News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Where's up, dog? (Looking to buy up arrow key for 464)

Started by Triggerhappy, 10:38, 12 July 20

Previous topic - Next topic

Triggerhappy

So, after the 6128 is running again I picked up a 464 on Ebay. As far as I can see, it's the UK version, and probably an early one (large mainboard, keyboard connected with wires instead of a flimsy ribbon cable).  It's not in great condition. The keyboard is discolored, some keys are broken off, and unfortunately, the up arrow key is missing completely.

Does anybody have a spare he or she would be willing to sell?

Here's a photo of the keyboard, since I know there are different versions of this machine out there.

Also: What are recommended upgrades for a 464? I don't think I want to work with a cassettes ...

Gryzor

Unfortunately I don't have an up arrow key, only a spare left arrow. Bummer.

Just kidding, will take a look later today and see if I have a leftover from my fridge magnets project.

Triggerhappy

Thank you! If not, I am pretty sure I will be able to copy one of the other keys. I will have to make a couple new inserts anyway (the cross-shaped plugs on the bottom of the keys) since some of them split when I took off the keys to clean everything. I was careful, promise, but the plastic is insanely brittle and pretty much just falls apart at the slightest touch.