News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Forum now responsive!

Started by Gryzor, 18:13, 22 April 15

Previous topic - Next topic

seanb

Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

Gryzor

Ah damn, that's what I was trying to do and I though I failed and left it at that, calling it a night! Obviously something stayed on my tablet's cache (or the server's) :D

Great, nice to see it, going to check it out myself now.

Gryzor

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay :)

[attach=2]

TFM

To be honest... this is the first time that I start thinking about getting a Smartphone! Accessing the CPCWiki from all over is a serious good point!  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Hahaha well, there's always Tapatalk. Personally, I can't stand it and never got the hang of it for some reason, but others love it - and it does make posting easy and simple.

Now, if I find a way to make the Wiki pass Google's tests... :(

TFM

Thumbs up! You can do it! And if not, we all know where to go anyway!  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Yeah, not easy, unfortunately. The forum is much simpler - I can twean the css and php files, everything is in logical places and you can customise it rather easily. The Mediawiki platform, however, is a totally different beast... Just a search for "mediawiki responsive" will tell you so little that you immediately understand it's no easy, simple,or obvious stuff.

I'm looking into a couple of specific solutions.

One is rather simple and already works (mostly) - and you can check it out here: http://cpcwiki.eu/index.php?title=Main_Page&useskin=foreground . It still doesn't pass the Google tests though because, although it renders nicely on mobile devices, content is still too close for Google to give it a pass (and this gives you an indication of the process' complexity.

The other is much more complex and I'm slowly going through it though I'm not 100% confident about the results.

If any web developers are listening, feel free to get in touch :)

Thanks for your kind words mate!

seanb

I just noticed that there's no date and time for messages but they do show up if it's in a quote

Gryzor

Hm, is that really important? I find this to be extra information one can do without when real estate is of essence...

seanb

Not really but you asked to know of any issues.

I guess because I spend time on other forums that aren't as active as this one and have to check the date sometimes as the last post can be from 2008 or earlier before posting.
That's not an issue here though so ignore my previous post

Gryzor

Oh yes, by all means please do! I was just wondering in turn if this little thing was really worth investigating :)