News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

FAQ

Started by Gryzor, 12:58, 30 August 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

FAQ
For quite a few years I've been thinking of the renaissance of the classic csa8 FAQ. For those who don't know, this was the original Amstrad 8-bit newsgroup dating back to 1994. This was the first CPC community I had visited, probably around '95 or '96, and although it still exists, it only gets a post once in a month or two nowadays.

A very prominent feature of that (any many others') newsgroup was its FAQ. I always had a soft spot for it, reading and re-reading it, and I'd really like to see it reappear in an updated form.

As far as I can see, the latest version available is 1.32. I've said it before but there was not much interest - who would like to see it incorporated, expanded and updated as part of the wiki? I could set it up and transcribe the current version, but there's so much that's new stuff that it'll take some work to get it up to date...

So, any takers?

Ygdrazil

Hi There...

I have also been thinking about a resurrection of CSA8 FAQ for years!

The WIKI would be an ideal place to place it!

I will have a look and see what can be done!

Regards,
/Ygdrazil

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:58, 30 August 17
For quite a few years I've been thinking of the renaissance of the classic csa8 FAQ. For those who don't know, this was the original Amstrad 8-bit newsgroup dating back to 1994. This was the first CPC community I had visited, probably around '95 or '96, and although it still exists, it only gets a post once in a month or two nowadays.

A very prominent feature of that (any many others') newsgroup was its FAQ. I always had a soft spot for it, reading and re-reading it, and I'd really like to see it reappear in an updated form.

As far as I can see, the latest version available is 1.32. I've said it before but there was not much interest - who would like to see it incorporated, expanded and updated as part of the wiki? I could set it up and transcribe the current version, but there's so much that's new stuff that it'll take some work to get it up to date...

So, any takers?

Gryzor

Yes! I think it'd be perfect too. Funny thing is, for a while I was trying to find a good FAQ platform to build it on until it occurred to me, duh, the wiki is perfectly suitable for it...

The thing is, porting the existing FAQ to it would be easy - feel free to try experimenting if you want, I'll give it a go tomorrow. But taking it a step farther... that'll require the input of lots of people.

genesis8

Count me in to update the FAQ once it's on the wiki.

Gryzor

Ok then, initial version posted at http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/FAQ_-_Frequently_Asked_Questions .

I'm slowly working with its formatting, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hykadimako

I do not think I'll find a very interesting post.

Gryzor

Quote from: Hykadimako on 07:58, 19 September 17
I do not think I'll find a very interesting post.

Erm...?

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 14:51, 19 September 17

Erm...?

A bug in their Spam algorithm?

Bryce.

Gryzor

Something of the sort, methinks.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk