News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Demos articles

Started by Gryzor, 09:05, 06 January 07

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Please, when making a demo article (of which category we have so many! Yea!), please do try to add as much info as possible - the most important being a link to the demo itself!

Gry

Ygdrazil

Hi

To my knowledge there are two major CPC demo repository's:

1. The LIP6 with about 750 entry's
2. The lib at www.cpcscene.com with about the same number of entry's!

I will link to these repository's for future entry's on the CPCWIKI.

Does anybody else know if there is any other repository's out there?

Regards,
/Ygdrazil

Gryzor

Pouet.net? I usually just google it and then link to the file...

Ygdrazil

Hi,

I have created a new category called download, it is supposed to contain the demos that has external download links.

If someone encounters a problem; A link is broken or the link refers to a wrong archive, please correct the problem yourself or leave a comment in the article and i will correct the problem asap!

Regards,
Ygdrazil!

Gryzor

I'm not sure that's correct... I would think that a "Downloads" category would have hosted files, not just links to other servers...?

Gryzor

Ooohhh!!!!!! Mind posting it on the wiki instead of here? :)

Optimus

I've just added the main address of my CPC Demoscene page to the links section. Sorry for being so late, the stupid army and inactivity and so on..

..there are other sections in my website, in demos for example, like http://optimus.demoscene.gr/cpcscene/demos/ where I have all CPC demos I could find categorized in folders with year of release. A lot of work in the past cause I had to watch each of them through an emulator till I find info about their release date and there are sevreal unknown ones. Generally I had many plans about this website (like actually making it an dynamic database like Pouet where you can search CPC demos by year, group, coder, musician, graphician, votes, comments and more. That would be interesting I think to see CPC demo activity by these factors!). but real life, army and other stuff came into and never started this project (the current review "database" of the 50 demos here was written in pure html a long time ago, a pain in the ass ;P), maybe when I finish with the army in August and go on with my life, I will find some time to finish every CPC project I have left (and code some new demos too :). I will be back  ;D

Great work here! I wish I had more time now to contribute to the wiki..

Gryzor

Heya mate, hold on in there, August is not far away, and the wiki will be here even then!

Thanks for the link, btw :)