News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Wanted: thrust tape for cpc464

Started by CraigsBar, 10:21, 09 January 18

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigsBar

Anyone selling one?

I want to collect all of melvyn wrights musical loaders.

And why not start with the popular ones!

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3t using Tapatalk

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Bryce

I think I actually have two of them. Let me check and I'll get back to you. I'll be in Dublin in a few weeks, so I can bring it over and hand it to you if you have time for a pint (possibly with @Shaun M. Neary too ?).

Bryce.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Bryce on 10:46, 09 January 18
I think I actually have two of them. Let me check and I'll get back to you. I'll be in Dublin in a few weeks, so I can bring it over and hand it to you if you have time for a pint (possibly with @Shaun M. Neary too ?).

Bryce.

Definitely up for this.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

CraigsBar

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 10:56, 09 January 18

Definitely up for this.
Me too!

Bryce

Now that I think of it, I probably have Thrust II on tape aswell. Did it also have loading music?

Bryce.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: CraigsBar on 12:17, 09 January 18
Me too!

We need a new photo of CPC Wiki Ireland representatives. Although I still love the one of myself and Craig performing drunken joystick abuse.
Oh dear. Jim Beam and CraigsBeer. A terrible influence on me to say the least.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

CraigsBar

Quote from: Bryce on 12:21, 09 January 18
Now that I think of it, I probably have Thrust II on tape aswell. Did it also have loading music?

Bryce.
Not that i know of. But the cpc wiki listing seems to be quite incomplete.

Bryce

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 12:30, 09 January 18

We need a new photo of CPC Wiki Ireland representatives. Although I still love the one of myself and Craig performing drunken joystick abuse.

I don't do photos and I'll probably be driving if we're meeting at your place, so whisky (I'll ignore the fact that you drank crappy Bourbon) would be out of the question.

Bryce.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Bryce on 12:55, 09 January 18
I don't do photos and I'll probably be driving if we're meeting at your place, so whisky (I'll ignore the fact that you drank crappy Bourbon) would be out of the question.

Bryce.
The normal pub suits me :)

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Bryce on 12:55, 09 January 18

Bryce.

In general, I actually don't drink. But a night in Craig's is generally a special occasion. When I do drink, I swap between Canadian Club, Chivas Regal and Jack Daniels. Jim Beam was on special offer and I was pretty broke-ass that night, so I went with the rotgut (and paid for that... twice)

Quote from: CraigsBar on 13:07, 09 January 18
The normal pub suits me :)

Me too. Non alcoholic beers are a lot nicer than they were say 20 years ago.  :)

CraigsBar

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 13:49, 09 January 18

Me too. Non alcoholic beers are a lot nicer than they were say 20 years ago.  :)

Oh thanks, all i can think of now are those dire billy connolly kaliber TV ads!

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: CraigsBar on 14:08, 09 January 18

Oh thanks, all i can think of now are those dire billy connolly kaliber TV ads!

You'd better not be plucking your pheasant!

Bryce

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 14:22, 09 January 18

You'd better not be plucking your pheasant!

I pretty sure that I don't want to know what that means!!  ???

Bryce.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Bryce on 14:26, 09 January 18

Bryce.

https://youtu.be/GvgQb34KW_Q

Explains it all!

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Bryce on 14:26, 09 January 18

Bryce.

It's from an old Billy Connolly Kaliber ad from the early 90s.

"I'm not a pheasant plucker, I'm a pheasant pluckers son and I'm only plucking pheasant 'til the pheasant plucker comes!"

Bryce

Billy Connolly is great. My favourite quote from him: "I've always wondered.. The guy who discovered you could drink cows milk.... What exactly was he trying to do when he made the discovery??"

Bryce.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Bryce on 14:37, 09 January 18
Billy Connolly is great. My favourite quote from him: "I've always wondered.. The guy who discovered you could drink cows milk.... What exactly was he trying to do when he made the discovery??"

Bryce.

I believe the exact quote was "Who discovered you could get milk from cows, and what did he think he was doing at the time?"  ;)

I think that was from his Albert Hall performance in 87, but I could be wrong on that.

Bryce

Yeah, I just guessed the exact words. He used it at more than one show obviously, because I was at a live show of his when I heard it and I certainly haven't ever been in the Albert Hall!

Bryce.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Bryce on 14:47, 09 January 18
Yeah, I just guessed the exact words. He used it at more than one show obviously, because I was at a live show of his when I heard it and I certainly haven't ever been in the Albert Hall!

Bryce.

Ah yeah, he's recycled pretty much all of his material more than once.

00WReX

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary

Best get a 'before pub' photo  :-X

And the walk home may resemble one of these walks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw_1smOSC_E

Cheers,
Shane

The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Gryzor

Is this a drunk thread? What were we talking about??

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 17:43, 13 January 18
Is this a drunk thread? What were we talking about??

It wouldn't be the first time.

Bryce.

Gryzor