded it to the latest version, 1.9. I'll also include the SD card I've been using which has quite a few "Test" files for the Amstrad... if you get my drift ;)

It's based on Zaxon's TZXduino, so only has sound output - no tape start/stop control.

Looking for £15 + postage for it. Basic UK post is £2.90.

You'll need to supply your own power (Mini USB) and 3.5mm -> Misc connector to your computer of choice.

I've had a lot of success with this, however I can't get the Firebird "Bleep Load" to work, and the output doesn't seem loud enough to use a 3.5mm to cassette adaptor for use with the CPC464's internal tape drive.

The only reason I'm selling is I have one cased.

Gryzor

So this converts files to audio, thus eliminating the need for a tape drive?

Chinnery

Yeah,
On the card is a bunch of CDT files, which it will play back. If you have a tape lead for your 6128 (or a bit of hackery on a 464), you can direct-load CDTs. I've found it to be really good, only tripping up on the occasional CDT - most notable the pesky bleep-load of Firebird.

The device is built more for use with the Spectrum, as there is no tape motor control, but it's great for most single load CPC titles I've thrown at it.

Livingstone

How to connect to the Amstrad CPC464?

XeNoMoRPH

Quote from: Livingstone on 14:30, 15 May 19
Hi !!! my friend !!!  :P
Watch this video , it's a Maxduino , Maxduino is a project based on the TZXDuino

https://youtu.be/hBHXgzU28TM
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Chinnery

Quote from: Livingstone on 14:30, 15 May 19

I did it by cutting into the wires between the tape drive and the motherboard. i'll dig my 464 out and take photos this weekend (if I get time)