News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Horizontal Tables on the Wiki?

Started by AMSDOS, 07:33, 29 August 15

Previous topic - Next topic

AMSDOS

I was wondering if it was possible to have a visible Horizontal table, kind of like the one on the Type-ins page, only visible?

What seems to be missing from the Type-ins section is a list of RSX driven libraries, something which has the Name of the Program, Author, Magazine/Month & Year & the number of RSXs it includes. There would be heaps & heaps of these programs, which is why I thought it would be good to catalogue then & create a page for it along with the RSX commands added.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Gryzor

Um... what exactly do you mean by "horizontal table"? All tables are two-dimensional, I guess a "horizontal" one would be a table withmore columns than rows, but I suspect that's not what you're after.

ZbyniuR

20 years ago I sold my first 6128 with all disks, including collection of RSX.
Now when I try imagine how much time is needed to collect them again, I'm terrifying, and I don't know where to start.
Maybe somewhere already is bigger sets of RSX in one place. I will be thankful for any suggestions. :)
In STARS, TREK is better than WARS.

Bryce

Quote from: ZbyniuR on 19:37, 29 August 15
Now when I try imagine how much time is needed to collect them again, I'm terrifying, and I don't know where to start.
Maybe somewhere already is bigger sets of RSX in one place. I will be thankful for any suggestions. :)

Any chance you posted this in the wrong thread??

Regarding the original question. The Wiki is pretty much HTML you define the table dimensions and can add borders or whatever as you wish.

Bryce.

AMSDOS

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:35, 29 August 15
Um... what exactly do you mean by "horizontal table"? All tables are two-dimensional, I guess a "horizontal" one would be a table withmore columns than rows, but I suspect that's not what you're after.

In this case a table with both columns and rows. The table on the type-ins page is an example of this, but is without a visible border. If I click on Page Information there's a Vertical Table with visible border for instance, I'm just calling it a vertical table because the Headings are on the side like this:

Display title   
Default sort key   
Page length (in bytes)
Page ID
Page content language
Page content model
Indexing by robots

But in my case I'm after headings across the page:
NameAuthorMagazine/Month & Year# of RSXsRequirements?

with a visible border.

Wasn't sure if that could be done, since I haven't seen any pages with a visible border.

Your Computer Programs

robcfg

AMSDOS

Quote from: ZbyniuR on 19:37, 29 August 15

I'm presuming they were RSXs typed in from Magazines? Or were they your own or something created from RSX-LIB?

If they are magazines, there's probably an archive of them somewhere online.

QuoteNow when I try imagine how much time is needed to collect them again, I'm terrifying, and I don't know where to start.

I've started documenting ones from my list of Type-ins I wrote up back when I was buying AA, but then I found myself spending more time writing up what each of the RSX function is. I thought that if I could get a Table with Borders, I could just have a list of RSX commands, which come with each program, but then there's the odd program which come with 27 of the darn thing, so those could be written on a separate page.

QuoteMaybe somewhere already is bigger sets of RSX in one place. I will be thankful for any suggestions.

I thought of asking Kukulcan at CPC-Power, to see if this could be implemented in the same way programs have been categorised by Screen Mode and NoTitleScreen for example. Though in my case I was trying to expose RSX Libraries written by people for people who want to Use them in their programs. Examples?
* De-protect from AA53 (Feb '90) adds 1 RSX |DP,"filename.ext" to unprotect a protected BASIC file, so isn't designed for someones program, unless someone wants to write a Menu Driven Interface for Unprotecting BASIC files! :D
* Exuser from AA54 (Mar '90), this program extends the User RSX Range to 256 User Areas, it adds 1 additional RSX called PUSER,no% which stores the Current User Area into a variable no%, so again perhaps written to carry out specific tasks.
* Superbasic from AA51 (Nov '89) adds something like 27 additional RSXs, which carry out Scrolling to the Screen, Changing Graphics Pen & Paper Numbers, a few other odd things (effects), Change Visible Screen, lots of Firmware Based stuff, so in that case it could be used for someone to implement into their program.
* Sprite Driver from AA55 (Apr '90) which is the ESD though can also fall under this category though, it has 3 RSXs which relate to GRABbing a Sprite on Screen, Defining it with a Sprite Number & Printing the Sprite, so that's also a tool someone can use in their program.

So just by going though that small selection, it might be tricky to sort out a custom made program designed to do something, from a set of routines to aid someone in their programming in CPC-Power, and just thought that it could be something to have on the Wiki?

Your Computer Programs

AMSDOS

Your Computer Programs

AMSDOS

Okay, I've started building a list of RSX programs which can be found here:D

EDIT: Is starting to come together now with 14 Programs making the list, all from AA between Nov '89 (#50) & Aug '90 (#59). I've made Links for programs with a lot of RSXs which will display a list of those. Potentially a link could be used to link back to any PDF that maybe in the Downloads, or any Disk Image available within the Type-ins area on the Wiki. This page may well have to be Alphabetically grouped if it gets too big, although the Locomotive BASIC page is a big one.

Your Computer Programs

Gryzor

Great job, mate!

To be precise, all tables in the world have columns and rows :D But your description about headers on top is the element you're looking for.

Take a look at these tables, they're much better for what you're trying to accomplish:
Converted GX4000 games - CPCWiki

...since they're sortable.

Also, in the editor you have  an Insert Table icon when you click "Advanced".

Note: don't forget to add links to your page in other relevant pages :)

AMSDOS

Quote from: Gryzor on 09:26, 30 August 15
Take a look at these tables, they're much better for what you're trying to accomplish:
Converted GX4000 games - CPCWiki

...since they're sortable.

Great, I've made adjustments.

QuoteAlso, in the editor you have  an Insert Table icon when you click "Advanced".

Still doing things the old school way.

QuoteNote: don't forget to add links to your page in other relevant pages :)

I've added it to categories : Amstrad CPC media, Software. Programming, Type Ins. It could probably be added as Magazine & RSX, I've kept "Amstrad CPC media" there so it could be Linked to the Type-ins page.

Your Computer Programs