News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Have your say on the Wiki!

Started by Gryzor, 08:18, 22 September 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

That wat a bit off topic, but... :)

Oops right, I've had the (huge) PDF for a while now, will try to find some minutes to add the link...

Lazy Dude

It was kind of late last night and I couldn't find the current/ relevant forum  thread, which I have done now 👍

Wanderer

I wish the forum would look better on my smartphone. It's difficult not to use zoom...
- Wanderer -

AMSDOS

Quote from: Wanderer on 19:15, 10 August 18
I wish the forum would look better on my smartphone. It's difficult not to use zoom...

I use the WAP2 on my smartphone which has a smaller screen than a regular Apple or Samsung smartphone.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Gryzor

There's Tapatalk too, of course, but I'm going to be removing it soon due to security issues... :(

llopis

Quote from: Gryzor on 07:19, 11 August 18
There's Tapatalk too, of course, but I'm going to be removing it soon due to security issues... :(
Whaaat? Noooo... Seriously are here big security issues? I would hate to lose it for reading this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gryzor

Unfortunately, yes. Tapatalk was never a correct way to implement mobile viewing because it bypassed normal forum software APIs (not only with SMF but with others as well) and hooked directly into the database. This caused all sorts of problems to various fora, but security issues is another level altogether.

Maniac

Quote from: Gryzor on 07:37, 11 August 18
Unfortunately, yes. Tapatalk was never a correct way to implement mobile viewing because it bypassed normal forum software APIs (not only with SMF but with others as well) and hooked directly into the database. This caused all sorts of problems to various fora, but security issues is another level altogether.
Gutted to hear this as it's how I regularly check in to this forum! However completely understand the security aspect!

Gryzor

Yeah, it's sad indeed.

On the other hand, I've asked for suggestions for a possible forum system migration, but got no ideas from people... :(

AMSDOS

I'm unsure if it's related, though each time I Log In to the Forum, Safari is telling me "Website not secure". It seems to be only happening on the Forums I Log In to though, seems to be because the sites have the https:// Otherwise it hasn't really being bothering me, was just wondering.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

ComSoft6128

Hi Gryzor,

I would imagine that moving to a new system is probably way outside most members experience so this is probably why you have had little feedback on the subject.
I am sure the members would help in any way if they could :)

AMSDOS -  yes I have the same "not secure" message with Opera and like yourself it doesn't seem to be a problem.

Cheers,

Peter

Gryzor

And yet, we'll probably have to switch at some point or the other... I'm no longer really satisfied with SMF - I feel it has fell behind times.