News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

3500 posts!!! And some data

Started by Gryzor, 09:36, 23 September 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Wow guys... wow. It's quite something...

And since we're at it, some stats:

According to Google Analytics, we're averaging about 450 unique visits daily. Some 80000 unique visits since the beginning of the year. This is a nice 54% more than it was last year, and you can see the graph, though to be fair towards the end of the summer last year we had our issues with a certain user/host, which really cost us.

What is really interesting is that about 20% of the visits* comes from referring sites and a whopping 40% from Search Engines!!!
I think this shows real potential if we manage to do some proper SEO with the site and promote it properly...

In terms of visitors, Firefox is used by a 51%, IE by only a 23% and Chrome (9.6%) has surpassed Opera (7.6%).
86% of us use Windows, 6.5% Linux and only 5% of us are pretentious enough to browse on a Mac ;) . Hey! There's one visit from BeOS!

The country listing is always an interesting read: 19.5% are from the UK, Germany is up there with 17.5% and the rest of the top countries is no surprise: France 13%%, Spain 12%, Australia 5%, Greece 4.5%. The bottom of the list is very interesting, of course, as there are a total of 142 countries that sent visits to us during the examined period. Even Borat visited 4 times!

Anyway, I'm adding GA's report for your entertainment. Feel free to discuss :)

Gryzor

*the report says 30%, but about one-third of that is referred by our own domain. I don't know why Google adds these clicks to the referring sites)

Ygdrazil

Great news and an interesting read!

/Ygdrazil

Quote from: Gryzor on 09:36, 23 September 10
Wow guys... wow. It's quite something...

And since we're at it, some stats:

According to Google Analytics, we're averaging about 450 unique visits daily. Some 80000 unique visits since the beginning of the year. This is a nice 54% more than it was last year, and you can see the graph, though to be fair towards the end of the summer last year we had our issues with a certain user/host, which really cost us.

What is really interesting is that about 20% of the visits* comes from referring sites and a whopping 40% from Search Engines!!!
I think this shows real potential if we manage to do some proper SEO with the site and promote it properly...

In terms of visitors, Firefox is used by a 51%, IE by only a 23% and Chrome (9.6%) has surpassed Opera (7.6%).
86% of us use Windows, 6.5% Linux and only 5% of us are pretentious enough to browse on a Mac ;) . Hey! There's one visit from BeOS!

The country listing is always an interesting read: 19.5% are from the UK, Germany is up there with 17.5% and the rest of the top countries is no surprise: France 13%%, Spain 12%, Australia 5%, Greece 4.5%. The bottom of the list is very interesting, of course, as there are a total of 142 countries that sent visits to us during the examined period. Even Borat visited 4 times!

Anyway, I'm adding GA's report for your entertainment. Feel free to discuss :)

Gryzor

*the report says 30%, but about one-third of that is referred by our own domain. I don't know why Google adds these clicks to the referring sites)

redbox

Quote from: Gryzor on 09:36, 23 September 10

People accessing http://cpcwiki.eu are probably being referred to http://www.cpcwiki.eu ...?

You can state this in Analytics somewhere...

Gryzor

Quote from: redbox on 15:18, 23 September 10
People accessing http://cpcwiki.eu are probably being referred to http://www.cpcwiki.eu ...?

You can state this in Analytics somewhere...

Ah- didn't think of that. Hmmm... I'll look into it.

If anyone's interested in more detailed stats I'll be happy to provide them...

AMSDOS

Gryzor wrote:

Well what can I say?!  :-[  I only use my Mac for Special Occassions! But Macs have sort of made that connection with PCs in they can run Windows as well, so really how can you tell?  ;)  I suppose frame of mind would be to only purchase a Mac to run a proper MacOS on it - seems silly to buy a Mac and choose Windows as the OS!!  ???

Sorry I don't know where Borat is!!  :(  The suprise one which is missing there is Canada, I thought they were like Australia in that there was a market there with the Original CPCs!  :-\
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Gryzor

Well, maybe my phrasing was wrong - Windows is Windows by definition, by Mac I meant (and should have said) MacOS. Underlying hardware cannot be detected, I guess!!!

Canada is less than 1% with 750 visits during the same period... never heard anything about CPCs in Canada!

AMSDOS

Gryzor wrote:

Well, maybe my phrasing was wrong - Windows is Windows by definition, by Mac I meant (and should have said) MacOS. Underlying hardware cannot be detected, I guess!!!

Sorry - didn't mean to sound like I'm a nitpicker! :( I knew what you meant! ;D

Canada is less than 1% with 750 visits during the same period... never heard anything about CPCs in Canada!

Hmm, maybe I'm mistakin for New Zealand. Back in CPCs day I think there were a couple of letters in AA which came from Canada, though they might have been people who lived in Europe and just moved to Canada with their computer.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3