News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

WTB CPC 464 or 6128

Started by Animalgril987, 21:03, 10 November 20

Previous topic - Next topic

Animalgril987

Hi. Does anyone have a 464 or 6128 in GWO, with colour monitor ( or modulator/ PSU)  that they no longer need? Many moons ago ( early 90s) my 6128's disc drive broke, and not having access to only spares suppliers, I stupidly binned 5he whole lot. Now I want to get back into having CPC. I'll pay a reasonable price, but not Amazon's "collectibles" prices!

Thanks in advance.  :)

Skunkfish

An all too common fate I fear...

If only people knew, that when they chucked their CPCs away to replace with a £1000 PC, that 25 years on the Amstrad would be worth more.
Good luck on your quest!
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

GUNHED

Yes, and some still waste 1000 for the PC, but everything CPC is considered "too expansive".

Get a 6128 on ebay, that's about 100 or so. A very decent and neat price.
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

Animalgril987

Animalgril987

Quote from: GUNHED on 23:31, 10 November 20Get a 6128 on ebay, that's about 100 or so. A very decent and neat price.
Yep. Just tried that and got the equivalent of "gazumped" by someone putting in a massively hiked bid with about 5 seconds to go!

tjohnson

Quote from: Animalgril987 on 20:21, 12 November 20ped" by someone putting

Look for local collection only that normally brings the price to more reasonable levels but it does help if you are local and able to collect!

Animalgril987

Quote from: tjohnson on 01:57, 13 November 20Look for local collection only that normally brings the price to more reasonable levels but it does help if you are local and able to collect!
Many thanks. I have now received a 464 off eBay. The tape deck needs servicing, and the monitor is for a 664/6128, but apart from that, and a fair amount of grime, it all works ok.i have a tape deck service kit on order, and I will replace the monitor with a flat screen TV and 5v PSU. ( TV, PSU and CPC to SCART cable all on order).  :D

Update 4/12/20: Cables, PSU and device kit have arrived. I had to get an idler wheel o ring, as well, but now we have fully functioning 464!!