News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Excellent Pages

Started by TFM, 03:56, 20 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

Well, I suggest that we introduce a category "Excellent Pages".

I had the idea when I just have been taking a look at the MegaFlash page. WoW! This pages is what I call excellent!

What do you think?
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

AMSDOS

Quote from: TFM/FS on 03:56, 20 September 11
Well, I suggest that we introduce a category "Excellent Pages".

I had the idea when I just have been taking a look at the MegaFlash page. WoW! This pages is what I call excellent!

What do you think?

It's a nice idea to be able to group all the Excellent Pages and have them put into a category. Just feel it needs to be in a place where it's easily accessed and not hidden away, categories would be fine for this though and in terms of what the content matter is, perhaps it needs to be in a group, so when it comes to style and layout they are grouped so others can follow that template when it comes to designing their pages.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Bryce

Why don't we just spend more time making all the other pages excellent, then we don't need to highlight anything with a category, we just have an excellent Wiki :D

For me, presentation is important. It's no good having tons of information, that's not easy to read. A page should be pleasing to the eye with well taken colourful pictures throughout (Where possible), logically sorted so that it's easy to read / find the information you need and properly linked, so that you can quickly reference other pages. If we clean up the not-so-well written pages it would improve the quality of the Wiki, the quantity of content is already fantastic.

Bryce.

@TFM: Thanks :)

Gryzor

I find this an excellent idea. Of course, what Bryce says is the goal, but it's not easily attainable. There are now almost 4000 articles (who would have believed this when we started the wiki?). Yes, not every one of them is of the same standard (and there are many many stubs), but having a collection of "Read these first!" for the casual visitor would be something interesting and very nice to have. It doesn't mean we shouldn't stop trying to make existing articles better.

Easy to do, too; nominate pages, assign a category, then place a link on the front page.

After all, not all of us have a baby keeping us up at night :D