News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

rss feed

Started by arnoldemu, 11:36, 03 September 10

Previous topic - Next topic

arnoldemu

I am trying the rss feed from the forum.
Maybe it will stop me visiting so often to find no changes  :P

I use it with Outlook. I see part of the message (which is ok), but never see who wrote the message. Always it is from "CPCWiki Forum", and never I see the author of the post.

I looked and I can't find any other columns to add that would give me this info

So????

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

AMSDOS

I know nothing about RSS Feed, but I remember reading some about this (personally it doesn't worry me since there's always something on CPCWiki I can whinge about  ::) ), anyhow it talked about how people's details were being revealed through the feed (again doesn't worry me since my email is spam proof!  ;) ), so perhaps there's a connection between what was going on there, and what's happening now?  :-\
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Gryzor

Yes, it seems it's not there... I think this is just how it's planned. I'll ask if I can add the username to the RSS item's title, maybe...

arnoldemu

Quote from: Gryzor on 10:03, 06 September 10
Yes, it seems it's not there... I think this is just how it's planned. I'll ask if I can add the username to the RSS item's title, maybe...
The username would be fine, I don't need anything else. So hopefully this is not leaking some information we would not allow out.
My games. My Games

Gryzor

I think it's a matter of locating which file controls what is posted in the rss and collating the user name there. Already asked at the SMF fora and am waiting for a reply... :)

arnoldemu

The RSS feed took the weekend off, well I didn't receive any RSS from saturday or sunday here at work. But maybe that is the way the software works...

I am sure it does work because I saw the updates on genesis8.

:laugh:
My games. My Games

Gryzor

arnoldemu

Quote from: Gryzor on 10:32, 11 October 10
Hmmm? http://cpcwiki.eu/forum/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml appears to be working fine for me??
the rss feed for the forum mostly works well now.

i thought I read that there was an rss for the wiki which tells you the new changes?
How can I get this?
My games. My Games

Gryzor

Glad to hear it works now :)

As for the changes RSS, it's the main page's feed, which leads to http://cpcwiki.eu/index.php?title=Special:RecentChanges&feed=atom