News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Forum installation and loss of functionality

Started by Gryzor, 12:08, 20 September 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

@arnoldemu: working on likes and mentions this very moment. I'm having some trouble with them due to the server configuration and some hard-coded parameters, but I'll get there :) I think you had a Gravatar generated avatar, and this is on the list in the OP, as are country flags, so all these are in the works :)

@remax : you're a light user :D

arnoldemu

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:19, 21 September 16
@arnoldemu: working on likes and mentions this very moment. I'm having some trouble with them due to the server configuration and some hard-coded parameters, but I'll get there :) I think you had a Gravatar generated avatar, and this is on the list in the OP, as are country flags, so all these are in the works :)

@remax : you're a light user :D
*LIKE*
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Gryzor

Gravatars reinstalled, but maybe you need to generate a new one... can you check?

arnoldemu

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:59, 21 September 16
Gravatars reinstalled, but maybe you need to generate a new one... can you check?
it's good :)
no need to generate one.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Gryzor

Oh it appeared, cool, the script did execute and I didn't notice it :D

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:18, 21 September 16
@Bryce , @CraigsBar : thanks for the confirmation, I'll scratch if off the list (yeah, mentions don't work yet)

@Bryce : hm? Here it's as it always was, orange and quite noticeable... can you post screenshot? Maybe we're not talking about the same thing?

@robcfg : yes, that's in the "tab" entry in the first post, it's a hack of sorts where I must insert a custom tab for them.

Yes, it's the rounded orange square with the wor "New" that I am talking about. Maybe I need to restart my browser or something. I'll report back later when I've checked this from a different computer.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Please do, sounds like some css may not be loading for you, but it appears fine for me with different browsers...

SOS

Maybe I missed something (you don't have this on your list?):
Before reinstalling, I can see the newest posts on the starting page of the forum (without login).
Last year (this year) the E-Mail notification was broken, when someone writes me a PM or writes a reply to a notified thread.

Gryzor

Gryzor

Quote from: SOS on 14:36, 21 September 16
Maybe I missed something (you don't have this on your list?):
Before reinstalling, I can see the newest posts on the starting page of the forum (without login).
Last year (this year) the E-Mail notification was broken, when someone writes me a PM or writes a reply to a notified thread.

I think you're referring to two separate things?

Recent messages (*new* messages for users who are not logged in is impossible) is, I think, part of another modification which is on the list, let's check later (why not leave it at always logged-in?).

The email is another thing and a big headache of mine, so I'll tackle it as soon as the rest is fixed.

Gryzor

Flags done, and I think we correctly set up some things to allow more complex modifications to follow :)

Gryzor

Alerts enabled.

Mentions enabled. Let's check, @Bryce ! - yup it looks like it works.

1024MAK

Yes, alerts work. But I could not get rid of the pop up box when I "clicked" the alert button. This was on a iPad mini. In the end I used the browser back button. It may work okay on a PC.

Keep at it  ;D

Mark
Looking forward to summer in Somerset :-)

mr_lou

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:18, 21 September 16
@Bryce : hm? Here it's as it always was, orange and quite noticeable... can you post screenshot? Maybe we're not talking about the same thing?

When Bryce posted about this, I saw the orange labels as you. But now I see what Bryce is seeing. Instead of the orange "New", there's just "New" with the same font and same colour as the name of the thread.

villain

Quote from: mr_lou on 18:54, 21 September 16
When Bryce posted about this, I saw the orange labels as you. But now I see what Bryce is seeing. Instead of the orange "New", there's just "New" with the same font and same colour as the name of the thread.

Same problem in the south of Germany. :-)

1024MAK

Looking forward to summer in Somerset :-)

robbarton

I use the bookmark functionality to quickly get to the AA type-ins thread. Until this is turned back on I've noted where to navigate to the thread, so it's not a show stopper but would be a nice thing to have back eventually.

Audronic

The Question Marks.
Would it be possible to make the Startup page show the most recent entries. Please

Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

AMSDOS

Quote from: Audronic on 23:58, 21 September 16
The Question Marks.
Would it be possible to make the Startup page show the most recent entries. Please

Ray

*LIKE*
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Gryzor

-Likes added, all stats appear correct.

-Regarding the NEW icon/button, I think it's down to the language selected by the user. Can you guys provide me with the url of the missing image?

Gryzor

Gryzor

-Recent posts added. It's located underneath all the boards, is that what you guys mean? I think I had done something else that appeared on top but I'm not sure because I wasn't using it...

-Set board width to 80% of screen, is it too narrow?

Gryzor

-Possible fix for the New icon.

Gryzor

Add another recent/tops box at the top of forum; tell me if it's useful, please!

Gryzor

Off-topic button added.

[ot]Today is the autumn equinox![/ot]