News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Forum Software Upgrade

Started by Gryzor, 09:09, 09 May 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Arghhhh! Then user Opera, put the forum on SpeedDial and hit the combo key. I'm sure there are shortcut solutions for other browsers as well :p

MacDeath

This looks better with icons, also I was used to them, the text was sort of... erf... not that good.

Thx.

Gryzor

Yes, because the text was actually the ALT text of the images...

AMSDOS

There seems to be a problem with the add multi quote feature. I'm assuming that if I click on the add multi quote, the text from that quote will be included with the second quoted message that I click quote on, this doesn't seem to be happening, which means I have to click on quote for the first message I want, copy that and exit and click on the second bit.

Or is there something I'm not doing right there?
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Gryzor

Quote from: Gryzor on 07:36, 18 May 11
Yes, because the text was actually the ALT text of the images...
Quote from: CP/M User on 01:55, 24 May 11
There seems to be a problem with the add multi quote feature. I'm assuming that if I click on the add multi quote, the text from that quote will be included with the second quoted message that I click quote on, this doesn't seem to be happening, which means I have to click on quote for the first message I want, copy that and exit and click on the second bit.

Or is there something I'm not doing right there?
As I said before, you have to click on multi-quote on each separate message, then click reply. It just worked for me :)
There are some cases where it will fail, presumably because it works with cookies - haven't managed to track it down yet. But this post is proof it works!

AMSDOS

Quote from: Gryzor on 14:19, 24 May 11

As I said before, you have to click on multi-quote on each separate message, then click reply. It just worked for me :)

Well it's not working for me and I just tried that and got no quotes. And yes I've tried different combinations - all no good!  :(

QuoteThere are some cases where it will fail, presumably because it works with cookies - haven't managed to track it down yet. But this post is proof it works!

Unfortunately it seems to be failing for me everytime I want to do this, all I can do is copy my first quote and add it into the second message I'm quoting. May mean a slight delay but at least it works.

Your Computer Programs

Gryzor

Well, mind giving your system specifics?

AMSDOS

Quote from: Gryzor on 11:12, 25 May 11
Well, mind giving your system specifics?

WinXP running IE8, my security and privacy are set to Medium-High, Javascript I'm unsure - 1.3 I think. Nothing fancy, though I do have anti-virus software (as anybody would).

Your Computer Programs

Gryzor

Can't get it to work with f*cking IE... Will look a bit into it but I wouldn't have too much faith :(

AMSDOS

Quote from: Gryzor on 15:09, 26 May 11
Can't get it to work with f*cking IE... Will look a bit into it but I wouldn't have too much faith :(

It might be this stupid Adobe Flashplayer which is screwing things up (if you think IE is bad, then Flashplayer is definitely worse on my computer!  >:( ).

Your Computer Programs

Gryzor

Yet Flash should not appear in the forum pages...

AMSDOS

My Privacy is set to medium-high which has an impact on 3rd party cookies which can do things with my details without my explicit consent. Perhaps this is preventing the use of the multi-quote option?

Your Computer Programs

Gryzor

Well, why don't you try it and tell us? :)

I did try toying around with privacy settings (in IE9 it doesn't go below 'medium'! WTF?) but got nowhere...

AMSDOS

Quote from: Gryzor on 06:22, 28 May 11
Well, why don't you try it and tell us? :)

And reveal all my secrets to the world?  :o

I've kept my privacy Medium-High, however I've excluded this site which comes up "cpcwiki.eu" so cookies can be used only on this site. Even with this enabled though I still cannot produce multi-quoted posts.

QuoteI did try toying around with privacy settings (in IE9 it doesn't go below 'medium'! WTF?) but got nowhere...

Got nowehere as in multi-quoted posts still worked? Or got nowhere as in IE is nowhere near as good as the other web-browsers?

Your Computer Programs

Gryzor

MacDeath

QuoteThe ultimate Amstrad CPC community!
This is on the upper right of the page...

Quite good and true but wouldn't it be better to get

The ultimate international Amstrad CPC community!

The "international word is quite... accurate and then it won't hurt more nationalistic sites or peoples (the ones who rarely come here because they speak bad english....)

Ygdrazil

This is a good sugestion :-)

Quote from: MacDeath on 11:02, 29 May 11
This is on the upper right of the page...

Quite good and true but wouldn't it be better to get

The ultimate international Amstrad CPC community!

The "international word is quite... accurate and then it won't hurt more nationalistic sites or peoples (the ones who rarely come here because they speak bad english....)

AMSDOS

Quote from: MacDeath on 11:02, 29 May 11

"Calling International Rescue" has a nice ring about it!  :laugh:  Though seriously are people really put off because of different languages? I'm still checking out the German section occassionally which may not make a lot of sense through an interpreter, German Dictionary helps cause it also includes common sentences, better than nothing I suppose. I also have a look at the Spanish ESP which has some interesting stuff on it!  :) 

Your Computer Programs

McKlain

Call me naive but isn't this that we all use called the world wide web? To me the "international" word sounds redundant.  :police:

Gryzor

Well, then it wouldn't be as catchy... plus, it *is* bigger than the localised ones, ain't it?

@McKlain: It's teh interwebz anyway! :D

AMSDOS

There's a very good chance the world will know what your talking about if you use a word like "Micro$loth", isn't there?  :-\

Your Computer Programs

AMSDOS

I cannot quite recall, though I thought before the Forum Upgrade when you signed in (at the top) it would take you straight back to where you were previously? So if you were replying to something, it would take you straight back to that reply box, or if you were in a certain section it would take you back to that. Now when you sign in it reverts back to main forum screen which is a little annoying. True I am somewhat impatient to quibble over minor details, unfortunately that's just in my nature!  :(

Your Computer Programs

McKlain

Quote from: CP/M User on 08:33, 04 June 11
I cannot quite recall, though I thought before the Forum Upgrade when you signed in (at the top) it would take you straight back to where you were previously? So if you were replying to something, it would take you straight back to that reply box, or if you were in a certain section it would take you back to that. Now when you sign in it reverts back to main forum screen which is a little annoying. True I am somewhat impatient to quibble over minor details, unfortunately that's just in my nature!  :(

In regards of usability that should be the standard behavoiur, staying in the page that you were before login in.

Gryzor

Hmmm if it is so it means they changed it in the forum code. Can anyone else confirm this?