News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

About the downtime

Started by Gryzor, 08:41, 28 September 21

Previous topic - Next topic

XeNoMoRPH

mmm, honestly, I do not like that this is seen in every post, I see it confusing.
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Gryzor

Yeah, my thought about removing most of them. But what would the alternative be to "appearing in every post"?

Z|G

Too many.

Maybe, Funny, Informative, and Thumbs up. All these sum up 99% of topics.
1xCPC6128, 1xTandy Model 4, 1xC64 (IN BOX)

Sykobee (Briggsy)

It would be nice if the reaction was not where it is with that big blob border. Maybe if it could be on the right of the comment instead.

Gryzor

Definitely not doing such manual hacks while we're on 'maintain' mode :D Though I agree, the one thing I want to avoid is editing the sources until the upgrade comes.

If people don't like it, away it goes :)

reidrac

Quote from: Gryzor on 10:32, 08 October 21
Yeah, my thought about removing most of them. But what would the alternative be to "appearing in every post"?

I guess it is a bit "in the way" and it looks a bit like is part of the post itself. It is a bit weird TBH :D
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

1024MAK

If moving it or doing anything fancy means having to do manual hacks, best leave it as it is.

It currently looks a little odd, but most people will get used to it in it's current position.

However, the animation is the most irritating part for me. Is there an option for a static version?

Mark
Looking forward to summer in Somerset :-)

Gryzor

Yes, I could upload another icon, but current likes will be lost. Oh well.

Targhan

I consider "Likes" to be the black plague of this century, and now they're back with a vengeance! :). A big animated icon is a bit too invasive, in my opinion :).
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

ComSoft6128

As a member I can use the "Show unread posts since last visit" option but before logging in that option isn't displayed on the screen - so are visitors limited to this uniformity?

Gryzor

Might be a permission somewhere, send me an email and I'll check it out at some point🙂

And yes the animated icon is pretty invasive. Not sure I can easily modify size though, will have to look.