News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Forum behaviour

Started by Devilmarkus, 10:56, 18 November 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

...and that is why after all I have deleted posts. Just use common sense...

@sigh: hell yeah :D

lynwen

Hi in regards to rules I would like to suggest the following rule (I haven't read replies so apologies if this has already been covered)

RULE - use your common sense

:laugh:

Gryzor

Common you say, eh? :D

lynwen

Quote from: Gryzor on 19:37, 21 February 13
Common you say, eh? :D

I suppose there may be some users who are a little lacking in common sense  ??? ::)
Spoiler: ShowHide
@Gryzor hahahaha

beaker

Quote from: lynwen on 19:41, 21 February 13
I suppose there may be some users who are a little lacking in common sense  ??? ::)

Oh? I would guestimate 90% of the male population including my hero Prince Philip’s TOP TEN gaffes according to The Sun | The Sun |Features  ;D
I take it you've seen You've Been Framed on ITV? Just makes the world a more interesting place  ;)

TFM

Question: Is it ok that the name of a software is mentioned in a site and that this name of a software actually forwards to a smite site?

I talk about the page which is linked to ROMAN in the MegaFlash Wiki page.

Should that stuff not be in a seperate Weblinks part of the site? Like in other pages?

Just want to ask before changeing anything.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

AMSDOS

Quote from: lynwen on 19:21, 21 February 13
Hi in regards to rules I would like to suggest the following rule (I haven't read replies so apologies if this has already been covered)

RULE - use your common sense

:laugh:

So your suggesting that when things get hectic, ban yourself?
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Gryzor

TFM, I've seen what you're talking about - saw it the moment it was posted. Really childish if you ask me, and a real pity; but I was thinking, since it's so low-profile and they haven't actually written anything on the wiki it'd be better not to start a war.

It was certainly very cheap, using a piece of software to promote infighting, but I tend to think that ignoring it is the best way to move forward.

AMSDOS

Just wondered what the story was with this NewsBot and all the rubbish which is going into the Hall of Shame, it looks like some some Spammer/Bot/evil Cookie has tapped into it and is posting this rubbish.

Your Computer Programs

Gryzor

You've been around long enough to know what the newsbot is - a robot fetching news from third-party sites, as well as videos. And these videos in the Hall of Shame were just irrelevant videos from a video channel that ended up there instead of the forum...

(and of course, this has nothing to do with the forum behavior rules, even if it was a spammer.)

AMSDOS

Fine, so I'll sent a PM/email to the Newsbot and advise it to cease posting dribble.

Your Computer Programs

Gryzor

:D

Already deleted that guy's stream and his vids won't be fetched again...

TFM

Instead you can add my youtube channel (realTFM), it's all 100% CPC related. Now I'm curious what you think about that.

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Huh, had no idea. I'd add it mate, but last vid was posted 7 months ago and most vids 3 years ago...

TFM

Right, I'm pretty lazy, but hope to do better soon. So it will not bring much traffic, but at least always CPC related and friendly.

TFM of FutureSoft