News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Forum installation and loss of functionality

Started by Gryzor, 12:08, 20 September 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

-Multi-quotes added. Please note, it only works with the full editor, not with the Quick Reply box.

Gryzor

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:12, 22 September 16-Multi-quotes added. Please note, it only works with the full editor, not with the Quick Reply box.

Note that now, you can select some text in a post and click on the "quote selection" button that appears to transfer that text to the quick reply box, ready to be quoted :)

tastefulmrship

I don't know if it was fixed prior to the reboot (or on your current to-do list), but the "invalid attachment filetype" problem still exists. I know the troll was shouting and screaming about it for ages, but (and it pains me to say this) I think he has a point.

I tried to reply to Joseman's request for my MI music and (accidentally) attached an .sks file to the post. It then said that .sks was an invalid filetype and gave me the option to go "back" and change the filetype.
I then created a .rar file and attached that instead, but the "POST" button didn't work... I had to go back to the thread and press reply and start all over again!

Now, I realise there's such a thing as copy/paste, but if you forget to CTRL^C and you've written a MacDeath-sized reply, then that's about 10 hours wasted!

Gryzor

Wait, I'm really confused now. What exactly is the "invalid attachment filetype" problem? The fact that not every single file type is allowed?

tastefulmrship

Ok... maybe this wasn't fixed, but I do remember the troll complaining about it!

I tried to attach a file to this post and pressed the "POST" button! (Image 1)

It said there was an error with the file and and I pressed the "Back" button to change the attachment! (Image 2)

I changed the file to a .rar and tried to press the "POST" button, but nothing happens! (Image 3)
The only way you can post is to go back into the thread and press "Reply" and start again!

Gryzor

Well that's kind to be expected I'm afraid, not much I can do about it... it's got to do with how sessions are driven and the connection to the database. Sorry.

Gryzor

Responsive theme modification done (memberlists need some more work). Now if you visit the forum on a mobile device the theme should be a nice responsive one based on the default desktop theme. Please check!

As you can see it's going fast, last night I did quite some work to allow all this...

Gryzor

Footnotes[nb]yes, this[/nb] reimplemented.

Oh wtf [nb]does it look weird to you too?[/nb]

Ah nah [nb]it just requires to flush your cache.[/nb]

1024MAK

Quote from: Gryzor on 07:56, 22 September 16
-Possible fix for the New icon.
Yep, the "New" icon is now nice and orange  :D

Can we either loose the "Top 30 Stats" from the front page, or at least shift them to the bottom of the page. They are more annoying than useful IMHO.

And thanks for doing this, it's a lot of effort to get back to "normal" but hopefully it will be worth it  ;D

Mark
Looking forward to summer in Somerset :-)

Gryzor

Yeah, I think those stats on top are not the ones that we were using, so I'm removing that section.

Thanks for your kind words :)

Gryzor

Descriptive links enabled - now you can just paste in a url and the forum will convert it to a URL with the target page's title. For instance,

http://www.cpcwiki.eu
becomes
CPCWiki - THE Amstrad CPC encyclopedia!

Gryzor

Wey hey! The facepalms are back!

Oh, also, we now have all the buttons above the Quick Reply box :)

1024MAK

Quick work there Gryzor  :D

On the subject of "active topics", a search found these results:

How to see active topics? How to see active topics?
"view active topics"? "view active topics"?

I'm not sure if any of the solutions are what we had before. Or whether you want to use customization like this just yet.

Mark

PS and yes, the descriptive links thingy looks like it's working  :P
Looking forward to summer in Somerset :-)

Gryzor

Downloads re-added. This was a pain in the arse to fix, I hope I got everything right...

Gryzor

Quote from: 1024MAK on 09:33, 22 September 16
On the subject of "active topics", a search found these results:

How to see active topics? How to see active topics?
"view active topics"? "view active topics"?

Took a look, unfortunately they don't offer much, at least not what we're looking for...

Gryzor

Social logins and OpenID login now active.

AMSDOS

Quote from: Gryzor on 07:53, 22 September 16
-Recent posts added. It's located underneath all the boards, is that what you guys mean? I think I had done something else that appeared on top but I'm not sure because I wasn't using it...

It seems to be missing the Page Numbers and New Icon. I can't put my finger on it, but this new Recent Posts looks different from the old one.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

gerald

Quote from: Gryzor on 07:53, 22 September 16
-Set board width to 80% of screen, is it too narrow?
Yes, a lot of wasted space >:(
What the need for 20% empty space ?

Gryzor

Quote from: gerald on 11:32, 22 September 16
Yes, a lot of wasted space >:(
What the need for 20% empty space ?

Most monitors are wide and pretty large these days, making the viewable area 100% of the viewport way too wide for comfortable reading. Same as with every web site...                 

seanb

The quote tab that blocked the first line of a reply can go if you're getting rid of stuff.
I had to guess what people were saying and I dint think people said what I imagined :D

Definitely need the new replies box that was at the top of the main page which also told you if you had read the replies or not.
Have to go through every individual forum now to see what's new.
Counter productive.
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

Gryzor

Guys, regardless of the "unread" box at the top of the front page, it has been stated time and again that there's the Unread button, next to last at the top menu, that does the same thing!

seanb

Where?
Edit: I found it.
Problem is on a mobile is that half those icons are the same question mark

Gryzor

[attach=2]

For mobile, not much that can be done, except for Tapatalk?       

seanb

Ah.I see what you was referring to.
That doesn't appear on a mobile.
There's a button I can press to get to recent topics that I haven't read so not a problem.
It was just handy having the recent post box at the top regardless of whether you had read them.

Gryzor

If I find how the heck I had done it I'll redo it :D