News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Wiki and WebCPC

Started by Octoate, 16:46, 25 September 09

Previous topic - Next topic

Octoate

Hi,
I already saw that there are now some articles in the Wiki which directly includes the WebCPC emulator. That's nice, but as I told here in the forum, I don't like pages that slow down because the browser needs to load the Java VM. Because of this, we created the "WebCPC forum solution" with the small JavaScript which only loads the Java applet if you click on an image. In an articles of the CPC Wiki the WebCPC emulator should have the same behavioural. Maybe it is possible to create a template for the WebCPC emulator which can be used in the articles, but it shouldn't be loaded everytime you access a page (currently it will even load if you access an diff in the history page).
--

Ygdrazil

HI Octoat

It's me who has been playing arround with the webCPC applet! (And where embedded in the articles the applets will be removed again)
I completly agree with you, cpcwiki articles should by default not load the webCPC plugin. This because, as you noticed browers behave very differently to applets. (And different platforms for that matter).

However I was considdering programming af javascript that implements a button the reader can press and then a frame expands and the webCPC applet is loaded. This script could then be embedded into an article.

/ygdrazil

Quote from: Octoate on 16:46, 25 September 09
Hi,
I already saw that there are now some articles in the Wiki which directly includes the WebCPC emulator. That's nice, but as I told here in the forum, I don't like pages that slow down because the browser needs to load the Java VM. Because of this, we created the "WebCPC forum solution" with the small JavaScript which only loads the Java applet if you click on an image. In an articles of the CPC Wiki the WebCPC emulator should have the same behavioural. Maybe it is possible to create a template for the WebCPC emulator which can be used in the articles, but it shouldn't be loaded everytime you access a page (currently it will even load if you access an diff in the history page).

Gryzor

You mean load a pop-up or do some inline trickery? Pop-ups are a pet peave of mine, but it'd be much easier to implement...